Had some good news on my book attempt

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Over the past few years I have been writing down some of the funnier. stranger things that have happened to me on my travels with the likes of Buddy Hall, Nick Varner, Earl Strickland, John Schmidt, Corey Deuel, Johnny Archer. They are all just short stories but give a fun insight into traveling on the road with these guys. Alot of funny things happen and its hard to remember everything but I have been doing a good job so far.
So Last year I sent my 1st draft to a publisher to see if I was even on the right track for making these stories into a book. I am no writer and spelling, grammar etc is not my strong point so Iwasn't expecting much but critisizem. Well I got an email and a phone call cal last week saying that they loved it and when they were done they wanted to keep reading more. Also that once I can get to 60 to 90,000 words we can take the next step to publish the book. I am really shocked and excited at this news. It obviously will need alot of work before its ready but I intend to follow through with this with more enthusiasm than before.

Any ideas for a title? When the time comes if I use any suggestions I will make sure that you get a copy. My working title has been "Watching T-Wheels" a play on the song by John Lennon. My girl jessica thinks its good and that the first page of the book should be the first few lyrics to that song

"People say I'm crazy, doing what I'm doing.
Well they give all kinds of warnings, to save me fron ruin." etc.

I just wanted to share this news with the AZB family, Just flattered and excited.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I'm with Darren Appleton the next week or so and he thinks we will get a few more chapters out of this trip :) Good.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
This could get rather interesting and fun!!!

Here's my submission..

" Even if you Beat Me... I'm still the best"

Sappy title stolen from " The Hustler" but I always liked that saying..

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
First of all, I'm very happy and excited for you Mark! And I can't wait to hear about the goings on behind the scenes with all these great players.

As for a title, most all of us knows who "T-Wheels" is, that would be you!
But for someone not affiliated with AZB but who was still interested in pool, they may not be able to identify your working title with what the actual contents may be.

How about "When The Pool Champs Traveled With T-Wheels".

Or "Traveling With The Pool Champs"

Or "Travels With The World's Greatest Pool Champions....Stories from the Road." (sub-title)

Or "Touring With Pools Greatest Champions"

Or "Let Me Tell You A Story......Travels With The Greats of Pool" (Sub-title)

No matter what you call it, I can't wait to read it! Good luck buddy!

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
steal one from the Dead..'What a long strange trip its been"

"Fly on the Poolroom Wall"

"Take the Money and Run"

"Green Miles"

One for the road

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
LOL, thanks guys for you support aome of these are pretty funny. Love to hear more and you might be right on outside the pool community being able to get what it is and thats why I think its gonna have to change.

Terry what about the front cover?? I am sooo friggin excited about this. Whats on the front me naked?? with only a dollar bill to hide my gear lol Obviously have to be a REALLY BIG doallar bill ;)

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
LOL, thanks guys for you support aome of these are pretty funny. Love to hear more and you might be right on outside the pool community being able to get what it is and thats why I think its gonna have to change.

Terry what about the front cover?? I am sooo friggin excited about this. Whats on the front me naked?? with only a dollar bill to hide my gear lol Obviously have to be a REALLY BIG doallar bill ;)

Never mind!:grin:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is it all just one paragraph, like your posts.:eek::eek::p:):)

good job buddy i hope it goes well for you,

best

eric :)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is it all just one paragraph, like your posts.:eek::eek::p:):)

good job buddy i hope it goes well for you,

best

eric :)
And now Fatboy is the literary critic?! Now I seen it all!:grin-square::wink::sorry:

But seriously, AWESOME news, Mark. Way cool that we get to follow along.

I would also love to write a book, but I suffer from an acute lack of material.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Congrats it sounds awesome. Here are mine

Tales From the Rail: Life With The Legends
Burning Pavement: The Lighter Side of the Road

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
And now Fatboy is the literary critic?! Now I seen it all!:grin-square::wink::sorry:

But seriously, AWESOME news, Mark. Way cool that we get to follow along.

I would also love to write a book, but I suffer from an acute lack of material.
LOL, I am sure you have plenty to say. I really didn't think what I had was worth a whole lot but I felt there might be something there. I am gonna guess its gonna be Christmas before this gets done in full and ready.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mark-congratulations and I'm a buyer.:thumbup:

I'll add to the suggestions:

Roadworthy or Tuned-up and ready for the Road.

Any stories involve gum or Budweiser?

Thanks for writing this.

...still thanking you for Riverside lesson with Nick, and particular thanks to Nick too.

take care

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Which publishing house? Just curious as I am in the retail side of book selling
I really do not want to say right now since all Ihave is a verbal intent to publish and I have more work to do. We are not talking about Simon and Shuster lol. However if there is any help or advice you have I would be very appreciative to hear it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really do not want to say right now since all Ihave is a verbal intent to publish and I have more work to do. We are not talking about Simon and Shuster lol. However if there is any help or advice you have I would be very appreciative to hear it.

Congrats! I would think a good title, something short and sweet, would be "Pool Legends." I think you want the word "pool" in your title, as this will help with keyword searches on the Internet. ;)

I was informed that it takes 5 months from beginning to end, once the publishing sequence begins. I'm not sure why 5 months, but that's what they said.

If you get pool tales about pool legends in your book, imagine the book-signing opportunities that could develop. I'd suggest at launch, coming with a limited edition of 100 copies, signed by each of the players mentioned in your book. That right there would recoup your initial investment and then some. :cool:

Remember that correct grammar for something like this is not important. Verbatim is key. You may think about hiring a local court reporter or scopist in your area to proofread the draft. This way, you would be ensured correct punctuation and spelling. That is what separates the lions from the lambs in authoring a book. You want it to be professional in quality, not something slapped together.

In this regard, I know you're English, but it is very important right now to decide how you want your end double quotations. British-educated folks place then inside the end punctuation mark, and American-educated folks have them outside, with a few exceptions. :p

Best of luck, Mark! :clapping::clapping::clapping: