Predator history?

str88shooter

Registered
Predator First Edition info and history

Let's keep this thread going... One thing that I am interested in is any history or information about First Edition Predators...In the middle of the 1990's while spending time in Jacksonville Fla I came across 4 cues at a good price. They were 1st Edition predators - the first I had ever seen. Wish I had them back and I have been interested in First Editions ever since... For some reason its hard to find any definative info about them even from Predator. Anyone care to share some 1st Edition history? Thanks...

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've emailed them for multiple issues and got a response every time. The only time I was disappointed was a jump shaft I broke (my fault) and they don't sell replacement shafts for the air2. It all worked out because I bought a $60 fury jump cue which out performs the air 2 all day.

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just some interesting info that I came across in my visits to Dufferin and Falcon. Dufferin was approached to build the original Predators and turned them down. Falcon made the butts from scratch but the shaft came in from someplace other than Falcon. They were rough and about an inch in diameter. Falcon turned them down and matched them to a butt. They then sent them to Predator with out the hole in the shaft or the ferrule installed. This was done at the Predator location in Florida.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just some interesting info that I came across in my visits to Dufferin and Falcon. Dufferin was approached to build the original Predators and turned them down. Falcon made the butts from scratch but the shaft came in from someplace other than Falcon. They were rough and about an inch in diameter. Falcon turned them down and matched them to a butt. They then sent them to Predator with out the hole in the shaft or the ferrule installed. This was done at the Predator location in Florida.

Dufferin was approached not with just producing the shafts but also financing the whole
venture.

I had a dozen of the first issue.....6 and 12 piece shafts...one inch ferrules...
...wish I still had them.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's keep this thread going... One thing that I am interested in is any history or information about First Edition Predators...In the middle of the 1990's while spending time in Jacksonville Fla I came across 4 cues at a good price. They were 1st Edition predators - the first I had ever seen. Wish I had them back and I have been interested in First Editions ever since... For some reason its hard to find any definative info about them even from Predator. Anyone care to share some 1st Edition history? Thanks...

The first edition Predator cues were marked 1st Edition when that particular model was first produced. .....From years ago the story was...they marked the first 30-50 cues made in that model 1st Edition.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have several Predator 314 pre cat shafts. I have some that have a 3/4" ferrule. Were mine special order or something? I am not the original owner. Thank you in advance