Opinions on Tascarellas

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the market for a Tascarella and had some questions.

I have heard that Pete Sr, cues are better than the JR. cues. Is that true?

How are the brand new ones compared to the older ones?

Are they built differently now then say 10 or 20 years ago?

What are the opinions on their playability?

Appreciate all responses.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the market for a Tascarella and had some questions.

I have heard that Pete Sr, cues are better than the JR. cues. Is that true?

How are the brand new ones compared to the older ones?

Are they built differently now then say 10 or 20 years ago?

What are the opinions on their playability?

Appreciate all responses.

They build their cues together. In general, there’s no difference.

My year-old Tascarella is total sweetness.

Pete has clearly departed from the Balabushka dimensions and does many things differently than what George did.

Personally, I put thr Tascarellas in my top 5.

Freddie <~~~ just one man’s opinion

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They build their cues together. In general, there’s no difference.

My year-old Tascarella is total sweetness.

Pete has clearly departed from the Balabushka dimensions and does many things differently than what George did.

Personally, I put thr Tascarellas in my top 5.

Freddie <~~~ just one man’s opinion

Thanks for the feedback. Obviously the joint itself is much different but how else have they departed from George

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the feedback. Obviously the joint itself is much different but how else have they departed from George

Plenty of inlay excellence

Slimmer handle

I have the 5/16-14 piloted that looks similar to old school joint, but thd Tascarellas do other joints

Read there About page, written by yours tuly:

http://www.tascarellacustomcues.com/about.html

Freddie <~~~ yours truly

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great cues and an even better name.
Tascarella just flows off the lips.
Much better than a few other cue brand names.
You can fill in the blanks on that.

Chairman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used to play only with Scruggs - then a friend suggested I try a Tascarella. Bought one with a ivory over steel piloted joint and it just plays amazing. The Scruggs now sits in the case.

Plus, Pete and Pete are true gentlemen and an absolute pleasure to work with to build new cues. Very responsive, rarely say no (unless you are asking for something they feel won’t make a solid cue), and they always beat my expectations. Have a couple new ones on order as a result.

Call them, order a new one, you won’t regret it.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tascarella is in the top 5 without question! Great cues:thumbup:

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought a used Tascarella thinking it was a great price and I could make a few bucks on it. It's a wrapless full splice cue with a 5/16-14 piloted joint. It looks good but nothing fancy. Someone with more knowledge that I thought the cue was built by Pete, Jr., I have no idea how to tell the difference honestly. If anyone can explain that bit I'd be interested to hear it.

My biggest mistake was hitting a few balls with it. I haven't put it down since. I tried going back to my original player, which I also love, but the Tascarella just feels better. So my precious Lambros, which is also a great cue, now sits lonely in it's case.

It is without a doubt the the best hitting cue I ever played with. Firm, yet subtle.

I know that's a subjective observation so it probably has no meaning to you. All I can say is get one, and try it.

Last edited:

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Searing #1
Showman

At this time I have to say Joel Hercek is very close to the top of the list. His designs,construction,attention to details,a great person to deal with.This is my opinion, I have played with many cues.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing with it is NOT a mistake.

It is a true life luxury, might as well enjoy it.

I bought a used Tascarella thinking it was a great price and I could make a few bucks on it. It's a wrapless full splice cue with a 5/16-14 piloted joint. It looks good but nothing fancy. Someone with more knowledge that I thought the cue was built by Pete, Jr., I have no idea how to tell the difference honestly. If anyone can explain that bit I'd be interested to hear it.

My biggest mistake was hitting a few balls with it. I haven't put it down since. I tried going back to my original player, which I also love, but the Tascarella just feels better. So my precious Lambros, which is also a great cue, now sits lonely in it's case.

It is without a doubt the the best hitting cue I ever played with. Firm, yet subtle.

I know that's a subjective observation so it probably has no meaning to you. All I can say is get one, and try it.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Out of curiosity, who are the others in top 5?

Julian

Everyone has their own list. My top 5 has ten cuemakers or so.

Dennis Searing
Barry Szamboti
Tascarella
Ginacue
Black Boar
Joel Hercek
Bender (Mike Bender & Tracy Dunham)
Thomas Wayne

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great line up

My list

1.Searing
2.Szamboti
3.Hercek
4.Manzino
5.Black Boar or Gina

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I love my Tascarella, but I would put David Kersenbrock in the top 5, and add Bill
Schick from a playability standpoint.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love my Tascarella, but I would put David Kersenbrock in the top 5, and add Bill
Schick from a playability standpoint.

I have said it before on both of those guys. Schick is my favorite cuemaker period.

Anyone using a "Southwest" pin should pay Kersenbrock a percentage....JMO.

Ken

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cues

There are so many great cue makers all of them could easily be in the top five.My favorite playing cues,my current player Bill Schick, Tascarella, and Joss West.