DCC payout BUMP....

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DCC FB page just announced that $25,000 would be added to payout of 9b, 9b Banks, and 1p. Pretty sweet. This may have been announced earlier but i just saw it.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's good but absence of the 14.1 event leaves a large void.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's good but absence of the 14.1 event leaves a large void.
Not really. It was added as an extra event. Don't get me wrong i like the game but it being gone won't hurt the event and it freed up some extra $$ for main events. Biggest problem,imo, was it caused scheduling snags that slowed everything down.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
DCC FB page just announced that $25,000 would be added to payout of 9b, 9b Banks, and 1p. Pretty sweet. This may have been announced earlier but i just saw it.

So the guaranteed added money will be $75,000 this year vs. $50,000 last year. But the entry fees and buy-ins have been raised for Banks and One-Pocket. I expect those increases will at least fully fund the increase in added money.

Edit -- Note that the added money is guaranteed and the numbers of entries and buy-ins are not. So they are taking a bit of a risk, but I think it's pretty low.

Last edited:

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see the extra money added to the payouts, but I would guess the increase in entry and buyback fees are an attempt to keep the event manageable. 505 bank players last year and similar number in the other events had to be a time and scheduling nightmare.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really. It was added as an extra event. Don't get me wrong i like the game but it being gone won't hurt the event and it freed up some extra $$ for main events. Biggest problem,imo, was it caused scheduling snags that slowed everything down.

Completely agree.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The only way it affected scheduling was that it took four tables out of circulation. The schedulers ignored the 14.1 nearly always. There will be four more tables for four days this year because the straight pool is gone. That is only for the four days of qualifications, Sun-Wed.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only way it affected scheduling was that it took four tables out of circulation. The schedulers ignored the 14.1 nearly always. There will be four more tables for four days this year because the straight pool is gone. That is only for the four days of qualifications, Sun-Wed.

There will be a segment of viewers who will sorely miss the 14.1 competition, and the uniqueness to that format. Would love to see it re-appear in another major tournament where the promoters actually showed some interest and respect for it. Perhaps the International?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There will be a segment of viewers who will sorely miss the 14.1 competition, and the uniqueness to that format. Would love to see it re-appear in another major tournament where the promoters actually showed some interest and respect for it. Perhaps the International?
Pure pipe-dream here but i wish the three 14.1 promoters(CSI, American 14.1 and World 14.1) would sit down and come up with ONE definitive StraightPool title. Have it somewhere nice, i'm thinking former L.A. ElksLodge building The Macarthur and do it up right. The game deserves some pomp and celebrity in my book.