Anyone here drive a motorcycle?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for solutions of carrying a case (2x4 preferably or a 1x2 if necessary but not across the bars ). What are yall doing??? ( also not across the back like a bow and arrow lol )?

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_00202_8oOuSylUjmx.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_00202_8oOuSylUjmx.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,047

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking for solutions of carrying a case (2x4 preferably or a 1x2 if necessary but not across the bars ). What are yall doing??? ( also not across the back like a bow and arrow lol )?

2005 HD 1200 Sportster
Backpack straps

mikewhy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the shotgun holster is still available but requires deleting the drink holder. Should be readily modifiable.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i thought you RIDE a motorcycle....:D
i dont have one
so what do i know...:embarrassed2:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2005 HD 1200 Sportster
Backpack straps

Lol, yeah I'm not trying to wear it on my back for a couple reasons. Have done that a few times and not real comfortable plus half the time I may have a backpack on especially if I'm doing an overnighter. Was looking for " something " that I can mount on bike somewhere. I'm sure I could fab something up that would work but didn't really want to get all that involved. Talked to JB about it awhile back and he said he would work on it with me but was hoping for maybe.something simple. I've already came up with something for the bagger but the sporty is different obviously so........

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Back pack style or just play off the wall...zx7r...not too big not too small...just right.

Attachments

• IMAG1023.jpg
    IMAG1023.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 983

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back pack style or just play off the wall...zx7r...not too big not too small...just right.

That's a SWEET BIKE BRO!!! Ninjas are my fav sport bikes ( used to have one- recked it showing off lol ) and Kaw green is also my fav color lol! Awesome.. I've always been split between sport bikes and cruisers but my back no longer lets me ride the rice rockets, need a more comfortable position now ��. Time to time though i still will jump on one of my buddies' and just go wind it out mid trip digits and feel alive for a bit.The Sporty in the pic straight sheets and gets..... It runs with the rice off the line ( but not top end though but then again who wants to run a buck eighty all the time lol ). Its a stage 4 with the goodies. I wasn't looking for another Sporty, I was actually looking for a tourer but this one realm caught my eye lol. As of now I think my solution is gonna be this: As mentioned I often have a backpack so gonna find me a decent sneaky and jist rubber band it and fit it in the bp and jist call it a day. I actually dont have a problem playing big sets off the wall, but now a days there's no telling if you can even find ANYTHING worr playing with off the wall most places these days. Anyway bro, love your bike man!!!

Last edited:

lucasi1

Registered
I carry mine across handlebars and works fine. No interference of any kind. Looks like either tar straps or zip ties on top of tail light to top of shock absorber. They also have bungee cords with plastic hooks which shouldn't scratch anything. Also use rags at contact points for friction on both your bike and case. Another possibility might be along front fork, but I've never tried that. Also, if you mount it behind/beside you, I use another bungee cord through case and around my waist in case it should come loose.

Last edited:

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I carry mine on my back but I have the option of strapping it to the rack on the back of my Road King.

Since you don't want the first option and don't have a rear rack you might want to think of getting a rear rack or perhaps having a custom strap made to attach the case to your front forks. Similar to how a fork bag attaches.

Of course you would have to make sure its very stable and doesn't interfere with the turning radius in any way. Another downside to that would be if the case rubbed on your front fender it might cause some damage to your paint.

Good luck.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I carry mine on my back but I have the option of strapping it to the rack on the back of my Road King.

Since you don't want the first option and don't have a rear rack you might want to think of getting a rear rack or perhaps having a custom strap made to attach the case to your front forks. Similar to how a fork bag attaches.

Of course you would have to make sure its very stable and doesn't interfere with the turning radius in any way. Another downside to that would be if the case rubbed on your front fender it might cause some damage to your paint.

Good luck.

Honestly never even thought about front forks. I'm actaully getting rid of the front and replacing with either a mid glide or wide glide as I'm gonna be running a fatty front tire and front fender is either getting ditched or cut down to about 5-6 inches. The seat is gonna have something done too so I can have two up on this one if need be. I might jist put a small pad on fender though honestly but def no rack on this one.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Honestly never even thought about front forks. I'm actaully getting rid of the front and replacing with either a mid glide or wide glide as I'm gonna be running a fatty front tire and front fender is either getting ditched or cut down to about 5-6 inches. The seat is gonna have something done too so I can have two up on this one if need be. I might jist put a small pad on fender though honestly but def no rack on this one.

Nice bike, I won't put a rear rack on it either, :grin:. Another thing to keep in mind if you attach to the front is clearance in tight spaces. One of the nice things about having the bike is the ability to get through space that cars can't. Just don't forget it's there.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I like your sporty too! Nicely done. By the by, I've been known to swing both ways also. Chromed out Heritage...

Attachments

• IMAG1202.jpg
    IMAG1202.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 956

DOA

Registered
I have the same problem, using my 2x4 case over my shoulder and worked pretty good until I put a tail bag on the Vrod, then the case rides up on my back and bothers me, pressing into my back. I need a shotgun type holster, maybe modify the back foot peg to hold the butt of the case and have it sweeping backwards to have a system that hold it from the top of the rear shock. Sort of like an ATV gun boot.(which might be able to be modified:

Attachments

• IMG_20171103_143201.jpg
    IMG_20171103_143201.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 309

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Gold Wing could carry a few dealer cases and with the 6 cyl engine, you could carry many cues that really do hit a ton.

I have had many bikes and the coolest thing was my XR650L that was loaded up with enough gear for a weekend camping trip. I even had a grill I could place over a fire pit for cooking.

How did I carry my fishing poles?

PVC pipe strapped to the front forks, one on each side vertically. 3" pipe should fit a case inside. Use a screw on cap at top and enclose the bottom with a solid cap. A spacer or two and two large hose clamps.

It will survive most accidents.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The best place to carry anything on a Sporty is in your purse.

j/k

Nice bike. I like the laced 21. Sorry to see it go.