Pool Cue Appraisal

EasyEd77

Registered
Greenie for you sir! Way to make him earn it, it will pay off in the end as you already know! :thumbup:

Kid has come so close he can almost taste it. He had a few cracks at the 8 ball last night. I hope I can hold out until the cue I ordered gets here. Will be so much sweeter to hand him what he has earned on the spot. I want him to win just as bad as he does, but I never show it. Hopefully I follow up with a victory photo of him soon.

JimGinPhx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been thinking of pulling some shots and letting him win. Sometimes I try and bank the 8 ball. I know if he earns that win it will make his gift extra special and he will be hooked for life.

I figured around $300 for the Mali, I really was hoping someone would recognize it. Maybe it’s worth more beings it’s a 1 of a kind ;-)? I’m an old soul and that stick is mine until it can no longer play. I’m real careful with it and don’t let anyone else use it so hopefully I will pass it down one day.

I used to go to the Mali factory in Sheffield , Mass. in the late 80s . It was more of a large workshop .
They had quite a few very nice prototypes that were never mass produced . They were available for purchase directly from the shop. You might have one of those.
I always thought Mali cues , when made in Sheffield ,Mass. , were greatly under appreciated . Well made, hand crafted , hit good and don't warp , IMHO.

EasyEd77

Registered
I used to go to the Mali factory in Sheffield , Mass. in the late 80s . It was more of a large workshop .
They had quite a few very nice prototypes that were never mass produced . They were available for purchase directly from the shop. You might have one of those.
I always thought Mali cues , when made in Sheffield ,Mass. , were greatly under appreciated . Well made, hand crafted , hit good and don't warp , IMHO.

Thank you for sharing. All this history is really making me appreciate what I have. Expensive or not its sentimental value is extra special now. I can attest to your statement about not warping, it is still straight as an arrow. It is around 30 years old and has survived my high school buffoonery in spinning it like the Color of Money, a blurry pool league at Chico State when I was in college, and is still my go to on my home table.