are apa.rule haters pansies ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the thread title is some what controversial :D

I was reading the thread complaining about no push out in apa and someone made a remark about push outs out for pansies . It got me to thinking about spa haters remarks about the rules.

I have read many remarks about penalized....punished...slop.etc...etc.

Lets start with the push out rule. You make a ball in the break but can't get on the next ball. You complain you are penalized by the rule. I guess that that complaint could be construed as being a pansy.

No jump cues. You make a ball but get out of position. You complain about not being able to use a jump cue to make it easier to jump. I guess whining about being punished for getting out of position could be construed as being a pansy.

Slop. I got a news flash for you. I can't stand slop either. I kinda expect slop from lower levels and adopted the mentality I am spotting them those slop shots just like a serious player spots a lesser player a few ball in a gambling match. I guess when a person complaining about spotting a lower player a few slop shots could be construed as a pansy.

We all pretty much agree most apa rules make it harder to run out...or continue your inning . I guess if you complain the rules oughta be different so it would be easier for you to run out it could be construed as being a pansy.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Why are you posting? You should be out making plans for Las Vegas.

I think that whole pansy thing is is kind of like someone telling me "Oh, I gave you that one".
You can complain about all the spa rules you want but being able to control the ball on the break or not to have to be put in a
position to have jump or kick that's about playing good pool. And if you have to jump kick or make a ridiculous shot from no
shape well then I guess we can gauge your metal as a player. Most of you golf (I never have), tell me, is there a push in golf?
do you have a special "jump" club? Why can't you just play it where it lies?

If you tell me you gave it to me, I tell you that you played to poorly to win and I was in a position to take advantage of your mistake.
If you should have won, then clearly you would have.

If you can't control the ball on the break that's your fault, if you have to jump or kick, that's your fault.
Don't whine about the rules in the spa, or about the handicaps or the system, just play.

If APA rules make it too level for you, then maybe the APA isn't for you, it ain't for everyone, you know

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think that whole pansy thing is is kind of like someone telling me "Oh, I gave you that one".
You can complain about all the spa rules you want but being able to control the ball on the break or not to have to be put in a
position to have jump or kick that's about playing good pool. And if you have to jump kick or make a ridiculous shot from no
shape well then I guess we can gauge your metal as a player. Most of you golf (I never have), tell me, is there a push in golf?

If you tell me you gave it to me, I tell you that you played to poorly to win and I was in a position to take advantage of your mistake.

If you can't control the ball on the break that's your fault, if you have to jump or kick, that's your fault.
Don't whine about the rules in the spa, or about the handicaps or the system, just play.

If APA rules make it too level for you, then maybe the APA isn't for you, it ain't for everyone, you know

We lost in the 1st round but I did my part ...cant help it if one of my team mates who is a 4 Los to another 4 by 16-4 .

Have 6 hours to kill until my next match so I thought I would keep myself occupied on here for a while. :smile:

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Golf if you shoot your ball into the water its a hazard, your not going to go into the water and play it from there, it gets spotted so yea you can say you get a push in Golf.

As far as ( Jump Club ) well there are certain Clubs for certain shots like a sand wedge club used for playing your ball out of a sand trap. I don't even play or watch Golf for that matter.

That is why its very important to know the Rules what ever tournament you play in . The person that started the other thread about the APA rule tournament should of done the same.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Push outs are for pansies. The break is a shot just like any other one. If you hook yourself or don't get great position on the one or lowest ball then you need to be practicing your break a little more.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Push outs are for pansies. The break is a shot just like any other one. If you hook yourself or don't get great position on the one or lowest ball then you need to be practicing your break a little more.

The push out after the break is 100% skill, Allen.
...if you can make a ball on the break AND play position, we may have to check your DNA....
....you're either from an alien planet....or you're pattern racking. :)

pt....plays like an uncultivated weed

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw....the push out rule does not affect my game one bit. I broke 6 times in my match this morning and never made a ball.:(

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Btw....the push out rule does not affect my game one bit. I broke 6 times in my match this morning and never made a ball.:(

Sounds to me like you need to work on your break. I'll be coming to Memphis soon. I'll show you how it's done. I won't even charge you. Just let me buy you a beer or three and I'll get the table time too.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds to me like you need to work on your break. I'll be coming to Memphis soon. I'll show you how it's done. I won't even charge you. Just let me buy you a beer or three and I'll get the table time too.

Sounds good to me :thumbup:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
...if you can make a ball on the break AND play position, we may have to check your DNA....

Seems to me the break requires skill, the push is what you have to resort to if you don't have the skill to break. It's ok, not everybody does. How often do you have to resort to using a push, especially against a player that is no where near your equal

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
In Golf if you shoot your ball into the water its a hazard, your not going to go into the water and play it from there, it gets spotted so yea you can say you get a push in Golf.

As far as ( Jump Club ) well there are certain Clubs for certain shots like a sand wedge club used for playing your ball out of a sand trap. I don't even play or watch Golf for that matter.

That is why its very important to know the Rules what ever tournament you play in . The person that started the other thread about the APA rule tournament should of done the same.

Like said, I don't golf, but let me see if I understand - in golf there is a push. So if you hit into the water or the beach, you can put the ball in another position then pass that on to the other player?

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not pass it on to another player, each player has a separate golf ball. If you hit the ball into the water you won't hack away at the ball while its under water. It will get spotted outside the water to a playable area but it counts like a foul it will affect your score in a negative way. If it lands in the beach sand i would think its playable since you can approach the ball and play it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I am curious, what does SPA stand for? I thought it might be a typo, but I do not know. Thanks.

And good point about the APA making it more difficult for a good player to run out (with the no jump cues and no push out rules).

We lost in the 1st round but I did my part ...cant help it if one of my team mates who is a 4 Los to another 4 by 16-4 .

Have 6 hours to kill until my next match so I thought I would keep myself occupied on here for a while. :smile:

So a 4 only goes to 16 points in 9 ball? I can understand how that match could have easily gone the other way, and your team mate could have won 16-4.

PocketPooler

Silver Member
There is a GREAT deal of skill in pushing out as well as the break. Its like the bar bangers who refuse playing safe. They dont understand it or how to effectively do it. Same goes for push outs.

Yeah, the tournament did not have a meeting to explain to everyone the rules (I guess because everyone but me already knew the rules, because I was a 1st timer, and did not know they were playing APA rules). So, that is why I was not aware about there not being a push out after the break (because even if I knew they were playing APA, I did not know the rules of APA 9 ball). I played 1 season way back in 2002, and I do not remember what the rules were back then.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious, what does SPA stand for? I thought it might be a typo, but I do not know. Thanks.

And good point about the APA making it more difficult for a good player to run out (with the no jump cues and no push out rules).

Spa was a typo...in my case it could stand for shitty phone aptitude

Shane Van Boening probably practices his break more then any other pool player in the world, and I imagine that he still uses the "push out" at times. Would not be calling him or any other pro a pansy. The push out is a skill that needs to be learned, and mastered (if you are going to play tournaments, because most tournaments do not play APA rules).

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I do not watch enough pro pool (9 ball or 10 ball) to know the % of how often the pro's get good shape on the 1 (or the next ball in line) after the break, but I am guessing that even SVB might only get good shape after the break, not more then 50% of the time. Just a guess though.