The Craigslist listing for "Vintage Palmer Supreme Model M from Second Catalog -$950"

azEddie

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Craigslist listing for "Vintage Palmer Supreme Model M from Second Catalog -$950"

I found this on the Chicagoland area craigslist listing.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/spo/4077079997.html

I emailed the lister of this cue and recieved this reply-------(most likely from Nigeria)

[Hi,
Thanks for being interested in buying my Vintage Palmer Supreme Model M from Second Catalog .
I will start my email by telling you that I'm currently out of country so pick up isn't an option. The cue is as described, in perfect condition and will be delivered at your home address. Total price will be $950.00 and the transaction will be made only through eBay because i am not in the country anymore and this way it's safer for both . Right now I'm in United Kingdom, just arrived here 3 days ago. Before I left I found a buyer and I had everything arranged. I paid for the shipping and almost sent it to him. But yesterday the buyer that I had asked me to wait another 4 weeks because he suddenly had other priorities and he is out of money for the moment. I can't wait this long as I'm in United Kingdom for 3 days now and i really need the money, I am in the moving process, changing the work place and everything. A major issue is that if you want to buy my cue you really need to have the money ready for it.
If you are interested reply me for further instructions on how will you be able to get possession of the cue .
I am waiting for your answer.

Warmest regards,
Nancy Graham]

Just thought some Palmer enthusiasts would benefit from the heads-up - - - -

I replied that I would send a check (not real-of course) to "Nancy" for $2,500.00, then send me the cue and the "extra money" after taking out her payment, and to make sure she cashes it in a Banking Facility ONLY located in Nigeria!( we have no extradition treaty agreements with them - this is mainly what THE SCAMMER ASKS ans also is thwe place most scams like this originate from)

Now - I could be wrong,so if somebody wants that Palmer Bonnie sue Cue - - - go for it!!!

:nono:

Attachments

• Palmer Bonnie SUe.jpg
    Palmer Bonnie SUe.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 578

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
They've been posting this for months now, TOTAL SCAM!

I emailed them and got the typical "I'm out of the country" bullshit.

Steer clear.

speedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They've been posting this for months now, TOTAL SCAM!

I emailed them and got the typical "I'm out of the country" bullshit.

Steer clear.

I know someone who bought an Olhausen table from a very similar ad. Long story short-----money and seller nowhere to be found.

Speedi

takeitdown

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Nancy Grahm!

She must travel alot. She had a great josswest on CL too. Funny how she had specs to a hundreth of a mm for shafts, but couldnt say who made the cue.
Just ask for a picture of the cue next to a newspsper from wherever they say they are. That will flush them out quick enough.