Why would a Scammer choose the Billiard Industry as a way to scam people?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin or not. I can't help but think of the many years the "world's foremost table mechanic" scammed table owners and then was defended right here.

You think he's not still slithering around? Or another Jackpot special offer? Little hustlers and big hustlers out for their score. Only a few make it to fifty pages or more.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
It was due to a really crazy roll test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ayY36YtFpA

Jim Baxter is a good, and honest guy.

Seeing as you're such a DZ cue fan, you should have checked out his video for how to check straightness in a cue. Hint: rolling it on the table won't work. If it does, ALL Schulers and SW cues are warped. If the butt has a compound taper, rolling on a flat surface is useless.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post is to all of you Scammers out there.

You should know that if you scam a person in the pool community, then you might not want to risk ever showing your face in a pool hall ever again.

In this day and age, most people have facebook, or there might be other ways to easily find out what a Scammer looks like, so that Scammer might not ever want to show their face in any pool hall again.

So, it just makes me wonder, why would anyone choose the Billiard Industry as a way to try to scam a pool player out of their money?

The Billiard industry is pretty small compared to most other industries, like Cell phones for example, right?

Scammers should just try to go into some other scam business, to try to do their scamming, and leave the pool players alone.

Remember in the movie, The Hustler, Eddie was told that he could never show his face in any big time pool room again, and that was way back in the 60's. Today, with Social Media, if you scam someone out of their money, or in any other way, and you get outed on a big social media billiard group, like this one, then it would be very risky to ever show your face in a public pool hall again, and the Scammers should know this.
Justin, is that you again????

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I'm betting the cue will shoot straighter than you will. People spend too much time rolling cues and not enough on how to use them

Aint that the truth!!!! My cue doesnt roll perfect when I add my 3" mid extension, the solution??? Quit rolling it on the table, problem solved.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Justin, I see you are banned again. Dude, if you make a new account, don't link to your justin b youtube channel in your first hand full of posts, come on, are you really that dense?

Dude missed his calling as a rocket scientist apparently.

I report him as soon as I'm sure it's him. He wants "law and order", just not when it pertains to HIM.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Dude missed his calling as a rocket scientist apparently.

or as a secret agent

CcoLnzOXEAAnGCa.jpg

29da0e9d0125c2b3d1b633ee042f65a2--max-baer-jr-the-beverly-hillbillies.jpg

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should know that if you scam a person in the pool community, then you might not want to risk ever showing your face in a pool hall ever again.

scam and win (like betting a sucker)?
or put on a tournament and run with prize money?

In this day and age, most people have facebook, or there might be other ways to easily find out what a Scammer looks like, so that Scammer might not ever want to show their face in any pool hall again.

Sharking,
or Hustling?

So, it just makes me wonder, why would anyone choose the Billiard Industry as a way to try to scam a pool player out of their money?

It is said that pool players love to bet and there is no "authority" at local venue to make sure betting is fair and honest.

in person poker is flooded with authority.

The Billiard industry is pretty small compared to most other industries, like Cell phones for example, right?

Scammers should just try to go into some other scam business, to try to do their scamming, and leave the pool players alone.

But see above:: pool players love to bet.

Remember in the movie, The Hustler, Eddie was told that he could never show his face in any big time pool room again, and that was way back in the 60's. Today, with Social Media, if you scam someone out of their money, or in any other way, and you get outed on a big social media billiard group, like this one, then it would be very risky to ever show your face in a public pool hall again, and the Scammers should know this.

You know, if pool players simply refused to bet, on anything, the scammers would not stand a chance.

But you are misusing words--I think you mean hustlers--and pool is permeated with people who think they are hustler material (at least in certain situations.)

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aint that the truth!!!! My cue doesnt roll perfect when I add my 3" mid extension, the solution??? Quit rolling it on the table, problem solved.

Good move, I use to get out scuffle around the bars using one off the wall, the only thing I looked at was the tip.