Tracking my progress

sifu

Registered
Looking for tips for tracking my progress. I'm not finding many tools already out there for this. That leaves me trying to think of ways to make a spreadsheet do some cool, but, difficult or time consuming things.

My current thinking is that I will work on several different games I can score:
Equal Offense
6 Ball Ghost
Fargo
Bowliards

For each game, I'd like to be able to separately track:
Average and or total of last 10, including the previous day, if necessary to get 10
Score and date of my best 10 consecutive
Changes weekly or monthly
Changes compared to the same time last year

I think this is all possible in Excel, although it may require VB Script for some of it. If I have to make this myself, I'm going to be working on Excel and possibly VB Script as much as I'm practicing for the next month, lol.

Any suggestions on tools or websites for this?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like equal offense. One fun thing to do is when you miss a ball don't re-rack but continue with kicks to work on your kicking game. A successful multiple rail kick counts as a made ball and you remove the ball from the table. Successful one rail kick ball stays up and you continue.

Good way to work on offense and defense at the same time.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I starteted keeping track of my Equal Offense progress last month using Apple’s version of Excel called ‘Numbers’. Nothing fancy about it, but I’m keeping a running average. Mine is attached.

Can’t think of any online tools to help keep track of your progress.

Attachments

• 30C0BF33-421F-4D6D-BA91-3A8930CA655A.jpg
    30C0BF33-421F-4D6D-BA91-3A8930CA655A.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 224

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Looking for tips for tracking my progress. I'm not finding many tools already out there for this. That leaves me trying to think of ways to make a spreadsheet do some cool, but, difficult or time consuming things.

My current thinking is that I will work on several different games I can score:
Equal Offense
6 Ball Ghost
Fargo
Bowliards

For each game, I'd like to be able to separately track:
Average and or total of last 10, including the previous day, if necessary to get 10
Score and date of my best 10 consecutive
Changes weekly or monthly
Changes compared to the same time last year

I think this is all possible in Excel, although it may require VB Script for some of it. If I have to make this myself, I'm going to be working on Excel and possibly VB Script as much as I'm practicing for the next month, lol.

Any suggestions on tools or websites for this?

Excel can't handle all of this efficiently. Virtual Basic will do a better job given your data analysis requirements being so substantial.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I starteted keeping track of my Equal Offense progress last month using Apple’s version of Excel called ‘Numbers’. Nothing fancy about it, but I’m keeping a running average. Mine is attached.

Can’t think of any online tools to help keep track of your progress.

I see your highest score in an inning is 15. Are you aware the highest possible is 20?

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see your highest score in an inning is 15. Are you aware the highest possible is 20?

Going to 20 is the tournament/pro version of EO, but for my level in a pratice scenario they say clearing the table of all 15 is sufficient. Currently I’m at the 3 misses per inning level, and I need to average 120 over 10 innings to graduate to 2 misses.

Scoring 15 plus the five extra balls using the 14.1 break shot is above my skill level for the foreseeable future.

I’m really not that good. I can sink balls, but my grasp of cue ball behavior and pattern/position play needs some work.