Kamui Tip Questions and Advice

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@ rayjay Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I have been playing for 21 years now and don't have very good tip maintenance skills. epic fail on my part. I have basic tip setting tools but don't know about taking a tip off.

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by spindoctor9 View Post
Try a pressed elkmaster. Holds it shape better than any tip I've tried and hits hard like a hard Kamui brown but you get that single layer tip action. A super soft Kamui will last you a month if you have a big stroke. They squish bad and you'll be shaping it constantly. I've had major issues with layered tips including kamui tips. They play well, but I had 6 or 7 delaminate on me. And ever since switching to the milk dud elkmaster, I've been miscuing with layered tips. I can also draw the ball further with the milk dud. Try a good milk dud or find a good triangle and you might never go back to a layered tip. I gave some A level players in my area a milk dud and I've gotten nothing but exceptional feedback. Layering leather with glue was an attempt to make tips that hold their shape. A milk dud or good triangle will hold it's shape better than anything, so why bother shooting with a tip that's half glue? If you like to use a lot of spin, save the cash and try a milk dud. They are just unbeatable. I hate hearing that tip quality is a matter of opinion. That's just stupid. A tip that holds it's shape better, holds chalk better, grabs the ball better, and jumps better is the better tip. I've used every tip out there I can find other than some of the newer companies, and I can't see myself ever trying a layered tip again. For reference I tested my tips last week. I can draw two tables on a slow Valley with the milk dud from 5-6 feet away 4 out of 5 times. With my Kamui black medium tipped shaft, my biggest stroke will get me one table and back to about the side pockets. I have a third shaft with a layered talisman, same action as the kamui. I have another cue with a triangle on it, and that got me the two tables I got with the milk dud. People roll the ball around and say yeah I like the kamui it has a good ping. But the big draw and follow shots are what tell the story about a tip. Sorry for the novel, I'm just really blown away with this tip, which I've been using for two months, and I had to spit some advice and my experiences your way.

Counterfeits have been known to fail fast.

And it is interesting how I never hear about these problems... If there is a problem with your Kamui, tell your tip installer. But still, not a word from any of my installers... very strange.

Last edited:

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
do you know of anyone who has any for sale already modified? I am not good with that sort of thing.

Contact forum member pooldawg8, his name is Jeff, super nice guy to deal with and always has great deals on Milkdud tips.

Also, anyone wnating to try an Ultra Skin layered tip can contact forum member TomHay on the forum or go directly to his website and order them.
http://www.layeredcuetips.com/
They are EXCELLENT tips for the money, I've taken my Kumui's off to shoot with the Ultra Skins.

Last edited: