Uniloc butt question

Dchouinard

Registered
So a few months ago I decided I wanted a revo really bad, and without much research I bought an predator sp2 revo6. I love the predator shaft, and the butt shoots fine but i don’t think it’s a good looking cue. However some of the sp2s are hard to find and a lot of people are looking for just a butt. So I could probably get 450-500 for my butt. I was thinking about selling my sp2 butt and buying a higher end lucasi and therefore having a nicer looking butt to put my revo on. What do ya all think? Should I keep my predator or should I check out the lucasi, do you think they would play significantly different?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the butt is nothing but decoration. Any difference is well within the abilities of your arm to get used to and make use of. I don’t know what Lucasi butts can do in terms of extensions. I appreciate Predator butts for their adaptability with weight bolt kits and butt extensions. And in my opinion their higher end butts are aesthetically pleasing. If you think you can get that too from Lucasi, it’s a coin flip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
" I appreciate Predator butts for their adaptability with weight bolt kits and butt extensions. "

This.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't like your butt, and there is demand for this SP2, sell the whole thing and start over.

Dchouinard

Registered
It’s not that it’s butt ugly lol(good one) it’s just plain and modern I prefer a more traditional look, and being that I must keep the revo because I love the playability, and considering it’s a uniloc my choices are limited. One buy a nicer predator butt like the throne even though I don’t think it’s all that great looking considering the price, or switch to something like a lucasi in which case I would be giving up my access to an extension and the adjustable weights. Some say that the butt affects playability, I don’t think it would that much; however I was just wondering what your opinions would be? Because if it would affect it significantly I would just stick to my sp2 until I can spend 1400 bucks for a throne

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s not that it’s butt ugly lol(good one) it’s just plain and modern I prefer a more traditional look, and being that I must keep the revo because I love the playability, and considering it’s a uniloc my choices are limited. One buy a nicer predator butt like the throne even though I don’t think it’s all that great looking considering the price, or switch to something like a lucasi in which case I would be giving up my access to an extension and the adjustable weights. Some say that the butt affects playability, I don’t think it would that much; however I was just wondering what your opinions would be? Because if it would affect it significantly I would just stick to my sp2 until I can spend 1400 bucks for a throne

The butt affect how the hit feel is, the balance, how the grip area is. All non-scientific things to performance, all preference. The shaft and tip is what affects how the cueball actually reacts after you hit it. So if you want to try another butt to go with your shaft, it won't really change how well you play. Looking for a "traditional look" to use with a Revo shaft will not work out too well since the black shaft makes the cue look very different. You are better off looking for a cue that looks good with the black shaft if you are planning on sticking with it.

Last edited:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Basic black is appropriate everywhere. That's your cue. A couple of years ago I bought the Predator "classico" model based on a photograph posted by RickLafayette. I thought it was the most beautiful, perfect cue Predator ever made. But for me, slapping a Revo shaft on that perfect butt would simply be horrible. Your high tech shaft fits on the black butt well. Think this through.

BTW, thanks Rick it plays and looks beautiful. Too bad I'm so pissed at China right now.