What's the worst thing you've done to your cue?

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was having problems with the pin being too tight in an antique cue. So I rubbed some wax on it, screwed it in, smiled at my success...and then stuck the end of the shaft into my ceiling fan.

That's the worst I've done (amazingly, no noticeable damage). Surely someone can one-up me.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
A few years ago i didnt have such a good attitude. I lost a hill-hill match in a fairly large tournament to get into the money. Walked out into the parking lot and smashed my cue in the parking lot. It was in about 300 pieces before i was done. Thank goodness that side of me is dead.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Let some know name guy work on it! You get what you pay for!

Should have driven to the experts! Live and learn.

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right. I should have mailed it to a professional so that he could have rubbed wax on the pin and mailed it back. Stupid me.

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wasn't me that did it but...
I sold a Huebler H1 (vertical logo) to a local player once. The next time about a week later when I saw him, he was still using his regular cue. I asked him why he didn't have the one I sold him. He took it home just after he bought it from me. He left it leaned up in the corner for the time. He left and came back later to find his dog had chewed it all up! He had never hit a ball with it after he'd bought it from me!
I think I sold it to him for $75.

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was talking about the mistake he made. Wasn't aimed towards you.

My bad. Wow, I thought I had given up defensive internet thinking, but there I went again. :(

Regarding shattering your cue, you are not the first. I once owned Ted Williams' playing cue. I got it cheap because he had broken it in half just below the joint.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was having problems with the pin being too tight in an antique cue. So I rubbed some wax on it, screwed it in, smiled at my success...and then stuck the end of the shaft into my ceiling fan.

That's the worst I've done (amazingly, no noticeable damage). Surely someone can one-up me.

I did the ceiling fan thing. Same result. Actually damaged the ceiling fan.

Another time I won a great match. This was back in the early 90's. Really played well. I was so excited I threw my fists in the air...with my cue in my hand. The ceiling right above me had an open steel I beam. Yup. Swung the cue right into it. The beam proved to be harder than the shaft. I put one helluva ding in that shaft...really more of a crease...with terribly broken grain. Thankfully that day I had decided not to take my Joss. I was playing with my McDermott because it was kind of a rough bar and I was worried there would be a problem and something might happen to my cue. Little did I know I would be the problem.

Live and learn.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I may have been off by a thousandth of an inch (.001) in finishing a tip diameter. But honestly, I don't remember it.

All the best,
WW

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did the ceiling fan thing. Same result. Actually damaged the ceiling fan.

Another time I won a great match. This was back in the early 90's. Really played well. I was so excited I threw my fists in the air...with my cue in my hand. The ceiling right above me had an open steel I beam. Yup. Swung the cue right into it. The beam proved to be harder than the shaft. I put one helluva ding in that shaft...really more of a crease...with terribly broken grain. Thankfully that day I had decided not to take my Joss. I was playing with my McDermott because it was kind of a rough bar and I was worried there would be a problem and something might happen to my cue. Little did I know I would be the problem.

Live and learn.

NOT a good idea to celebrate like that in a rough bar- unless you could back it up physically- be glad it was just your shaft that was broken!

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I am sure you are mistaken. It could not have been so much.

I think you're right. May have been a ten thousandth of an inch, if any.

How are you doing? Irma is making a bit of a left turn, according to the experts.

All the best,
WW

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Called her a b!tch.

She still hasn't forgiven me.

My cue is called 'The B!tch' :thumbup:
626e1cb970ca0fe2d9111417aa1c2ff3--movie-cars-tv-movie.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have often questioned my cues' allegiance, cursed its apparent lack of it, and then sometimes smashed em.

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pre cat 314

I pulled out a cue that I had put away because I didn't want bad stuff to happen to it. It was a Pechauer that looks alot like the wild thing but is slightly different and I had a pre cat 314 that played about perfectly. They had been in storage for about 10 years at the time and I was looking through my cues and decided to take it to the bar and play a little. I pulled the butt out of my case at the bar and screwed it into the shaft pulled them out and stuck them straight into the ceiling fan. The cue flipped out of my hand hit the floor and smashed the ferrule to pieces off the shaft on the tile floor and if you look closely at the butt you can now see the edges of the inlays. I should have never left the house... That is one of my only regrets in my life so I guess I'm pretty lucky.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I let a hotheaded asshole use my Adam Balabushka (Japan made) and after he missed an easy shot, he slammed it down onto his tile floor and shattered the end cap.

I've forgiven him, though. He paid for the replacement, and I bought him a Mezz EC-7C not long afterwards. He also worked on his temper.

(I was the asshole in question.)

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Years ago.... Winter.... After pool league and a couple beers I went home to find my cue wasn't in the car.

I left the bar and my keys were in my jacket pocket. It was snowing and after fumbling I dropped my keys.
Feeling around in the snow in the dark I put my case on the car.. I found my keys and then brushed snow.

Yep... I drove off with my cue still on the roof. Drove back but I couldn't find it. I went in the bar and asked.
There it was. Someone found my case in the road, but it was beat up.. I opened the case to find firewood.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing pool for over 50 years and I have never intentionally done anything to harm my cue (i.e., banging it on the table, throwing it, slamming it on the floor, etc.) but I have accidentally dropped it a couple times.

I baby my cues and pay close attention to them when it comes to sitting them around the pool room. I always put it somewhere that it isn't likely to be knocked over and I also have someone watch it if I go to the restroom. If I don't know anyone in the room, I take it to the restroom with me.

All of my cues are in almost perfect condition and some of them are as old as I am.