Average cost of pick up, delivery, and set up of pool table?

Just out of curiosity, if I were to find a pool table for sale locally, within a 10 mile radius for example, what would be the average total cost for a pro to pick it up, deliver it, and set the table up for me?

I understand that this question depends on the type of table, and other factors too, so this question might be hard to answer.

Maybe I should ask this question a different way.

How much did it cost you to have your table picked up, delivered, and set up for you, and what type of table was it?

Thanks for your replies.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Just out of curiosity, if I were to find a pool table for sale locally, within a 10 mile radius for example, what would be the average total cost for a pro to pick it up, deliver it, and set the table up for me?

I understand that this question depends on the type of table, and other factors too, so this question might be hard to answer.

How much did it cost you to have your table picked up, delivered, and set up for you, and what type of table was it?

Thanks for your replies.

Here in California I would say about $500 for a typical 3 piece slate table.. It's really a two man job to move it and it probably takes about 6 hours total, a couple of hours for breakdown and about 3 or 4 hours for set up. Add cost of new cloth if desired. The original cloth can be reused if you like, but I always get new cloth.

You can easily break down a table yourself and move it with a helper (I've done it several times). Each slate is a couple hundred pounds, so you need a strong back and a dolly. But smart money is to let a pro do the whole job - why risk getting hurt or damaging the house or table to save a few hundred dollars. The skill comes in installing the cloth and leveling the table. Pros just have a great feel for it and it comes out much better than you can do it.

Last edited:

BadEnglish

Registered
I just did this a month ago. I had an 8 foot table. It cost $450 for the movers to disassemble it, move it and reassemble it. I paid an additional $200 to have new felt put on at the time.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$385 to have someone pick up my GC II, break it down, deliver it, and set it up. Granted this was about 8 years ago. (Houston Tx)

Thanks for the replies. These prices ($400 to $500) seem very reasonable for all of the work that needs to be done, and the expertise involved in doing this specialized type of work.

I assume that the prices are as low as they are because there is some competition in most areas, but if there were only 1 professional installer in an area, then he could probably charge a lot more if he wanted to.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Here in California I would say about $500 for a typical 3 piece slate table.. It's really a two man job to move it and it probably takes about 6 hours total, a couple of hours for breakdown and about 3 or 4 hours for set up. Add cost of new cloth if desired. The original cloth can be reused if you like, but I always get new cloth.

You can easily break down a table yourself and move it with a helper (I've done it several times). Each slate is a couple hundred pounds, so you need a strong back and a dolly. But smart money is to let a pro do the whole job - why risk getting hurt or damaging the house or table to save a few hundred dollars. The skill comes in installing the cloth and leveling the table. Pros just have a great feel for it and it comes out much better than you can do it.

I wonder if most Pro installers offer cloth for sale, as an optional add on to the total cost of the job. Maybe it would be cheaper to get the cloth off of the internet somewhere though.

richardk

Mine was 350 cdn to disassemble move and reassemble at my place. Money well spent as doing it myself would have been a pain.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for your replies.
The biggest factors on the price is going to be the size of the table - the bigger the more expensive. Also how easy it is going to be to get out of the current location and set up in the newer location? Are there flight of stairs involved at either or both locations, etc.? Another factor - how far are the two locations from the installer? If they have to drive 1+ hour to get to you, that will add to the price. Also obviously, are you re-using the same cloth or are you replacing it with new cloth?

If it's a local installer, relatively easy access at both locations, an 8-foot table, and cloth is to be re-used, you could get a price quote in the neighborhood of +\- $400, as a 2-man experienced crew should be able to complete the entire job in roughly 1/2 a day, and you'll be paying roughly $100 / hr for the 2 man crew.

However, if you are using new cloth (a good quality cloth like Championship but certainly not Simonis), if it's a 9-foot table, if there are a flight of steps involved in one or both locations, the price could easily be +\- $800 and still be a reasonable price, in my opinion. If Simonis, add another $150-$200. Most installers will prefer to provide the cloth themselves, even if they have to order it, as opposed to the client purchasing their own cloth as an attempt to save a few $.

Last edited:

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
In Florida, to move a 9’ table the first company quoted $950. The second was $450. That was without replacing the cloth. They’re setting it up right now.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 9' GC from a private seller in Atlanta 8 years ago. I think the knockdown at his house, plus setup at my house 20 min away, was about $800 or so. I forget the exact amount. That was with new Simonis. After seeing how much work it was and how many hrs it took, I gave them a 100 tip. Thats a tough job!

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prices will also be dependent upon the area of the country and experience of the mechanics. I would be skeptical of what type of the quality of the job that might be done for some of the prices outlined in this thread.

My experience is with 9' Gold Crowns and I would expect to pay anywhere from $400-$500 (or more) just to safely move a table depending upon whether it involves disassembly.

The cost to properly assemble and setup the table would be in addition to that and I would expect that cost to be commensurate with the experience of the mechanic. Cloth and any related work would, of course be another cost.