Valley bar box disassemble question

bogey54311

"cheese"
Silver Member
Valley bar box.

Question.

Can you take legs off, turn "box" sideways and slide/fit it through a traditional sized doorway?

Thanks in advance.

-Bogey

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes you can, the easy way to move one is remove the rails and take the slate out. Then remove the legs, take the box to a truck . Put one end on the tail gate and the other on the ground and set the slate back in. Two guy's pick up the back and slide it in the bed, then load the rest of the hardware. Reverse at your new location.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. The Valley we picked up for the local American Legion was brought back on a snowmobile trailer. We had access to a pool table cart so the move into the building we easy.

We (4 of us) put the table on its side, on the cart, and wheeled it in. I recommended 4 guys if you dont want to drop your nuts into your shoes. Yes.... can be done with 2, but at 53 years old, I wouldn't try it.

As mentioned above, If you pull the side trim off, you can take off rails and remove slate. But i feel that the slate is in more danger of being broken. Its heavier, but the slate is safer if left in the cabnet.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When my 8' Valley Panther was delivered last year from Valley, it was on its side, assembled except for the legs. Two men rolled the table on a special dolly from the truck to my pool room behind my house. The legs were attached while on its side and it was slowly lowered into place.

JC

Coos Cues
We built a couple dollys out of wood with wheels from harbor freight and move these tables all the time with 2 men without straining a nut in the slightest.

Taking the slate out is the foolish way to do it and you risk breaking it. And you have to carry it.

We picked up a couple one time from a bar in Portland and the old geezer there was giving us instructions on taking the slate out. He finally gave up in disgust thinking we were too stupid to help.

You should have seen the look on his face when we tipped them on the dolly and strolled out to the trailer with them.