Shipping cue to sweden

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone know the best way to ship a $700 usd cue to sweden?. Im not familiar with the import fees on buyers end. Is it better to put a lower value on the usps customs form?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know the best way to ship a $700 usd cue to sweden?. Im not familiar with the import fees on buyers end. Is it better to put a lower value on the usps customs form?

No direct input on the question, but It is never a good idea to try and cheat the system.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tell the buyer once the agent/shipper has it ( DHL, Fed Ex etc.) it is out of my hands and the buyer's responsibility. Solving insurance claims for lost or damage in other languages and time zones can be bothersome. That said it always seems to go OK.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Honestly if your item become lost it will be hard for a $700.00 insurance claim, on a item with a customs declaritation of $100.00 Value.

Something to think on

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Honestly if your item become lost it will be hard for a $700.00 insurance claim, on a item with a customs declaritation of $100.00 Value.

Something to think on

Actually, it will be IMPOSSIBLE.

You declare $100, that is all your claim will be.

Yes, there will a VAT tax on his end and it is hefty.

But, the risk by saving him some coin is your losing your entire investment of $700? A lot of risk for the seller with none for the buyer.

Don't do it.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, it will be IMPOSSIBLE.

You declare $100, that is all your claim will be.

Yes, there will a VAT tax on his end and it is hefty.

But, the risk by saving him some coin is your losing your entire investment of $700? A lot of risk for the seller with none for the buyer.

Don't do it.

the VAT is 25%

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've shipped it both ways over seas. The important part is both parties understands what both ways means and the consequences. I used the post office. He gets copies of all tracking number and customs form numbers.
I haven't had any problems.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why would you want to do that?

If it was me I'd send it registered mail restricted delivery. The person you list must sign for it which reduces the chance of it being stolen. If it's a $700 cue list it as a $700 cue.