Support AZ Billiards!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Times are tough. Let's do what we can to support Mike and AZ Billiards. Join the Club Membership and get a huge mailbox (500 messages) and a cool gold bar.

Click on "Links" above and support AzB. All the free info and entertainment we get and all the fun, it's worth it. If you decide to join, PM me and we'll make a list.

Here's a link:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/payments.php?

I'm making a list and writing it twice, everything good and everything nice! I think AZ needs some cheerleaders with pom poms and a marching band as well. So let's help them get all that. :thumbup:

Truthfully, where else do all the pool freaks have to hang out? There's Onepocket.org for those who appreciate that game but AZB caters to any and all when it comes to our sport. Just like being in a pool hall, I've read some crazy stuff on here and some that was downright funny as H! I can get my pool fix on here and I don't have to leave home to do it. ;)

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'm making a list and writing it twice, everything good and everything nice! I think AZ needs some cheerleaders with pom poms and a marching band as well. So let's help them get all that. :thumbup:

Truthfully, where else do all the pool freaks have to hang out? There's Onepocket.org for those who appreciate that game but AZB caters to any and all when it comes to our sport. Just like being a pool hall, I've read some crazy stuff on here and some that was downright funny as H! I can get my pool fix on here and I don't have to leave home to do it. ;)

This is coming from THE MAN himself. Thanks Jay!

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Years ago

I joined AZ because I found out about TAR and got hooked on the challenge matches. Those were some good matches.
Then I started seeing a lot of cool cues and I was hooked. Made a few friends over the years.

Support AZ, get the Gold Membership, it’s worth it just for the bigger mailbox!

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this Mike planning a update? While nothing stops people from forcing things the way they want on their desktop, mobiles are different.

For instance, in Firefox on mobile holding a link to open a new tab doesn't always work due to some "purist" bubbling/capturing reasons Firefox chose to follow regarding table layouts (although, it's been like that for a long time.... ~12 years). The links for page numbering sometimes don't render as block elements in Chrome (they never do in Firefox). Text is run on and resizing in both Chrome and Firefox behaves identical as the page is using tables and viewport isn't utilized.

There's a couple of other things but honestly the 3 in the last paragraph are big. I understand people just want to target Chrome and only Chrome, but Chrome on mobile doesn't have great plugins and believe it or not Mozilla's synch is better than Google's (which is odd), so I stick with FF as much as possible. I'm not hoping for a new layout like the dropped chain Reddit has or anything, honestly the 2 column layout is fine, but actual table elements (table/tr/td) aren't doing mobiles any favors.

FWIW, viewport would help a lot. At least with that if elements fail to render as block or whatever else, they won't default to teeny tiny little things and the tables should/could resize.

EDIT: I'm not interested in an app and I've looked far and wide for a _CURRENT_ plugin on mobile that could force CSS rules and wrap DOM specific instructions, but the last one I remember working was about 8 years ago (Android 5). Searching both Google's and Mozilla's extensions yields no results what so ever. If anyone knows of one that does NOT require root, please share.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Is this Mike planning a update? While nothing stops people from forcing things the way they want on their desktop, mobiles are different.

For instance, in Firefox on mobile holding a link to open a new tab doesn't always work due to some "purist" bubbling/capturing reasons Firefox chose to follow regarding table layouts (although, it's been like that for a long time.... ~12 years). The links for page numbering sometimes don't render as block elements in Chrome (they never do in Firefox). Text is run on and resizing in both Chrome and Firefox behaves identical as the page is using tables and viewport isn't utilized.

There's a couple of other things but honestly the 3 in the last paragraph are big. I understand people just want to target Chrome and only Chrome, but Chrome on mobile doesn't have great plugins and believe it or not Mozilla's synch is better than Google's (which is odd), so I stick with FF as much as possible. I'm not hoping for a new layout like the dropped chain Reddit has or anything, honestly the 2 column layout is fine, but actual table elements (table/tr/td) aren't doing mobiles any favors.

FWIW, viewport would help a lot. At least with that if elements fail to render as block or whatever else, they won't default to teeny tiny little things and the tables should/could resize.

Mike says he's working on the update with an emphasis on mobile. Don't know the specifics but it's in the works.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Times are tough. Let's do what we can to support Mike and AZ Billiards. Join the Club Membership and get a huge mailbox (500 messages) and a cool gold bar.

Click on "Links" above and support AzB. All the free info and entertainment we get and all the fun, it's worth it. If you decide to join, PM me and we'll make a list.

Here's a link:

Here here!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member

Here's a link:

Here here!
Just saw I wasn't gold anymore?
Been for a looong time.
Maybe because I changed credit cards?
I gotta double check.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the post Tate.

My project at the moment is version 5 of the main site. One of the big positives with version 5 will be true mobile pages.

One other nice thing with the new site will be ease of adding content. We have a ton of content that has accumulated over the last 20 years, and getting it on the current system is a little unwieldy.

I want to convert the forums over to something a little more current. My concern has been making sure that itrader and vbookie will transfer to the new system, and it looks like there is code to transfer those to the software that I want to go to. I am sure the mobile capabilities will be better on that software too. Honestly, the forum migration won't happen until we get the new version of the main site up. Our main site login system is through the forums, so they can't change until then.

Mike

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ooops,

clicked the goldmine link and then clicked the join gold membership link and got the 404, twice.

Good time for the mail-it in address, again...

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Dan, exactly which link are you talking about?

Mike

ooops,

clicked the goldmine link and then clicked the join gold membership link and got the 404, twice.

Good time for the mail-it in address, again...

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the post Tate.

My project at the moment is version 5 of the main site. One of the big positives with version 5 will be true mobile pages.

One other nice thing with the new site will be ease of adding content. We have a ton of content that has accumulated over the last 20 years, and getting it on the current system is a little unwieldy.

I want to convert the forums over to something a little more current. My concern has been making sure that itrader and vbookie will transfer to the new system, and it looks like there is code to transfer those to the software that I want to go to. I am sure the mobile capabilities will be better on that software too. Honestly, the forum migration won't happen until we get the new version of the main site up. Our main site login system is through the forums, so they can't change until then.

Mike

Keep up the good work!

AZB is very valuable in the industry, more than you know or probably know.

Remember.....through out the disagreements we are still a close knit community.

I will be a member next pay period.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And for less than a cost of a cup of coffee per month, you also get access to the archive of The National Billiard News and very detailed tournament data going back to early 2000’s.

Thank you for doing this Mike. I can’t even imagine how much time and effort it took to scan and upload all of those pages and pull the tourney stats together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Times are tough. Let's do what we can to support Mike and AZ Billiards.

Good thought. Done. I'd waited until I could confirm the forum had plenty of weirdo's, miscreants, know-it-all's and smart-asses.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great thread, Chris.

Azb has been a wonderful source for pool related info, entertainment, drama, buying, selling, and general social interaction with a large and diverse group of pool enthusiasts from all over the world. What a cool idea Jerry and Mike had and what it has evolved into is amazing and very appreciated by myself and, I know, many others.

I think about what I typically pay for various forms of entertainment, many of which are not available at the moment with the pandemic and all, and AZB fills that void very nicely, and very inexpensively.

All that I get from this site makes me feel like I want to support it because, as Bob said, if we find something valuable we should support it so it doesn't go away.

Very good advice, indeed. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Last edited: