Sept 24-26 "CAJUN CLASSIC" $1000 ADDED

CueSports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CueSports in Thibodaux will be hosting the 1st Annual "CAJUN CLASSIC" on September 24-26. Friday night 10-Ball Ring Game $100 entry fee (16 player max) $2000 in chip play. ($10 Green Fee Included in Entry)

Main Event (9-Ball) Saturday September 25-26
$55 Entry ($15 Green Fee)
$1000 Added full field - $500 Added Guranteed
Format: Race To 7 Winners and Race To 5 Losers
BCA Rules Apply except no 3 foul rule and call pocket. 9-Ball Doesn't Count On Break And Will Be Spotted.

We are working with "BIGTRUCK PRODUCTIONS" to have the whole event streamed like the "Louisiana 9-Ball Expo" Our last tournament had a 48 player field with over $10,000 in prize funds. Many talented players came in from all over such as Max Eberle, Scotty Townsend, Chris Miller, Mike Black, Jason Lafleur, Gary Abood, Ricky Powers, Nick Arcement, and Jason Abate. Expecting a full field this time with even more talent which means more money invested in tournament. Call Nick Arcement 985.387.2066 or Jason Lafleur 985.859.5171 to reserve your spots today.

Last edited:

COREYGT1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Payout

Hey just wondering, how many places will payout with the full 16 players in the 100 entry ring game? Or is it winner take all

CueSports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ring Game Payouts

1st $950
2nd $475
3rd $175
Plus Calcutta

We will be paying only 3 spots in the ring game event plus calcutta will pay 3 as well. Starts @ 8:00pm Friday night so sign up as early as possible because we are taking 1st 16 players for that also. All of the tables are getting recovered Sept 5,6 so by the tournament time, they should be playing great like they always do. Can't beat total diamond pool room....

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CueSports in Thibodaux will be hosting the 1st Annual "CAJUN CLASSIC" on September 24-26. Friday night 10-Ball Ring Game $100 entry fee (16 player max) $2000 in chip play. ($10 Green Fee Included in Entry)

Main Event (9-Ball) Saturday September 25-26
$55 Entry ($15 Green Fee)
$1000 Added full field - $500 Added Guranteed
Format: Race To 7 Winners and Race To 5 Losers
All safties must be called with missed shots awarding ball in hand to opponent. Modified BCA rules. 9-Ball Doesn't Count On Break And Will Be Spotted.

We are working with "BIGTRUCK PRODUCTIONS" to have the whole event streamed like the "Louisiana 9-Ball Expo" Our last tournament had a 48 player field with over $10,000 in prize funds. Many talented players came in from all over such as Max Eberle, Scotty Townsend, Chris Miller, Mike Black, Jason Lafleur, Gary Abood, Ricky Powers, Nick Arcement, and Jason Abate. Expecting a full field this time with even more talent which means more money invested in tournament. Call Nick Arcement 985.387.2066 or Jason Lafleur 985.859.5171 to reserve your spots today.

Hey Nick...you might want to ask a few people bout about the modified rules...most people i talked to about the Emerald tourney didin't really care for the ball in hand thing if missed shot..said like with jump shots it takes away the two way shot...I just want ya'll to have the best tourney & showing possible..wouldnt want some players not showing up because of the rules.

CueSports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Comments

Thanks for the comments and we are really trying to make this the best tournament possible so everyone can enjoy the event. We talked around and never had a bad comment yet about it. Alot of people didn't like Charlie Williams other rules but as for as the ball in hand if you miss a shot goes, that is what alot of the players did like because of the fact that they had to call there shot it takes away how people call 9 ball a lucky game instead of 8 ball. If you call a pocket and make a ball in another pocket, your opponent will be granted ball in hand. That is the main reason alot of folks don't like APA rules with the shit shots and 9 ball gets the bad rep that it does being the "EASY GAME". If everyone thinks that it is that easy, come to CueSports and snap off the tournament because we will have alot of money waiting for them because it is so easy. We almost made this a 10 ball event but we want to try this out this time...

fcee06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems that all around some are trying to change the rules of the game. It seems to coming from the guys who dont really miss many balls. For some of the lesser players a good or lucky roll will actually give them a shot at maybe taking down the better player. To be punished for missing your pocket and getting a lucky roll or a lucky hook is a bit out there in my humble opinion. It only one game. As was said previously I would hate for you to lose some of the lower level players over making it tougher on a lesser player. This rule will mostly benefit the better player. I just thought it was worth mentioning. I truly hope your event is so full you have to turn people away. Good luck on you tournament.

FC

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree !

It seems that all around some are trying to change the rules of the game. It seems to coming from the guys who dont really miss many balls. For some of the lesser players a good or lucky roll will actually give them a shot at maybe taking down the better player. To be punished for missing your pocket and getting a lucky roll or a lucky hook is a bit out there in my humble opinion. It only one game. As was said previously I would hate for you to lose some of the lower level players over making it tougher on a lesser player. This rule will mostly benefit the better player. I just thought it was worth mentioning. I truly hope your event is so full you have to turn people away. Good luck on you tournament.

FC

Unless it's a true pro stop tourney...the bulk of the players will be lower to mid level players which some only play because of the slight luck factor that they might be able to win against a better player....Personally I would not mess with it but that's me....If you really want to work on the luck factor I would go old school with the 2 shot roll out before I'd give up ball in hand even on a good hit.:shrug:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Unless it's a true pro stop tourney...the bulk of the players will be lower to mid level players which some only play because of the slight luck factor that they might be able to win against a better player....Personally I would not mess with it but that's me....If you really want to work on the luck factor I would go old school with the 2 shot roll out before I'd give up ball in hand even on a good hit.:shrug:

The Pro Ten Ball rules that are being played in many events are not ball in hand. I haven't heard of any top 9 ball events using these type rules.

Pro 10 Ball ***If you miss a shot and accidentally hook your opponent, your opponent can give it back (not ball in hand). Plus its call shot and the ten doesn't count on the snap. If you call a safety and pocket a ball, you can get it back too. These rules I like.

Ray

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pro Ten Ball rules that are being played in many events are not ball in hand. I haven't heard of any top 9 ball events using these type rules.

Pro 10 Ball ***If you miss a shot and accidentally hook your opponent, your opponent can give it back (not ball in hand). Plus its call shot and the ten doesn't count on the snap. If you call a safety and pocket a ball, you can get it back too. These rules I like.

Ray

I like those rules too !

CueSports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BigTruck

Just booked BigTruck for the event so we just ironed out all of the details of the event and he will be here streaming the event live on www.poolactiontv.com So on September 24,25,26, check out the best stream out there in HD or come to Thibodaux and play what is turning out to be a great event.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just booked BigTruck for the event so we just ironed out all of the details of the event and he will be here streaming the event live on www.poolactiontv.com So on September 24,25,26, check out the best stream out there in HD or come to Thibodaux and play what is turning out to be a great event.

It true! We WILL be there!

Last time I was at this event there were great matches going on almost ALL tables! If you are anywhere close, come by and play or sweat the action with us in person!

Nick and Jason will make you feel right at home and you'll get to see ALL the action, not just one table. ;)

Ray

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It true! We WILL be there!

Last time I was at this event there were great matches going on almost ALL tables! If you are anywhere close, come by and play or sweat the action with us in person!

Nick and Jason will make you feel right at home and you'll get to see ALL the action, not just one table. ;)

Ray

If nothing interferes with my plans...then I will deff be there to buy a player or 2 in da calcutta..Oh...& Ray....I have a fresh batch of T-shirts that came in...lol:grin:

CueSports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players

Just talked to Chip Compton and he said that him and Joey Gray should be in attendance. Also bigtruck is may be bringing Brandon Shuff and Max Eberle. Shaping up to be a memerable event. Get your entries in fast before it is to late. $55 Entry including $15 green fee. Plus also, 16 man $100 calcutta on the friday night.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just talked to Chip Compton and he said that him and Joey Gray should be in attendance. Also bigtruck is may be bringing Brandon Shuff and Max Eberle. Shaping up to be a memerable event. Get your entries in fast before it is to late. $55 Entry including $15 green fee. Plus also, 16 man $100 calcutta on the friday night.

No confirmation from anyone just yet on my end. Max had some concerns about the air quality in Southern LA and Brandon has to be in Virginia the week before.

Considering the HIGH number of gorgeous Asian women in Thibideaux, I'm thinking Max will come! :shocked: We'll see.

Ray

Stone Cold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No confirmation from anyone just yet on my end. Max had some concerns about the air quality in Southern LA and Brandon has to be in Virginia the week before.

Considering the HIGH number of gorgeous Asian women in Thibideaux, I'm thinking Max will come! :shocked: We'll see.

Ray

That is a VERY true statement! The one that was showing her hips all weekend was teh hotness! :grin:

cuenga

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stone Cold Reply

Your right mitch, it is going to be a hell of a field. Stronger field means more cash in the calcutta. So bring plenty of it and buy you some players are just come snap it off yourself.