Big Tournaments with Brunswick GCs?

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious.....all of the big tournaments nowadays seem to be played on Diamond or Rasson tables. Are there any "invitational" or championship" tournaments that still use Gold Crowns?

Side note...remember the days when you'd see TV matches on other brands like Olhausen, Connelly, or AMF? I even remember the early Challenge of Champions tournaments played on a World of Leisure fake marble-looking table!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious.....all of the big tournaments nowadays seem to be played on Diamond or Rasson tables. Are there any "invitational" or championship" tournaments that still use Gold Crowns?

Side note...remember the days when you'd see TV matches on other brands like Olhausen, Connelly, or AMF? I even remember the early Challenge of Champions tournaments played on a World of Leisure fake marble-looking table!
About the only place you see GC's anymore are in the bigger Japanese events. B'wick hasn't been involved in big-time pro pool for yrs. With all the ownership changes i don't see that changing anytime soon. Diamond and Rasson are the players now.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
TX Open 9 and 10 ball events are played on GC's. Thats about the only "big" events i know of.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, Japan open. New GC6, and they play amazingly well on the video. Do a youtube search for Japan Open and you will see them in action from last year.