new case for riding motorcycle

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a Road King and have ridden with my cues in their JB rugged case strapped across my back at highway+ speeds. Since he upgraded the hardware on his straps there have been no problems. I use a single strap even though I do have the backpack straps. I like having the strap going across my chest rather than sitting upright. Good luck.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who rides, and he's got one of those 'backpack' style
cases.. I think JB and Viking make them.. two straps like a backpack..
my friend rides with it at an angle, like an archer's arrow case.

Attachments

• IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 238

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Road/sold had maybe 20 bikes in my life. Traveled the entire country many times with my cue. There's something to be said....about having it in contact with your body, or in front of you when your driving ''to keep your eyes on it". I even had my fellini hard case one time, the cap wiggled loose at 80 mph on the 605 fwy N. outta Long Beach, but I saw it in time and was able to save it, if it would of been in the back, going up/down any freeway at 70-80 mph I would of not known that was taking place....I never take my eyes off the road....NEVER. Mind you, at the time I either was using my Zamboti or my Kirschenbrock. Too valuable to EVER take my eyes off of it. And whey you hit bumps at high speeds, it better be ''tight and right''. 110% of the time. If you have a 100 dollar cue, different story.
It's just an old Adam cue. The case I got at Goodwill.

But yeah, I agree it could be better. Will try the handle bars. It's really secure as it is, but I'd rather mount it so it's not at risk to bump a car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
It's just an old Adam cue. The case I got at Goodwill.

But yeah, I agree it could be better. Will try the handle bars. It's really secure as it is, but I'd rather mount it so it's not at risk to bump a car.

I know it's a small one lunger....inter city bike. Your legs and hands will go numb at 75 if you drive it too long. But short trips, yeah, but on the hwy with and uneven road/slab pours/concrete, things tend to wiggle loose some times. Just trying to help. 5 yrs in La traffic with my Zamboti, THAT made me keep it where I could always see it. I had a Saeng faring at the time, had mounts on the handle bar ends and a clear acrylic faring. The nose was shaped like the front of a jet, with the headlight shining Thru the clear plexiglas, and at night the outer edges lit up. Weighed about 10 lbs. I was selling Hondas a the time in Long Beach.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Road King and have ridden with my cues in their JB rugged case strapped across my back at highway+ speeds. Since he upgraded the hardware on his straps there have been no problems. I use a single strap even though I do have the backpack straps. I like having the strap going across my chest rather than sitting upright. Good luck.

I had a Road King, now have a CVO Ultra....I have tried riding with case strapped across my back and I have to say I sincerely do no like it. I find it uncomfortable and distracting, distracting being the worse of the two because that's dangerous on a bike. I also can't have anything cover my patch so that's another thought.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up a Giuseppe 1x1 and it fits perfect between windshield and handlebars. If I want to take the kitchen sink I grab my JB rugged and sling it like a quiver.

The straps on my saddle bags are also adjustable and one of these days I'm going to strap a case to it and see how it works.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Cue on the luggage rack

I picked up a Giuseppe 1x1 and it fits perfect between windshield and handlebars. If I want to take the kitchen sink I grab my JB rugged and sling it like a quiver.

The straps on my saddle bags are also adjustable and one of these days I'm going to strap a case to it and see how it works.

The worse thing about a case on the back for me was this (75-81 Belmont Shore CA). When I did have my Fellini Hard case, the bouncing of the cue within the case, eventually caused a slight cut in my wrap. It was because the interior lining of the Fellini case had a glue seam, which eventually caused ''that'' linen wrap cut. Nowadays, the linings are much better than that. The tube and the leather wrap on the case were perfect. I got the case from Paul Brienza at Hard Times in Coasta Mesa, Ethers pool room at the time.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The worse thing about a case on the back for me was this (75-81 Belmont Shore CA). When I did have my Fellini Hard case, the bouncing of the cue within the case, eventually caused a slight cut in my wrap. It was because the interior lining of the Fellini case had a glue seam, which eventually caused ''that'' linen wrap cut. Nowadays, the linings are much better than that. The tube and the leather wrap on the case were perfect. I got the case from Paul Brienza at Hard Times in Coasta Mesa, Ethers pool room at the time.

Yeah, the JB case isn't going to let that happen.

On that note: the Huebler logo on my old cue is just about invisible, I blame the Giuseppe case as it allows the cue to bounce around and it was in that case for 20+ years.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yeah, the JB case isn't going to let that happen.

On that note: the Huebler logo on my old cue is just about invisible, I blame the Giuseppe case as it allows the cue to bounce around and it was in that case for 20+ years.

Fully agree, reducing motion in the case, as we do, goes a long way towards protecting the cue from any damage that can come from repeatedly hitting the sides of the case or the other parts.

Additionally, I would guess that it also prolongs the life of the case as the attachment points don't have to contend with the extra energy generated by the moving cues.

If anyone comes up with the perfect way to carry a case on a bike then I will be happy to build it. We have done additional rings on request, even tougher connections on request, an extra bag with molle webbing for unlimited attachment options, an extra bag with backpack attachments at positions dictated by the customer....

Just figure it out and we will build it if it's technically possible and you want to pay for any extra work or materials that we might need.

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 20486.jpg
    20486.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is how I secure my case. Rear rack + bunjies. Been fine so far filtering through a tight tunnel.

Ideally, I want to make a bracket to hold it on the left hand side. Bolt a holder to the passenger foot peg, and another one on the rack so it sits diagonally pointing backwards slightly. Sort of like the rifle case someone mentioned.
e6091bb4f0b39cb5efbcd3358d6f2eb0.jpg

Side note: Nice bike, I like the Vanvan I've got a TW200 so we're both fat tire enthusiasts..

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Side note: Nice bike, I like the Vanvan I've got a TW200 so we're both fat tire enthusiasts..
Thanks, they are great bikes for around the city and backroads adventure. I switched to a side mount recently. Just played tonight and came home with the dough... a whopping 15 whole dollars.
6a2ebeee1cc7f4dc2a1b95b80c6b77ef.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk