What's the one thread that you've ever regretted posting?

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever pressed that "submit reply" button and regretted doing so?:eek:
Have you ever pressed it, not knowing all the facts?:confused:
Have you acted out in emotion, absent of intellect and posted something that you now regret?:eek:

Well, then let this be the thread where you have a chance to apologize and clear your conscience.I'll get the ball(s) rolling and crack the rack wide open.

I've started 176 threads here and posted up 1336 times in total while being part of the AZ family.While I'm embarrased about a few, for the most part I've tried to be helpful, while not stepping on any one's toes (within the AZ family) in the process.

The one thread that I most regret starting is the Monkey Man Song thread.At times I feel sick to my stomach over it and regret it for these reasons:

1.Danny is part of the AZ family.
2.Danny played within the IPT rules.
3.Danny(although a good sport) and other AZ er's were offended by it.
4.Friends (valued) who used to reply to PM's and emails aren't anymore.
(that hurt's the most)

Anyone (locally) who knows me also knows that I am constantly writing humorous satires regarding politicians,political and local happenings, newspaper headline happenings etc etc.Like the Jay Leno's of the world I have my fun.

Posting about Danny and Archer however, was perhaps just a little to close to(AZ) home and I regret ever doing it.

I wrote that song because:

-I know I'm very capable(talent wise) of effectivley rhyming out an orginal song as to parody a true happening.

-I thought it would make some people laugh

I also wrote it out because:

In a SELFISH way I crave that recognition and wanted YOUR attention.

In summary:
I talked to two local pros on the phone today and asked them about Danny Harriman.Both of them said that he is a very nice guy and a great player.

I've took the focus off of the above things that Danny should be known for and labelled him, "The Monkey Man"

I gained some compliments and rep points from those in my corner,however,it was at Danny's expense.While I was very pleased by the many who stepped up to defend me (when the wolfpack was attacking),I still have to admit, I WAS WRONG.Thanks to those much cherished AZ friends who were in my corner when the going got tough.Having said that,I need to use my God given talents in a different, more positive way.

In closing:
I regret making that Monkey man song post and have since removed it.I did it because I was PRIMARILY attention seeking and SELFISHLY didn't consider Danny's feelings in the process.To all the AZ er's effected and to Mr Harriman, I am truley sorry.

RJ

ps. I'll stick by for a few days to face the music.

After that,I am going on a self imposed one month ban from AZ and won't be reading or responding to this thread until I get back.Feel free to flame me,because I deserve it.

I need to chill to my obssesive/compulsive internet forum addiction and work on my game.:p

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
[...]

[...]
Posting about Danny and Archer however, was perhaps just a little to close to(AZ) home and I regret ever doing it.

[...]

Hey, chill a bit RJ

It's clear you regret doing it. It's not a deal in the scheme of things. I suspect the vast majority of people who've paid any attention at all harbor no bad feelings.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I posted that I played Frank Tabeerski in 1967 in my dads poolroom on Long Island. I still can't think of the real players name that ran 125 and out on me. These golden years ain't what thier cracked up tp be. Johnnyt:D

Last edited:

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RJ:

One of mine would have to be any post asking questions about the bay state invitational tour. Not that it was a mistake, but just not worth my time and energy to ask intellegent questions and then get blown off by them and get a negative rep point...

2nd of mine would be trying to apologize to someone who asked for 1. then sends me an email thanking me for doing it then sending another threatening me over it. Just not worth my time and effort i guess.

3rd would have to be any more that i post. Just tired of the arguing and bickering and such. Yes i have been a part of it in the past. And i am sorry about it. but no more. Just to much on my plate to keep up with all the posts and after the Open i will probably call it quits for quite a while and focus on what is going on here..........mike

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
RJ,

You taking it to much to heart, we all love you, and know that you didn't mean any harm. Please stop being so upset over it, it's all over, we all understand, so let's put it to bed now!

To answer the question about your thread, YES, I have regretted several times I have said something stupid or inappropriate. Sometimes (depending on what time of the month it is :rolleyes: ) I tend to be a bit more defensive or aggressive than usual. How about that, can you imagine! lol! :D But that's life and humans make many mistakes. Grin and bare it, life goes on!

Hugs,

Eydie

straybullet

Legend
Silver Member
For me it would have to be the thread where I got into it with JAM. It was a stupid thread about a football player wearing a Hustlin Gear baseball cap - was it pool related or not pool related - it got stupid - I got stupid - and by the end everybody was ready to burn me at the stake. In retrospect I should have just logged off instead of posting my responses. You live, you learn.

;) ;) ;)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
After that,I am going on a self imposed one month ban from AZ and won't be reading or responding to this thread until I get back.Feel free to flame me,because I deserve it.

I need to chill to my obssesive/compulsive internet forum addiction and work on my game.:p

RJ, this is absurd. You're one of our best posters on the forum. You posted something you regretted, and have now apologized for it with sincerity and humility.

How about a self-imposed one day ban? This really is a very minor infraction and your remorse is, without question, a mitigating factor. We know you won't make the same mistake again.

Stay here among your friends.

Sincerely, SJM

djkx1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey man, I enjoy your posts. If you need to work on your game, that's great. Just don't leave for too long. There are too few Canadians around here as it is.:)

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I regretted posting the thread on Bank Pool. I could never have imagined what that turned out to be. I am even afraid to mention it.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
I regret making the "Dance, Monkey, Dance" comment that made me so unpopular here. I am very opinionated, and sometimes I write something while very emotional, and a lot of the time, it turns out bad.

Sometimes I feel my only buddy here is Linda. But, Linda is EVERYone's buddy.

Russ

i made one post, a response, and revealed some personal information about a friend. It cost me dearly.

We live and learn from our mistakes. The consequenses are ours ALONE to suffer.

RJ, i won't pass judgement on your post, simply because of the level of your contrition, but i will say that i would never have posted that myself.

Your self imposed ban smacks of needless self pity/flagellation. It is unnecessary considering your genuine (imo) apology. If i was in your shoes, though, i would forward your post to danny himself. Again, that's just me.

rg

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NYC cue dude said:
i made one post, a response, and revealed some personal information about a friend. It cost me dearly.

RJ, i won't pass judgement on your post, simply because of the level of your contrition, but i will say that i would never have posted that myself.

Your self imposed ban smacks of needless self pity/flagellation. It is unnecessary considering your genuine (imo) apology. If i was in your shoes, though, i would forward your post to danny himself. Again, that's just me.

rg

rg:::: good sound advice....tap tap tap...................mike

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
Yeah, as I look back, I think I probably make too many smart ass replies. Nothing serious, just me being a smart ass. I have been trying not to do that as much lately...

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time I've mentioned a cuemaker who sells his cues in Japan it's turned ugly and personal. I consider this man a friend and will never mention his name again.:eek: Also I've lost every vbuck I've ever had by betting on a pro whom I consider a friend and will stop doing so. Hopefully this will have a twofold effect : This player will win the Open this year and I'll keep my v bucks to bet on his opponent thereby assuring his victory. Go Troy I'm betting against you now.:D

Andy
A semi serious post

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NYC cue dude said:

rg

Thanks NYC,

I sent Danny a PM the same time I started this thread.

Other than that I've spent many a work night posting here and then went to work extremley burnt out because of a lack of sleep.I was thinking of taking a break from the internet anyways.

Having said that, you and others are right about one being to hard on himself.Thanks
RJ

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Society says I should regret some things but for some reason I don't

The one thing I have learned about AZbilliards and the western civilization is that people tend to forget easily and move on to flaming about other stuff.

So don't ever ever ever shy away from posting something you may regret. You can't learn if you don't ask. And you can't be corrected if you don't tell. Not to mention you are on the Internet and it is very unlikely anyone on here will ever know for sure who you are. I believe only 2 people on here know me personally. 1 of them introduced me to this site. The other discovered me at the pool hall. Other than that I could probably cuss out someone I know is from Atlanta and even plays at MrCues2 then see them at the pool hall and shoot the breeze with them. Just for us to go home and yell at each other on the computer again.

You are anonymous on the computer and take advantage of it.

Dhakala

Banned
recoveryjones said:
Have you acted out in emotion, absent of intellect and posted something that you now regret?:eek:

Yep. Wound up married for five long years.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:

Well, then let this be the thread where you have a chance to apologize and clear your conscience.I'll get the ball(s) rolling and crack the rack wide open.

I've started 176 threads here and posted up 1336 times in total while being part of the AZ family.While I'm embarrased about a few, for the most part I've tried to be helpful, while not stepping on any one's toes (within the AZ family) in the process.

The one thread that I most regret starting is the Monkey Man Song thread.At times I feel sick to my stomach over it and regret it for these reasons:

1.Danny is part of the AZ family.
2.Danny played within the IPT rules.
3.Danny(although a good sport) and other AZ er's were offended by it.
4.Friends (valued) who used to reply to PM's and emails aren't anymore.
(that hurt's the most)

Anyone (locally) who knows me also knows that I am constantly writing humorous satires regarding politicians,political and local happenings, newspaper headline happenings etc etc.Like the Jay Leno's of the world I have my fun.

I wrote that song because:

-I know I'm very capable(talent wise) of effectivley rhyming out an orginal song as to parody a true happening.

-I thought it would make some people laugh

I also wrote it out because:

In a SELFISH way I crave that recognition and wanted YOUR attention.

In summary:
I talked to two local pros on the phone today and asked them about Danny Harriman.Both of them said that he is a very nice guy and a great player.

I've took the focus off of the above things that Danny should be known for and labelled him, "The Monkey Man"

I gained some compliments and rep points from those in my corner,however,it was at Danny's expense.While I was very pleased by the many who stepped up to defend me (when the wolfpack was attacking),I still have to admit, I WAS WRONG.Thanks to those much cherished AZ friends who were in my corner when the going got tough.Having said that,I need to use my God given talents in a different, more positive way.

In closing:
I regret making that Monkey man song post and have since removed it.I did it because I was PRIMARILY attention seeking and SELFISHLY didn't consider Danny's feelings in the process.To all the AZ er's effected and to Mr Harriman, I am truley sorry.

RJ

ps. I'll stick by for a few days to face the music.

You should have no regrets about that thread. You were doing it in jest, it was competely comedy. Danny took it seriously, and so did a bunch of other people who kiss Danny's ass just because he posts here. The majority of intelligent posters here knew that it was just a joke, trying to add humor to the silly situation between Harriman and Archer. You had absoloutely no intent of insulting anyone. Danny should have realized that, and so should have everyone else who got "offended" (which I believe is bullshit, you are just a bunch of ass kissers). Listen Recovery Jones, you are one of the best and most respected posters on this entire website. You meant well, and that's all that matters. If people still don't realize that you meant well, all I can say is F*** 'em!

matthew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Al Gore seems like an interesting guy. There's the one post I regret.

In all seriousness, we all say things we regret. I'm not sure what you said should be apart of that. It didn't especially bother me, but that's up to you. It (regret) is apart of being human. Regrets are apart of life - so is forgiveness. What's important, is that you come away from it a better person.

Last edited: