Black magic carbon fiber cue shaft

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
Per the title box, has anyone played with this shaft by Cue Crafters? I've searched for at least an hour under both names on the forums and haven't found anything! Any input on playability would be nice as well. I've never heard of these folks at all. The only thing I know is that it was on Kickstarter from what I've researched. Thanks.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Per the title box, has anyone played with this shaft by Cue Crafters? I've searched for at least an hour under both names on the forums and haven't found anything! Any input on playability would be nice as well. I've never heard of these folks at all. The only thing I know is that it was on Kickstarter from what I've researched. Thanks.

are they for sale yet??

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
they list a unilock radial pin but no radial pin by itself
will that work on my nitti radial pin cue?

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
kickstarter

I was in early on the kickstarter with them. I did receive it and was disappointed. I emailed them concerning the issues I had with it, never heard back. Sold it promptly.

zencues.com

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it should... uni-lock is just the brand name and I think all radial pins are the same.

https://uni-loc.com/joints/

but you should get more verification from someone who knows about Nitti cues

or after seeing fishermanOICUR1's post I would ask Cue Crafters directly and see if they answer you.

Last edited:

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...or after seeing fishermanOICUR1's post I would ask Cue Crafters directly and see if they answer you.

I'd ask them about their manufacturing techniques and what quantity they will fabricate first and foremost. Honestly, all you have to do is get on YouTube to figure out how to make one of these, but as can also be seen on YouTube, different techniques yield different results.

While I'm interested in making non-billiard carbon fiber objects and have NOT made a single one yet, I feel these questions are nearly universal.

1. Is it unidirectional or woven CF? (Predator chose uni. wisely).
2. What is the mold? (***)
3. Is a degasser used on the resin?
4. Is the resin infused of applied by hand?
5. Will a oven be used for curing (this isn't strictly required, but shows their dedication).
6. Will a protective coating be applied?

I'm not sure how I'd approach inserting the threading (I've seen a few ways), so I'd ask a cue maker to describe the better/best approach to that.

Ultimately their fabrication process will give you a pretty good idea on what to expect at what deliverable quantity. While a loan cue maker could produce a quality shaft, a loan cue maker couldn't mass produce them unless they were more dedicated to the process.

*** The molds could get out of hand quickly for CF, I think this is why Predator doesn't do custom CF shafts. That said, I've seen some people mock-up using a 3D printer then send in the drawing for fabricating molds (you can also use the 3D printed part itself, but surely not for mass production).