Nice vintage case

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Sitting in the backseat of my '65 ready to go hit some, have cue will travel. Hopefully we get a handle on this virus spreading :(

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice case especially the tooled leather but curious why the seam is in the front of the case or is the latch on the wrong side?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Nice case especially the tooled leather but curious why the seam is in the front of the case or is the latch on the wrong side?

I've only seen a couple like this with the latch on the back, they were both pretty fancy. I'm wondering if it was to keep the "front" looking clean.

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Normally the tooled Fellini cases have the latch on the seam to accentuate the tooling.

I have only encountered one plain case that had the latch on the seam.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only seen a couple like this with the latch on the back, they were both pretty fancy. I'm wondering if it was to keep the "front" looking clean.

Latch on the "back" is rare. Even on tooled cases.

More rare on non-tooled cases.

That's a really nice example.

Not perfect, but not rough either.

That would pair nicely with a vintage player from one of the big names.

I picture a man that drives a Lincoln Town Car, a blonde on his arm, drinks good whiskey, and is not afraid to put a grand or two on the table, carrying that case.

I don't have one with the latch on the back...but then I don't have a Town Car either... I have a Harley and a crazy red-head. :wink:

Damn nice case. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great case and history

Sir,

Great looking case. I am curious as to what flavor of 65? There are so many greats to have but I am guessing you are a mustang fastback 2+2 with a 289 Hp, 4 speed but I would be even more impressed if it was a 65 GTO with a 389 6 pack 4 speed.

V/r
Richard