White diamond break tip

BJKZY174

Registered
I'll second that. Not only does this tip break superbly, I've never miscued with it and it allows for some English with ease, but it's by far the best jumping tip I've ever used. So easy to impart spin on the jump shot. I've purchased a hand full of these tips just to have for a lifetime of break cues. Well done Mr. Picone!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll second that. Not only does this tip break superbly, I've never miscued with it and it allows for some English with ease, but it's by far the best jumping tip I've ever used. So easy to impart spin on the jump shot. I've purchased a hand full of these tips just to have for a lifetime of break cues. Well done Mr. Picone!
Totally agree. I put one on a $100 J&J j/b and it just EXPLODES the rack. Easy to jump with too. Hell, i ran a rack of eight-ball with it!!! Plays like a good hard leather tip.

scratchandrun

bringing this thread back to life. anyone used the white diamond as a playing tip? i have seen some mixed reports online and trying to get some more insights

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bringing this thread back to life. anyone used the white diamond as a playing tip? i have seen some mixed reports online and trying to get some more insights
i ran a rack of 8b with mine but i would not recommend it as a player. way too hard/noisy.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?

I used the White Diamond for a while, but never could get to where I loved it. It broke well and was better than the tip it replaced, but the feedback was really off to me. It felt dead like hitting with a rock. I switched to the Bulletproof and have really liked breaking with it. It seems like I have more control as well, but that could just be psychological because of how it feels when it contacts the ball. I can't say it is not a good break tip, I just didn't like the feel.

Note if you go with a WD, I highly recommend using a pad. Against a white ferrule it can get lost visually. Not a problem breaking, but people would constantly tell me the tip was missing. I was even stopped mid break a couple times lol.

IMG_4868.png

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I used the White Diamond for a while, but never could get to where I loved it. It broke well and was better than the tip it replaced, but the feedback was really off to me. It felt dead like hitting with a rock. I switched to the Bulletproof and have really liked breaking with it. It seems like I have more control as well, but that could just be psychological because of how it feels when it contacts the ball. I can't say it is not a good break tip, I just didn't like the feel.

Note if you go with a WD, I highly recommend using a pad. Against a white ferrule it can get lost visually. Not a problem breaking, but people would constantly tell me the tip was missing. I was even stopped mid break a couple times lol.

View attachment 731446
Hammerhead 2 are in the same vein as WD but to me they feel a bit less dead/mushy. Both are good tips but I prefer the HH2.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hammerhead 2 are in the same vein as WD but to me they feel a bit less dead/mushy. Both are good tips but I prefer the HH2.
Never heard anyone describe a WD tip as 'dead/mushy'. Mine is hard as fk but can still control whitey. Love it. What ferrule is on your cue? Mine is the stock J&J phenolic with the WD tip. Guess a softer ferrule could be the difference.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Never heard anyone describe a WD tip as 'dead/mushy'. Mine is hard as fk but can still control whitey. Love it. What ferrule is on your cue? Mine is the stock J&J phenolic with the WD tip. Guess a softer ferrule could be the difference.
It was a phenolic one piece that had the end flattened with the break tip glued onto that. It's not mushy but it's hard to explain. Reminds me in a way of how the little green plastic army men felt. Not a hard plastic but dampening/deadening. They were great tips but the HH2 just had a bit nicer feel on the hit to me. Both are capable tips.