Home Pool Room Build - 9' Diamond Professional

Empty403

Registered
May 10, 2020 - Placed an order for a Diamond Table and a Littman 7" Light. Immediately planned the table and light location by getting the table dimensions from the Diamond website.

64987536-A316-47D0-8FA2-14AFD9D4C819.jpeg

Empty403

Registered
9ft. It doesn't look like it but it’s about 6ft from the edge of the table’s playing surface to the wall.

Last edited:

Empty403

Registered
July 11, 2020: Wired in a switch and fan box for the Littman light. Centered the fan box within the 4 can lights. Added 4 cross braces for the light - I wanted the look of 4 cables supporting the light instead of 2 cables. I also changed out the black power cable for a white one.

IMG_3781.jpg

Empty403

Registered
August 3, 2020: Installed the Wall Cue Rack. It was centered with the pool table so it's not centered on the wall.

IMG_3849.jpg

Empty403

Registered
August 6, 2020: I still need to replace the temporary adjustable 1/16" coated cables with permanent 1/8" stainless steel cables with turn buckles.

IMG_3848.jpg

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Afraid to put the foot of the table in front of the slider? :lol::thumbup2:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Afraid to put the foot of the table in front of the slider? :lol::thumbup2:
As soon as possible, replace the director chairs with high-seated professional-quality spectator/player chairs (as many as you can afford). You and your guests will enjoy the experience infinitely more . . . especially for long playing sessions.

And think about some permanent shelf/mount/setup for taping plenty of practice and playing sessions that will give you and playing partners or interested family members objective and very valuable feedback.

Helpfully intended, based on decades of wonderful experience with a pre-retirement 9-foot Diamond home table back East. I often think of the memorable home-table quote by everyone's beloved, now-departed, pool writer, George Fels: "Nothing beats the carefree joy of running racks of your favorite pool game at 2 o'clock in the morning . . . playing in your underwear!"

Arnaldo :smile:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful looking room - That light looks awesome! Does it light up the entire table surface as much as it looks like it does in the photo?

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. Buying a Diamond is well worth the investment, you won’t have any regrets

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, you got the Professional instead of the Pro-Am. I personally like the Professional way better. Nice choice:)

Empty403

Registered
As soon as possible, replace the director chairs with high-seated professional-quality spectator/player chairs (as many as you can afford). You and your guests will enjoy the experience infinitely more . . . especially for long playing sessions.

And think about some permanent shelf/mount/setup for taping plenty of practice and playing sessions that will give you and playing partners or interested family members objective and very valuable feedback.

Helpfully intended, based on decades of wonderful experience with a pre-retirement 9-foot Diamond home table back East. I often think of the memorable home-table quote by everyone's beloved, now-departed, pool writer, George Fels: "Nothing beats the carefree joy of running racks of your favorite pool game at 2 o'clock in the morning . . . playing in your underwear!"

Arnaldo :smile:

Thanks for the tips. I actually do want the Diamond spectator chairs but my wife doesn’t like the look of them and they’re pricey. These director chairs are actually the same height as the Diamond chairs so they’ll have to do for now.
As for Video recording, I was planning on strapping a camera right in the middle of the light.

Empty403

Registered
Beautiful looking room - That light looks awesome! Does it light up the entire table surface as much as it looks like it does in the photo?

Yes, we have been playing with only the Littman light being the only light on. The picture shows a hot spot in the center area but it doesn’t look like that. Currently the bottom of the light is about 43.5” above the playing surface. I will be lowering the light by about 2-3”.