Tim Scruggs Windows and Barbells

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I had Tim do this one in 1999. This has the windows with veneers style that Tim did quite often with Dan Janes of Joss in the late 60s and early 70s. My understanding is that Joss had jigs set up for this design when they did it decades ago. According to Tim, he had to do every piece by hand in 1999. I'm surprised we don't see more of this style now, as I think it's one of the more striking.

Attachments

• DSCN0306.jpg
    DSCN0306.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 806
  • DSCN0311.jpg
    DSCN0311.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 807
  • DSCN0319.jpg
    DSCN0319.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 794
  • DSCN0314.jpg
    DSCN0314.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 801

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Ummm...I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm pretty sure that this is my utmost favorite Scruggs I've ever seen!!! Wow! Thanks for sharing pics of this beauty!!!

Jason

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue. Nice to see the old work come through. A lot of his earliest works resembled the work out of the Janes shop where he worked, as you said, he first did it there working for JOSS.

Absolutely stunning cue, and a tribute to earlier works.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue. Nice to see the old work come through. A lot of his earliest works resembled the work out of the Janes shop where he worked, as you said, he first did it there working for JOSS.

I prefer the older stuff too.

ken

fourkingscues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great cue ,,i love that joint and pin,,,let me know if you like to sell it,,

BR
Ken

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

Thank you. I had a feeling a 70s Joss afficianado would like this design. :)

hookmehorns

Lizard King
Silver Member
Wow! I'm with the rest of the panel. Beautiful, workmanship at it's best and classy.

Thank you so kindly for sharing this piece of art and history.:thumbup:

Regards,
Mo

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to thank you for posting pics of this awesome cue. It is "old school" stunning.

Dave

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How can it be a tribute to himself?

This tribute thing is when someone else did it. He just hand built the thing.
Loving it!
Nick :)

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congratulations

That is one really, really, nice cue! It is so well detailed.

Please enjoy!
Phil

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
That is a wonderful throwback design, and looks to be flawlessly executed. Thanks for sharing a stunning cue.

Braden

fourkingscues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO problem ,,give me first cracks if you like to sell it one day,,yes i love that pin and joint combo my favorite,,,enjoy the cue,,

Happy Holidays
Little Kenny

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has to rank up there as one of my favorites coming out of Tim's shop. Good call on the designs...very "old school".

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I had Tim do this one in 1999. This has the windows with veneers style that Tim did quite often with Dan Janes of Joss in the late 60s and early 70s. My understanding is that Joss had jigs set up for this design when they did it decades ago. According to Tim, he had to do every piece by hand in 1999. I'm surprised we don't see more of this style now, as I think it's one of the more striking.

I love the classic look of this cue. Thanks for posting the great pictures.

Kevin