Best Hitting Cues Survey - Please Reply

Room101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, everybody post a list of the cuemakers who make the best hitting cues you have ever tried. If this gets a good response I will post a tally of the chart.
To make this simple and useful, I will attempt to set a few groundrules, although clearly I have no power to enforce them.

1) Please post only the names of cuemakers, not why you like them or descriptions of how they hit. The point is to make a list that says "Cuemaker A --- X votes", so all that other info just makes it more difficult to keep track of the numbers. The exception would be if you want to add a stipulation or qualification such as voting for a subgroup of a cuemaker's total work (i.e. Franklin Era Southwest OR Cuemaker A, 1997 or later OR Cuemaker B's fully spliced sneaky petes).
2) Please do freely post suggestions and discussion related to the survey, HOWEVER, please keep these posts separate from actual votes. When you vote, your post should be a list of Cuemakers and nothing more.
3) Vote for however many cuemakers that you feel belong in the top tier of cuemakers in terms of playability and feel.

If you want to vote anonymously, feel free to PM your vote to me.

Room101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suggestions

Here are a few suggestions for your consideration. I'm posting these separately since they are just opinions I'm throwing in for discussion.

I think we should encourage voters to include qualifications on their votes as mentioned above, such as a particular era of a cuemaker's output, etc. I doubt that their are very many cuemakers out there who never made a bad hitting cue, and obviously different cuemakers are better at different things. So I would say, be specific if you want to. If many of you provide this type of information, I will incorporate it into the tally.

It's up to each individual to decide how many cuemakers to vote for, but I would encourage people to lean towards voting less rather than more. Let's limit this to the very best of the best playing cues.

If there is enough interest, maybe we could put together a more in depth survey with a long list of cuemakers, asking you to separately rate the playability and craftsmanship of each and rate the amount of experience you have with that type of cue, etc.
I was also thinking about posting this thread on other pool forums and the rec groups to get more responses.

Room101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One More Thing

Please remember that this survey is asking about PLAYABILITY ONLY, so don't consider factors like beauty and style or market value or rarity, etc. when you vote!!!

Room101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
This hasn't been asked 1,000 times already.....
(can we get the government to google up AzB)

This isn't quite the same as asking the same old questions; it's a survey. The goal is to produce a simple, quantified summary of opinions.