Book Finally Coming?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found this post on facebook from a guy named Bob Nunley:

I had a great conversation with Stan Shuffett yesterday! His new book on CTE Pro One is getting close to being finished. When this comes out, it will be a GOLDMINE of aiming information. As Stan says, this is the "FINAL CHAPTER" in CTE Pro One. I'm not sure how much the books are going to cost, but they will be available through Stan, and I will have them available at the Billiard Learning Center for my CTE Pro One Students. I plan to attend Stans first book signing, which will be in Oklahoma City (date not yet set). I AM ON PINS AND NEEDLES WAITING FOR THIS! It WILL be the most comprehensive book and explanation of CTE Pro One EVER released!

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the status of Stan’s book as of today.

Editing/revision of the text and diagrams is finished.

Book design is beginning now. 147 diagrams and 358 images will be inserted into a 100,000 word text.

I will post here when book designing is completed.

The actual publishing process will follow.

Connie Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Book design is beginning now. 147 diagrams and 358 images will be inserted into a 100,000 word text.

Connie Shuffett

OK but over two years ago Stan said he was already half way through that exact thing.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5967449&postcount=112

I'm sure it feels like I am badgering you over "Where's the book?" but many of us in this forum really are interested in different ways of aiming. "Books coming soon" begins to feel like an insult, even to those of us on the naughty list. If the book has been put on the back burner for awhile, then fine, but don't string everybody along. If you don't set a date for publication then it will never get done.

I'm sure updates and realistic time frames would be appreciated by CTE users.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member

Connie Shuffett

Thank you for the update...a lot of us are respectively waiting.
TommyT

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Connie Shuffett

OK but over two years ago Stan said he was already half way through that exact thing.

I'm sure it feels like I am badgering you over "Where's the book?" but many of us in this forum really are interested in different ways of aiming. "Books coming soon" begins to feel like an insult, even to those of us on the naughty list. If the book has been put on the back burner for awhile, then fine, but don't string everybody along. If you don't set a date for publication then it will never get done.

Your posting and whining is an insult. Nowhere does it say "Books coming soon". Your badgering was answered completely. Get a life. Everyone knows you are just anxious to try and pick the book apart.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Reading that post, it sure seemed to me that he was saying he still had to stage 373 photos and that part was going to be a big job.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I had a great conversation with Stan Shuffett yesterday! His new book on CTE Pro One is getting close to being finished. When this comes out, it will be a GOLDMINE of aiming information. As Stan says, this is the "FINAL CHAPTER" in CTE Pro One. I'm not sure how much the books are going to cost, but they will be available through Stan, and I will have them available at the Billiard Learning Center for my CTE Pro One Students. I plan to attend Stans first book signing, which will be in Oklahoma City (date not yet set). I AM ON PINS AND NEEDLES WAITING FOR THIS! It WILL be the most comprehensive book and explanation of CTE Pro One EVER released!

Pins and needles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy5K8ApSzhI

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Connie Shuffett

thank you for the info
i look forward to buying the book and learning from it
send regards to stan
larry

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pretty sad when someone is so obsessed and has gotten so butthurt over someone on here that they resort to stalking facebook profiles. And then all they come up with is second hand information, how stupid is that,lol.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again you prove exactly who you are, so sad.

Yes — it proves I’m a fan of Broadway.

Gail and I saw Rannells and Gad in the original production of “The Book of Mormon” a few years ago. The whole book thing reminded me of the opening number, lol. This spring we’re going to see Patty LuPone in the revival of “Company” and also see the revival of “West Side Story.” And, in the fall we already have tickets to see Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster in the revival of “The Music Man.”

Lou Figueroa
ya got trouble

Last edited:

rolagator

Registered

Connie Shuffett
that's great looking forward for the book

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes — it proves I’m a fan of Broadway.

Gail and I saw Rannells and Gad in the original production of “The Book of Mormon” a few years ago. The whole book thing reminded me of the opening number, lol. This spring we’re going to see Patty LuPone in the revival of “Company” and also see the revival of “West Side Story.” And, in the fall we already have tickets to see Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster in the revival of “The Music Man.”

Lou Figueroa
ya got trouble

Thinking more proof of you being a CTE TROLL.
But if you want to continue to live in your delusional world where i am on ignore, so be it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking more proof of you being a CTE TROLL.
But if you want to continue to live in your delusional world where i am on ignore, so be it.

You need to grow a sense of humor.

As to the Ignore thing: I let all the inmates out of my Ignore bin. (I alluded to that in the Main Forum a few months ago.) I came to learn that trying to ignore insulting comments from repeat offenders didn't accomplish what I had intended. So now, I see everyone's posts and if there is an ad hominem attack directed at moi I can (and will) report it to the administration.

Lou Figueroa
so be careful out there ;-)

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sad when someone is so obsessed and has gotten so butthurt over someone on here that they resort to stalking facebook profiles. And then all they come up with is second hand information, how stupid is that,lol.

cookie please try to keep up. Stan/Connie said if I wanted a book update then go to facebook. So, I went to facebook and there were no updates. The Bob Nunley comment did come up so I posted it here. Of course, I forgot to check the date of Bob's Post when he said "yesterday." Turns out Bob's post was nearly 3 years ago and according to Stan/Connie's latest post, he's no further along than he was 3 years ago.

Regarding some of the other comments, I wonder if Bob N. would have been so jazzed up over the book if Stan had told him at the time that NO progress would be made for the next 3 years. (No book signing date set just yet! says Bob).

Set a publication date and knock it out! That, or come clean and show a little respect for your supporters and give thema realistic idea of what is happening.

Just my opinion.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cookie please try to keep up. Stan/Connie said if I wanted a book update then go to facebook. So, I went to facebook and there were no updates. The Bob Nunley comment did come up so I posted it here. Of course, I forgot to check the date of Bob's Post when he said "yesterday." Turns out Bob's post was nearly 3 years ago and according to Stan/Connie's latest post, he's no further along than he was 3 years ago.

Regarding some of the other comments, I wonder if Bob N. would have been so jazzed up over the book if Stan had told him at the time that NO progress would be made for the next 3 years. (No book signing date set just yet! says Bob).

Set a publication date and knock it out! That, or come clean and show a little respect for your supporters and give thema realistic idea of what is happening.

Just my opinion.

It would take an outright fool to think that Stan’s project has been at a standstill for the past three years.

I have seen it firsthand. Writing a book of the magnitude that Stan has done is a big ordeal. If you haven’t done so, you can’t possibly comprehend the man hours that have been put in.

Mr. White, if you had set out to solve CTE and put forth a work like Stan is doing, it wouldn’t happen in 500 years because, frankly, you’re not smart enough visually to get it done.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would take an outright fool to think that Stan’s project has been at a standstill for the past three years.

I'm just reporting what I found, "Connie." You told me to go to facebook and get an update on the book. I went to Stan's fb site and found nothing. I looked around and found something from Bob Nunley.

Why would I be a fool for thinking the book has been at a standstill based on the following information?

April, 2017 Stan tells Bob Nunley the book is close to being finished and made it sound like the book release was imminent. Even picked out OK City for the book signing. That was about 2.75 years ago.

Sept, 2017 Stan replies to my post saying he's working on the illustrations and the diagrams but that otherwise the book is finished. That was about 2.25 years ago.

Yesterday, in Jan 2020, Stan said, again, the book is finished, and that he is (still) working on the (same) illustrations and diagrams.

Boy, how foolish of me to think not much has happened in the last 2.75 years based on what Stan has reported. And, yes, I wrote a training manual that was of a similar size and had dozens if not hundreds of photos inserted. That was back in the 90's when such things were primitive by today's standards. It didn't take 3 years. It didn't take more than a few weeks to insert graphics and check the formatting after all the changes. Are you doing all this on a computer or with Elmer's glue?