Alex Brick Cue info

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
I know Alex passed a while back. I spoke to him shortly before he died.

Does anyone know if there is an “authorized” person that works on his cues? Did he have a partner in the shop? I have one of his cues that needs some work. Thank you in advance for any help. Feel free to respond to this thread or PM if needed.

✊🏽

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Does anyone know if there is an “authorized” person that works on his cues? Did he have a partner in the shop? I have one of his cues that needs some work. Thank you in advance for any help. Feel free to respond to this thread or PM if needed.

✊🏽
His son-in-law used to do repairs at JOB's. Trained by AB iirc. Might contact him or Steve Lomax.

✊🏽

He was always working alone on the few occasions that I seen him at JOB's. Off topic, but he was a really nice guy. Was sad to hear that he died.

Jbyrd

Registered
Yes his son in law. Tommy Hessling. I just purchased a jump cue he made and it is original Dymondwood from the Rutland plant. It's amazing.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I knew him going back to the early 90's when he was a STRONG force on the Memphis region tournament scene as a player(in modern terms 700+ Fargo),with at the time when we met a crazy nice ivory pointed South West or Kersenbrock before he started making cues,and in way he's the reason I am where I am with my repair business. His primary job back then was a field tech for National Cash Register,as he was very bright and well educated. Not that it matters,but he drove a Sixteen Candles era Porche.

When he started making SP's and plain janes,he moved his equipment into the back room at Player's in Memphis,which at the time was owned by our own Ribdoner. That move made the in-house repair lathe obsolete,I asked about him if he knew anyone that had such equipment,he told be about his,and I went and got it. Until I get my new machine going,this has been my main tip lathe since 1998,and has done almost every tip I've done in public since 2011 since I started that at the Paris,Tn tournament at RJ's that until COVID went along with the World's Biggest Fish Fry.

I started doing repairs in public with that same Enco mini lathe and a Chinese wood lathe after having an ivory ferrule hacked up :eek: by a supposedly revered cuemaker :poop: named something similar to our favorite woodpecker while at The Rack in Memphis. It was bad enough to the point we had to be seperated and I told and showed everyone that would listen the next 2 days...😡.

He taught me stuff I still use regularly,yet never saw him do anything. RIP Alex. Tommy D.

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Thanks J-Bird and Tommy D, Great story. I had spoken to him several times on the phone back in the day, always wanted to meet him in person but never got the chance to meet him in person . Very nice guy.