Something new for revo

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or maybe it’s just new for me. I haven’t seen this before . I don’t really need it. I like not having a ferrule. I wonder if they can put it on a current shaft you already have? Wouldn’t see why not.

Attachments

• 46D59427-A81C-46C1-910E-D30FD75639AE.jpg
    46D59427-A81C-46C1-910E-D30FD75639AE.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 538

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or maybe it’s just new for me. I haven’t seen this before . I don’t really need it. I like not having a ferrule. I wonder if they can put it on a current shaft you already have? Wouldn’t see why not.
Possible, maybe. I'm guessing that heat would have to be applied to remove the parts and that could do some damage to internals. I'd just contact Pred. via FB. They always answer my questions pretty fast.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I msg'd Preator. They said you can NOT retro-fit a white vault plate.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I msg'd Preator. They said you can NOT retro-fit a white vault plate.

Yea....not buying that. The vault plate isn’t part of the shaft. It has to have been added at some point with glue. It most certainly is retrofitable. Warranty talk aside, it isn’t some mythological unicorn. It’s glued in like everything else. They just don’t want to.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea....not buying that. The vault plate isn’t part of the shaft. It has to have been added at some point with glue. It most certainly is retrofitable. Warranty talk aside, it isn’t some mythological unicorn. It’s glued in like everything else. They just don’t want to.
Probably right. Can't blame them. If somebody wants to to do this then its on them not Predator. The heat required to loosen it could very well damage the shaft. Why risk ruining a $450 shaft? Just add the white pad.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The pad goes on the solid black shafts and gives the same visual effect. Doesn’t matter if it’s a “vault plate” or not.

You're right. It gives the same VISUAL effect. It does not give the same STRUCTURAL effect.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Glue or Resin?

Depending on the order of the process the resin itself may be what is serving as glue. Predator makes their own blanks from scratch.

Looking at that vault plate it might be impractical to swap out even if not impossible. The time spent swapping that vault plate may be the same as the time spent making a dozen shafts.

Speaking for myself, I like the white vault plate, helps old eyes a little bit. I kinda want a REVO and the white vault plate fixes my one dislike that I thought I would probably get used to anyway.

Hu

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably right. Can't blame them. If somebody wants to to do this then its on them not Predator. The heat required to loosen it could very well damage the shaft. Why risk ruining a $450 shaft? Just add the white pad.

No heat. Proper tooling to drill/bore it out.