Wayne Norcross running a few balls

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Great shooting!

When you watch this clip - pay attention to the way Wayne deals with the second rack. He makes that combination - afterwards all of the balls are separated and not touching each other. Wayne gets himself in position to pocket those balls as they sit, instead of trying to break them up further.

Many players try to get the balls spread all over the place and most of the time that isn't necessary - Wayne proves that in this video. In that final rack, Wayne intended to pick all of the balls out of the pack one by one - if it weren't for that bad roll he might still be shooting!

Thanks for posting that, JohnnyP!

Last edited:

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Wayne played in the Amsterdam 14.1 tournament circa 1999 right? I remembered not knowing the name, then watching him play and being super-impressed.

Thanks for the vid!

- Steve

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the right side of the video it says that WAYNE WAS A world champion in the seventies this is news to me,1970 was IRVING CRANE 1971 RAY MARTIN 1972 LOU BUTERA or CRANE 1973 BUTERA or CRANE 1974 RAY MARTIN. I do not remember WAYNE AT ALL.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ray:

I posted that. I think Wayne said he finished third one year in a World Open, some time in the early '70's.

I called him a champion out of respect, but you're right, there can only be one champion.

It takes a ball to get to a ball. Heard that somewhere.

enzo

Banned
ghostball said:
On the right side of the video it says that WAYNE WAS A world champion in the seventies this is news to me,1970 was IRVING CRANE 1971 RAY MARTIN 1972 LOU BUTERA or CRANE 1973 BUTERA or CRANE 1974 RAY MARTIN. I do not remember WAYNE AT ALL.

Wayne has probably beaten all the players you listed at one time or another, but yes, he wasn't the champion that year. also note that he was a working man while playing there large events while those guys played all day every day. point is, he played very good but will tell you himself those guys outgunned him, BUT he could have his day and get any one of them.