Jackpot Cues

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I play with a $230 cue. That was expensive to me. In ten years I haven't bought another cue for myself. I bought one out of hock for a friend for $110 and he's never bought it back.

I seriously considered buying one of the first Jackpot cues and really came close to pulling the trigger on the second batch because I had seen one of the firsts.

$600 for a cue is still expensive to me. I heard good things about the first batch. Part of what drew me in to getting one is that it was said custom made by Jack Potter. I had no idea who he is but it seems he's got a good reputation and I thought, it'd be cool having a cue made by someone known. If I got one I would be proudly saying, hey this cue was made by Jack Potter. He's been around cue making forever and worked with some big names. To find out he didn't make the cue, I'd be somewhat bummed even if it did play great.

So many American manufacturers have plants in China. Is that an American made product even though it was designed and produced with American oversight?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You doggedly determined bastards! Fine:
A- I made the jackpot cues
2. I have deans tasc. Slipped it into my case when I delivered the blackpots.
B) I shot ball 527 for Schmidt.

Fine. You feel better now.

:eek:
And, I was working the desk that night Charlie asked for hotel keys.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can easily see where a person could feel that they were deceived.

I can just as easily see where a person could be happy enough with the cue that they don't care.

If I design a cue but it is not made by me it is not my cue and my name should not be used as the maker. Pretty simple.

I have never been comfortable enough to buy a cue without seeing and hitting with it. Hit is all important to me and I have seen too many x-rays of cues made by reputable cue makers where internal mistakes have been ignored and glossed over.

There is always going to be two sides to this thread. Each comfortable with their position.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT

NEWS LOGICAL SAYS HE DOESN"T KNOW

it didn't stop him from writing about it

How would this play out in court
witness says he doesn't know if a crime has been commited

the judge says "then why are you here"

witness says "i just wanted to create suspicion and hurt someone if I could

Shrinks his shoulders"you know just kinda
slander a guy without ever sayin nuthin"
Read what I actually wrote in that and other posts in this thread you whackjob, I tried to help defend your position.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's what i think, if i'm wrong, oh well. Ok, here we go: Dean and Potter are both good friends of Don Owen(the "O" of OBCues). OB has a shop full of modern cue-making/finishing equipment. Potter, in the role of designer/overseer, has these 12 mystery cues made at the OB shop. Hey, this is as plausible as anything else i've seen here.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Nobody wants to admit that they've been oversold. I bought an Ebay cue listed as unknown maker. It is clearly an import and I knew that when I bought it as something more interesting than a Valley house cue to fill an empty space in my wall rack at home.

I paid $45 shipped and it plays great. If I told you it was a $500 cue made by a famous maker I doubt anyone would dispute it.

Sent from the future.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Online Business Ethics

This course provides an introduction to business ethics. Part philosophy and part business, the course covers a wide array of ethical issues arising in contemporary business life. The lessons explore employee issues and responsibilities, leadership and decision-making, morality, diversity, discrimination, and ethics in marketing and advertising. Corporate social responsibility is also examined, as are environmental responsibility, global ethics, and regulation in an era of increasing globalization. In addition to the practical components, you’ll also study the theories behind the practices, including ethical relativism, utilitarianism, moral excellence and deontology.

Buy the course and get a copy of ‘Business Ethics: Decision-Making for Personal Integrity & Social Responsibility' at no additional cost

Enrolling in StraighterLine courses is now even more affordable, more convenient and faster with eTextbooks included at no additional cost. More information on StraighterLine eTextbooks

etextbook included:
business_ethics.jpg

3Credits
Business Ethics from McGraw Hill

View Details Course Syllabus

Includes:
Tutoring
Proctoring
BUS106 eTextbook (a $69.00 value)

$59

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Wow this has been enlightening. I didn’t realize Dean’s tactics rubbed so many the wrong way. Is dean just trying to hold the cue makers name a secret? He doesn’t want someone going around him to place an order to their own specifications and take up secret new cue makers time?

Is it the Chinese? Croatians? This is a cool place, some treat it respectfully...some as a dumping ground for flyers and will only answer questions from people with more flyers, upstate! ����. Some use it to sell some stuff or whatever, some like to engage back and forth. We’re all a big unhappy family.

Dean does at least seem to mix it up in the postings instead of just trying to promote his stuff.

I don’t know whom made these cues but I think your aiight here dean, this is like more mystique for future cue sales.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Read what I actually wrote in that and other posts in this thread you whackjob, I tried to help defend your position.

Sent from the future.

Logical,
You may have intended to help defend Dean’s position,
but I have to say I didn’t take it that way.
Not helpful at all.

Btw, don’t you think whack job is over the top?
Also not helpful.
Whew!

Will Prout

Last edited:

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am out of popcorn but this thread did provide a couple of days of nail biting drama.

These cues may turn out to be extremely rare. Ghost OB Ebonies!

Get ready, Dean. The orders will come pouring in, er, well. once the 5 million different opinions help us nobodies make up our mind.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Logical,
You may have intended to help defend Dean’s position,
but I have to say I didn’t take it that way.
Not helpful at all.

Btw, don’t you think whack job is over the top?
Also not helpful.
Whew!

Will Prout
I
was referring to where I pointed out in an earlier post where Dean had very early on spelled out clearly that the cues would actually be built by people other than Jack.

Sometimes there is a long running history of little things people here do to others that just gets to be a bit much. Even so, you are of course right about the whackjob comment.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most people won't say anything if they feel they got burned.

They would rather live with their shame in private.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Here's what i think, if i'm wrong, oh well. Ok, here we go: Dean and Potter are both good friends of Don Owen(the "O" of OBCues). OB has a shop full of modern cue-making/finishing equipment. Potter, in the role of designer/overseer, has these 12 mystery cues made at the OB shop. Hey, this is as plausible as anything else i've seen here.

Completely plausible. That would sound like a nice collaboration to me. No reason to hide that at all. I had great experiences with OB and Royce.

Last edited: