The Wonderful World Of Billiards , Snooker , Pool etc !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snookerbacker

https://twitter.com/Deco800_/status...echrome&ref_url=http://www.snookerbacker.com/

snookerbacker 🗣️
@snookerbacker
·
1h
Hopefully some rare finds that aren't online. Still think the old 17 Days at The Crucible Xmas shows would be excellent.
Quote Tweet

BBC Sport
@BBCSport
· 2h
📢 @bbcsport announcement 📢

We're opening the archives across the BBC to relive some of sport's greatest moments.

Including...

💫 London 2012 opening ceremony
⚽ Euro & World Cup rewinds
🎾 Wimbledon classics

Plus more! 👉 https://bbc.in/2QYUFuf

THREAD 👇
Show this thread
Deco800
@Deco800_
·
1h
I think the World Championship 2020 over Christmas would be good too

As John Virgo would say , "You just never know....." .

Last night on the TV News they were talking about this lock down could last until September 2020 and maybe beyond .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World Snooker Tour

World Snooker Tour
@WeAreWST
·
1h
This week, we would have been in Beijing for the China Open.

Here’s a look back at some of last season’s best moments.

Best wishes to our fans in China - we’ll be back soon! 🙏
Replies
𝐒𝐚𝐦 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐨𝐧
@extons
·
52m
Replying to
@WeAreWST
Are the tournaments postponed or cancelled until next year?
More Tweets
stephen hendry
@SHendry775
·
1 Apr
https://instagram.com/p/B-a7xuclgee/?igshid=1puqhyt9n4ztz
Listen to Larry
stephen hendry
@SHendry775
·
1 Apr
👏👏👏👏👏👏
Quote Tweet

ClassicBilliards4137
@ClassicSnookerD
· 1 Apr
Replying to @SHendry775
I did you proud by watching all the last 4 Seasons back to back last week!
stephen hendry
@SHendry775
·
1 Apr
https://instagram.com/p/B-a7xuclgee/?igshid=1i376s8enper4
Listen to Larry

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pagett: I’ll be a tough draw for anyone

wst.tv/pagett-ill-be-a-tough-draw-for-anyone/

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some news about the 2020 World Championship Qualifiers.

https://ronnieo147.com/2020/04/01/some-news-about-the-2020-world-championship-qualifiers/
Quote .

" April 1, 2020 Monique Professional snooker tournamentProfessional snooker
Barry Hearn has made no mystery that he is very keen to have the 2020 World Championship organised and run as soon as possible. This is a tournament that carries a lot of prestige and is very lucrative. For the snooker players, who are self-employed, the lack of playing opportunities is a disaster.

WST has rescheduled the Tour Championship to be now played end of July. This is an eight men tournament and it could, if needed, easily be played without an audience, hence involving a minimal number of persons on site. The coronavirus crisis is expected to be under control, or about, by that time, but nobody can guarantee that social distancing measures will be completely lifted. That’s actually doubtful.

The World Championship itself is a 32 men event. Even played without an audience, it would still involve more people on-site than the Tour Championship, hence present a higher risk. I heard from a trustworthy source that WST and WPBSA are confident that by early September the situation would be such that the tournament could be run safely, and that, hopefully, it could be played at the Crucible.

The real challenge though is the qualifiers. They involve 128 players, coming from all parts of the world, and involve a considerable number of referees, fitters and officials. They require a huge venue, with proper security, and decent conditions. This, in turn, means, in addition to the aforementioned persons, that there will be security personnel, cleaners, on-duty paramedics and minimal catering. This presents a much bigger health risk than the World Championship itself and it’s difficult to see it happen before later in autumn, therefore pushing the main event even further towards the end of the year unless … it goes virtual.

From what I understood, WST and WPBS are considering the possibility to have the World Championship qualifiers run on Snooker 19, the licensed game developed by Ripstone Games in collaboration with Lab42 and World Snooker. The game is available on various platforms and allows for players to play each other online. It has been praised for its very realistic gameplay.

Players would be offered a free copy of the game, on the platform of their choice, and a webcam. The budget initially planned for the rental of the venue would be used for this instead. The shipping should happen in the coming weeks, so that they have time to set the equipment up and get familiar with the game. A help desk will be made available, under the supervision of Paul Collier who is well known amongst the fans and players for his abilities to fix recalcitrant scoreboards. Paul will also organise workshops for the referees involved in the tournament.

During the tournament itself, the webcams will be used to allow the referees on duty to supervise the game remotely, making sure that the players operate the console or computer without external help, but without the need for physical proximity with the players. For technical reasons, frames will be timed – limited to 20 minutes – and played under a 30 seconds shot-clock. The format will remain best of 19 over two sessions but without interval. The player with the most aggregated points will be deemed the winner. There will be prize money for the highest break, but centuries won’t count towards the official tally.

If the experience is a success, the same technology could be used for the Q-school, limiting the need for players’ travel and allowing the Asian Q-school to be held despite the difficult circumstances. "

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have you ever played this game Bob?

My Dad used to say have you ever played Skittles ?

WTF is he talking about I used to think lol !

I've not had the chance to play that game but maybe some day soon . :eek::wink::grin:
Well, I guess I could fit a table in my closet. You play all the shot from one end.

I have played bumper pool for maybe half an hour total but I have no idea what the rules are nor did we at the time.