Hard Times 10-Ball: Hottest Tournament in SoCal this Summer!

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Don't miss out on the HOTTEST thing happening in Southern California this summer...Hard Times 10-Ball $5,000 ADDED!

HT 10 POSTER WEB.jpg

FordSVTCobra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's always HOT at Hard Times - especially in mid July.

Looking forward to the event. Has the A/C been working lately? More importantly, will it be working that weekend?

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Yes - The A/C has improved at Hard Times (South) but it's still during the peak of hot weather there, in a 10,000 square foot space.

We do not currently have a list put together. All of the Cali tourneys on the West Coast Swing have been hard to get player's lists, because the simply did not want to charge a late fee unless they sign up on the day of the tournament. Heck, the Cole Dickson at Family Billiards isn't charging one at all and that's the first tournament on the Swing.

Here's who I believe are playing SOME of the events on the West Coast Swing, but please don't hold me to it...LOL.

• Efren Reyes (Stops 1 & 2)
  • Francisco Bustamante (Stops 1-4 and 6)
  • Rodney Morris (Stops 1-4)
  • John Morra (Stops 1-6)
  • Darren Appleton (Stops 2, 3, 5 & 6)
  • Ike Runnels (Stops 2 & 3)
  • Dennis Orcollo (Stops 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6)
  • Ruben Bautista (Stops 1-6)
  • Sal Butera (Stop 4, 5 & 6)
  • Oscar/Ernesto Dominguez (???)
  • Jaynard Orque (Stops 1-3)
  • Ramon Mistica (Stops 1-3)
  • Deo Alpajora (Stops 1-3)
  • Vilmos Foldes (Stops 1-4)
  • Brandon Shuff (Stops 1-3)
  • Tony Chohan (Stops 2-4)

Last edited:

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Seating

Thanks for the update. Do you happen to know what they will be charging spectators this year?

If I were you, I'd call each venue to find that out. I'm pretty sure Family Billiards is free to go in. (By the way, Efren Reyes is going to Family Billiards 2 or 3 days early to hit some balls with the locals) I'm hoping Hard Times will free be too but Eddie has been typically known to charge something. Chris Swart recently opened his joint with a full bar and kitchen, so I'm not expecting him to charge but, don't take my word for it on any of these guys. CSI is selling VIP seats ($200 for 10 Days) for their arena style seating at the US Open events in Las Vegas. Gary Onomura at Good Timez Billiards is charging a VIP price $100 for 3 days at his room to watch the Francisco Bustamante vs Tony Chohan event from July 19th-21st which, will virtually be the only 9 foot table action happening in Vegas.

Please note that, although we advertise these events as part of a group, they are technically still 'independent' tournaments; at least for the next couple of years while the 'swing' grows and we hope to see higher added monies, more sponsors and stronger support... these events will ultimately run independently. It's possible that as soon as next year, we'll see some additional standards agreed upon.

The phone numbers and info for each venue on the West Coast Swing are here: www.povpool.com/westcoastswing

Last edited:

FordSVTCobra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI - Hard Times had not determined their pricing yet when I called yesterday. Will call again next week and provide an update here.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes - The A/C has improved at Hard Times (South) but it's still during the peak of hot weather there, in a 10,000 square foot space.

We do not currently have a list put together. All of the Cali tourneys on the West Coast Swing have been hard to get player's lists, because the simply did not want to charge a late fee unless they sign up on the day of the tournament. Heck, the Cole Dickson at Family Billiards isn't charging one at all and that's the first tournament on the Swing.

Here's who I believe are playing SOME of the events on the West Coast Swing, but please don't hold me to it...LOL.

• Efren Reyes (Stops 1 & 2)
  • Francisco Bustamante (Stops 1-4 and 6)
  • Rodney Morris (Stops 1-4)
  • John Morra (Stops 1-6)
  • Darren Appleton (Stops 2, 3, 5 & 6)
  • Ike Runnels (Stops 2 & 3)
  • Dennis Orcollo (Stops 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6)
  • Ruben Bautista (Stops 1-6)
  • Sal Butera (Stop 4, 5 & 6)
  • Oscar/Ernesto Dominguez (???)
  • Jaynard Orque (Stops 1-3)
  • Ramon Mistica (Stops 1-3)
  • Deo Alpajora (Stops 1-3)
  • Vilmos Foldes (Stops 1-4)
  • Brandon Shuff (Stops 1-3)
  • Tony Chohan (Stops 2-4)

Oscar had gone to Vietnam to get some action matches...you should hear about his schedule soon. He has a Mezz West State Tour stop this weekend.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's always HOT at Hard Times - especially in mid July.

Looking forward to the event. Has the A/C been working lately? More importantly, will it be working that weekend?

It was hot as a sauna this last weekend; I wouldn't know if the A/C was working. I'll still play as I love the place and the game of pool, but just be forewarned that it can get hot. <edited> This is not directed at you as you know firsthand, but rather at others.

FordSVTCobra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was hot as a sauna this last weekend; I wouldn't know if the A/C was working. I'll still play as I love the place and the game of pool, but just be forewarned that it can get hot. <edited> This is not directed at you as you know firsthand, but rather at others.

Thanks. I just can't see traveling to watch in person and being drenched in sweat within 5 mins of being there. I'd rather stay home and watch the stream in comfort. It's a shame because I love the place and pool as well.