Predator LD Carom Shaft Finally Available

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You guys should try the Tiger -LD- shafts you will love it,
I play with it Pedro play with it and now Bill Smith (Mr 3 Cushion) is going to play with Tiger Cue -LD- # 5 Model as well,
Go to Tigerproduct.com-or- amazinbilliards.com

''''Cheers'''', Mazin Shooni

Not to correct you Mazin, but it's "tigerproducts.com". If you type in tigerproduct.com you get a different company.

Dave

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well since that original post that zensteve just listed I did end up getting a tiger carom cue with the LD shaft. the deflection is definitely lower though it's not really night and day compared to a regular shaft. it plays really nice overall. that so far is the only LD shaft i've ever used for carom.

i'm really interested in testing predator's technology. i'm betting predator's deflection reduction will be something really noticeable compared to a regular shaft. the hollow bore is hard to compete against, nothing is lighter than air. i've played a lot with tiger's LD pool shafts and their carom shafts use a similar design. the tiger design is only moderately effective in reducing deflection. they core the front end with balsa which is good, but they way they do the tenon and ferrule adds back a lot of weight, which is the main thing preventing them from reducing deflection further IMO. the predator bore and ferrule design is much lighter overall. feel....well that's subjective, but definitely way different there. tiger is much more solid, though the predator feel improved a lot when they switch ferrule material to maxlite IMO.

overall though, i feel that deflection with carom cues is generally less than pool already, so the benefits may not be as great, but could still be significant. i think many people may warm up to it over time. i have noticed the biggest difference on long shots, it makes it a bit easier. anyways, it's nice to see the industry evolving, and it's always nice to have more options.

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gee, wood threads on laminated shafts -- what a novel idea... which I have been making for nearly 25 years now. Gee, who knew?

heino1979

i am still waiting to get my blomdahl molinari cue and shaft delivered, almost 2 month. waiting is a long hope it is worth it..

here are more about the cues:molinaricues dot com

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am still waiting to get my blomdahl molinari cue and shaft delivered, almost 2 month. waiting is a long hope it is worth it..

here are more about the cues:molinaricues dot com

Did you order the cue from Europe or Korea?

I have many Molinari models in stock including the BL Series, SW Choi models, Blomdahl P3 models, and several full-splice (SP Series) that can ship now. There is a wait for new dual-tone Blomdahl cues which ship worldwide May 10th. I have four beautiful blue ones now up on the US store: 3cushioncues dot com

Predator 3c shafts are discounted 5% (use code "AZB") and are $285 on the store.

-Ira

Last edited:

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB discount code

Did you see the price of the shafts?
$389.00 USD, Ridiculous!! For $400.00 more you can get the NEW cue Blomdahl plays with!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

The entry level Molinari cue (CRMSP14) is $520.18 ($494.19 with "AZB" discount) on the online store. Deflection performance is identical to the Molinari Torbjorn Blomdahl WorldCup Edition Predator P3 cues due to the fact that they share the same shaft. P3 Blomdahl cues are now on sale for $1240.80 ($1178.76 with discount).

For those that already have a Uni-Loc predator pool cue that want to try 3c, note that you can separately order authentic Predator 3C shafts for $299.95 ($285 with discount). These are guaranteed Predator factory installed Uni-loc joints (with solid Phenolic support), as opposed to blanks that are custom built with compatible fittings in the aftermarket and sold online out of discount billiard supply stores - not equivalent in terms of stability and playability.

-Ira

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been an advocate of LD shafts on carom cues for a long time. Some "experts" called it over-kill due to the nature of conical shafts.

The game itself requires pin-point accuracy = less deflection/squirt. Most of our top players have one variation/brand of an LD shaft today. Longoni/Adam/Tiger to name a few.

I didn't want to give anyone the impression that there was only one source for Predator carom cues. I don't only use this forum for my own personal gain. I am quite agnostic about suggesting one brand only.

$989 and $649 respectively

Attachments

• predator-3-cushion-p3-black-billiard-cue-cat.jpg
    predator-3-cushion-p3-black-billiard-cue-cat.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 323
  • predator-3-cushion-sp6r-billiard-cue-cat.jpg
    predator-3-cushion-sp6r-billiard-cue-cat.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got one of the new predator carom cues and I have to say it really is a huge difference. some of the other aspects of a cue may be subjective and personal taste, but if you are just looking at the deflection rate, the predator blows all the other shafts away. i've tried other carom LD shafts and while they did reduce deflection to some degree, the predator's level of reduction is much much more effective. it may take some getting used to at first, but I noticed that certain shots are much easier to play with the predator. for example, cutting a ball very thin with extreme english over distance. in general, I feel you can get a more accurate hit on the ball using english. i'm very impressed with the predator offering

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I happen to like them myself! Taking advantage of technological improvements is smart irrespective of brand.

And yet there may be some that prefer ivory balls over phenolic balls. :eek: