How to Fix Your Pool Cue Shaft Dents By RockHead !

OILED

Registered
shaft dings...

this is another method i have been using for years..i hold the shaft from my chest out to the end of my arms reach using my table light in front of me and carefully and deliberatly turn the shaft slowly while sighting down the length of it to identify the dings.
as i see them i scuff sand with 600 grit paper just the ding. then after i have done this i use a dab of spit (i know some of you will think this is gross) water tends to suck in and evaporate to fast and does not penetrate deeply enough causing you to re-wet the area over and over again.
spit on the otherhand evaporates much slower and really goes deep into the wood and usually only requires a single dab. after i am satisfied with the ding removal i resand with 600 and then go back over with 1000-1500
keep in mind you are sanding off whatever spit you are putting on and besides its your spit.....

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP is a good way to kill you shaft, 220 grit is way to coarse! Once dings are removed use at least 1500 to 2000 or finer to finish.

How you remove dings is your choice but I wet cue tip and let it rest on the ding & repeat if needed. If the ding is a little deep I put an iron on top of the cue tip. Usually all I do is dampen a magic eraser with denatured alcohol. Once the shaft is clean I let it dry, then use 3600. Most dings I get are tiny & no big deal until there are several. By then my shaft needs cleaned anyway so at that time I use the ME.

My original shafts are straight & started at 13mm & now are 12.85 after 20 years of service. I quit using them 2 years ago but I assure you your mileage will be short using 600 or coarser.

Micro mesh makes very fine grits. For instance if my shaft is clean but feels a little sticky I use 6000 for quick slick finish.

Rod

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put tape around the dent and spit on the dent it self. Leave it for 1-2 hours and redo until dent has come out. Afterwards remove tape, burnish and seal using 800 grit and/or above sandpaper.