Visit to Scott Frost's "Freezer's Ice House"

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I just got home from a few days in Phoenix and while I was there I had a chance to play some pool at Scott Frost's poolroom called the "Freezer's Ice House."

I was very impressed. Plenty of 9-foot Diamond tables and the one I played on was really tight, perhaps 4 1/4 at the corner pockets. The tables are in perfect shape and if bar tables are your things, they have bar tables there, too. Food and drink are available, and the standard is high.

The "Freezer's Ice House" is also a sports bar. If you are playing pool, there are dozens of TV's to watch and, if not, there's an elegant bar in the adjoining room with several more big screen TVs.

If you live in Phoenix, check it out. If you visit Phoenix, find a way to go there. The "Freezer's Ice House" is a premier poolroom and also a first rate sports bar. It gets my seal of approval for sure!

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a nice place - I've been there a couple of times on visits to the area. It's changed names to Freezer's Sports Bar & Grill. It's in Tempe not Phoenix on the Southeast corner of Broadway and Mill. I used to live about 2 miles from there - I think it was a Walgreens then!

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got home from a few days in Phoenix and while I was there I had a chance to play some pool at Scott Frost's poolroom called the "Freezer's Ice House."

I was very impressed. Plenty of 9-foot Diamond tables and the one I played on was really tight, perhaps 4 1/4 at the corner pockets. The tables are in perfect shape and if bar tables are your things, they have bar tables there, too. Food and drink are available, and the standard is high.

The "Freezer's Ice House" is also a sports bar. If you are playing pool, there are dozens of TV's to watch and, if not, there's an elegant bar in the adjoining room with several more big screen TVs.

If you live in Phoenix, check it out. If you visit Phoenix, find a way to go there. The "Freezer's Ice House" is a premier poolroom and also a first rate sports bar. It gets my seal of approval for sure!

Oh man! I've been itching to go there. I am going on walkabout next week but not sure I'll make it down that far south. It would have been great to meet up with you there.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
a billiard table brings in an older crowd early in the day when business is slow. they spend money and help make the place look busy. and also have something to watch so some other customers that might have left stay longer.

it helps makes a complete room. just like the tv's and good food.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a billiard table brings in an older crowd early in the day when business is slow. they spend money and help make the place look busy. and also have something to watch so some other customers that might have left stay longer.

it helps makes a complete room. just like the tv's and good food.

+1 and a 'daytime special' has the same effect 'Play from noon til 6 for $10' something like that -Get the ten upfront. Period.

Glad he changed the name-Poor selection

Last edited: