World Chinese Pool Masters

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must have been a time limit, game over...

I was wondering what the hell that was.

I forgot there may have been a time limit.

I didn't see any clock today, but yesterday I noticed a time limit going when I was watching another match.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, they have a match time limit (in addition to a shot clock). For the round of 32 players, it was a race to 17 with a 180-minute time limit. So Shane lost 12-15 when time ran out. Corey also lost (13-14) when time ran out.

The round of 16 players will also be races to 17 with a 180-minute time limit.

It will be races to 19, 200-minute time limit, in the quarterfinals and semifinals, then a race to 21, 220-minute time limit, in the finals.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yes, they have a match time limit (in addition to a shot clock). For the round of 32 players, it was a race to 17 with a 180-minute time limit. So Shane lost 12-15 when time ran out. Corey also lost (13-14) when time ran out.

The round of 16 players will also be races to 17 with a 180-minute time limit.

It will be races to 19, 200-minute time limit, in the quarterfinals and semifinals, then a race to 21, 220-minute time limit, in the finals.

I don’t think I like the time limit rule...get 3 games up with a half hour to go...
...play safe and play slow.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think I like the time limit rule...get 3 games up with a half hour to go...
They know the rules goin' in. Don't get behind. The time limit happens but not a lot.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

sounds like a gamble, especially with these guys

from what i've seen earlier in c8b is that play is fairly fast. so i guess the system is working

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like Ouschan won his second match in a row that was ended by the time limit. He's now on to the quarterfinals.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG, Champion wins $140K . That is a lot of money in pool terms.

pm.JPG

Wow, Albin is remaining WPA guy. The strongest WPA guy in C8B, Chris Melling is out (though some may claim him as E8B guy).
The remaining E8B guy, Gareth Potts is one of the favorites. But he has a very tough match against another favorite, Chu Bing Jie (who played quite a number of WPA events so can partly claim him as WPA guy) :D
I am surprised Yang Fan is not playing.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How big was the field?

How many games did Corey and Shane win?

Was Shaw at this one? Any other WPA guys?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG, Champion wins $140K . That is a lot of money in pool terms.

View attachment 538347

Wow, Albin is remaining WPA guy. The strongest WPA guy in C8B, Chris Melling is out (though some may claim him as E8B guy).
The remaining E8B guy, Gareth Potts is one of the favorites. But he has a very tough match against another favorite, Chu Bing Jie (who played quite a number of WPA events so can partly claim him as WPA guy) :D
I am surprised Yang Fan is not playing.

Yang Fan, and also Zheng Yubo. There were some comments on Facebook that alluded to it being because there is a split into two 8 ball camps and one of them doesn't play Joy events. Not sure how accurate that is.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So the time limit ended Ouschan's match with him ahead for the 3rd time in a row!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the time limit ended Ouschan's match with him ahead for the 3rd time in a row!

same thing happened in the semi, but not to his advantage this time. the chinese guy was kind of stalling with the ball cleaning. but, it's on albin to run his racks and he failed to do that

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what a phillipine player did recently. It was maybe Jeff Ignacio or Gomez. He was deliberately stalling with obsessive ball cleaning so the other player couldn't come back. This was deep into the tournament.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not much slow play in the second semi, 14 BNR:s and 12 RNR:s. bingjie should win the final easily