The best close up I’ve seen on the Jonny svb shirt incident of 2019

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here ya go folks. Whether it should be called or not is irrelevant to me. I personally don’t think you can have all ball fouls without a referee.

Attachments

• 06FB58E5-9235-473B-85DF-EF7128D833B7.jpg
    06FB58E5-9235-473B-85DF-EF7128D833B7.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,554

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That picture is zero help...

My livelyhood is not even remotely tied to pool but I wouldn't call that on an opponent even if he had called some BS on me earlier. Maybe his shirt sleeve grazed a ball, maybe it didn't. Would a "hey dude...I think your shirt might have touched a ball. Let's be careful"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Might have been lint that touched the ball...except Johnny probably already picked the table clean

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I don't think he unscrewed because he had to. If a ref was called he'd have to say he didn't see it and I believe the ruling would be in favor of the shooter. I believe he just decided he didn't need the aggravation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here ya go folks. Whether it should be called or not is irrelevant to me. I personally don’t think you can have all ball fouls without a referee.

Looks to me like the Loch Ness monster.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The snapshot is from a slow motion video on Facebook. The video really is the best to show that Johnny's shirt sleeve at the elbow is draped on the 7-ball. At this point, touching the shirt while hitting the cueball would be difficult to debate against.

I think the basic questions are:

Should you call a referee knowing that just the act of calling the referee will guarantee the opponent won't foul?

It's a foul if the wording of the rules is "touching." If the wording is only "moving," can you argue that you didn't move the ball if you're Archer?

Should Archer have quit.

Is Shane pulling a move?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole idea of having no refs and allowing someone to call a foul on a shirt touch to a ball not even in play at the time is so ridiculous and the fact that a fellow pro would even mention it says a lot about that person's character- the fellow who called it has no character what so ever. If it was a hill/ hill match playing for any amount of money or not I would never even think of saying something - I would have a lot more to say about it if it were done to me in person- it would be very ugly and I think justifiably so. I am only commenting on fouls called BY AN OPPONENT for some part of clothing just touching a ball on the table- in my opinion it is one of the lowest displays of Sportsmanship imaginable.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I don't agree...

The whole idea of having no refs and allowing someone to call a foul on a shirt touch to a ball not even in play at the time is so ridiculous and the fact that a fellow pro would even mention it says a lot about that person's character- the fellow who called it has no character what so ever. If it was a hill/ hill match playing for any amount of money or not I would never even think of saying something - I would have a lot more to say about it if it were done to me in person- it would be very ugly and I think justifiably so. I am only commenting on fouls called BY AN OPPONENT for some part of clothing just touching a ball on the table- in my opinion it is one of the lowest displays of Sportsmanship imaginable.

I think it is COMPLETELY And TOTALLY on the tournament directors and promoters.

You can't have a rule that requires arbitration without a referree. Anyone who gets pissed at the opponent calling a foul when there is a foul is petty IMO.

They make the rule, in a perfect world you would trust the opponent to call it on themselves. I know I would and I know that Oscar D. would. This is pool, there are people that would move the ball 2 inches and then swear up and down they didn't touch it.

I trust Johnny Archer to call it on himself IF he knows he touched it, but if I see him touch it and I don't think he knows he did AND there's no ref there to call it. I'm calling it and wouldn't blame anyone who does.

Jaden

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The snapshot is from a slow motion video on Facebook. The video really is the best to show that Johnny's shirt sleeve at the elbow is draped on the 7-ball. At this point, touching the shirt while hitting the cueball would be difficult to debate against.

I think the basic questions are:

Should you call a referee knowing that just the act of calling the referee will guarantee the opponent won't foul?

It's a foul if the wording of the rules is "touching." If the wording is only "moving," can you argue that you didn't move the ball if you're Archer?

Should Archer have quit.

Is Shane pulling a move?

I think the picture clearly shows the ball touching the shirt. Again, what if Johnny just ignored his opponent and kept shooting with a "prove it" attitude?

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yay thats a stupid Rule,breaking ahead of the headstring a stupid Rule,bad hit stupid Rule .If you dont like the rules of a tournament dont play.Shane has more character in his little finger than cheapshot no playing nits that spout off on here. Not to mention more ability than any USA player equal to any other.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This would have gone against Johnny if they reviewed the shot on the Video. They can do this on the TV table at Turning Stone.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
wherever you go in life each place has its own rules and many not sensible. but you have to live with them and play by them.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would have gone against Johnny if they reviewed the shot on the Video. They can do this on the TV table at Turning Stone.

So you have seen the video that proves conclusively that Johnny’s shirt touched (or moved the ball as Shane said). Please share with everyone.