More Pool Wars

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay,

Congrats on finishing it up. :thumbup:I can't even imagine the volume of work that would go into a project like that. I could not put "Pool Wars" down and can't wait till the next installment! Steve

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
I am in for 10 copies, autographed of course, one for myself and 9 to sell in the pro shop or give away for late Christmas presents.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Guess what, it's almost complete, after three years of starts and stops I'm almost there. Just a few finishing touches (waiting for the cover art) and some formatting for the printer and I will have a book! I'm excited about this book as I break new territory here, including several non pool related stories about my little adventures in life.

The second part of the book is what I call My Little Black Book of pool secrets. Most of it has never been in print anywhere before to my knowledge. It kind of encompasses what I've observed it takes to really play this game well. I hope you will find this part engaging as well. I didn't write it so much as a lesson primer, but more as a source of pool knowledge to draw from what you want. I'm fairly certain that in reading this part of my book you will find ways to improve your game and that goes for just about anyone this side of Shane or Dennis Orcollo.

Anyway this is just a heads up to all of you who have been asking me when my new book will be out. I'm not taking any orders yet, but I should have it ready for sale come January. Thanks for your patience.

I want it Jay!

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess what, it's almost complete, after three years of starts and stops I'm almost there. Just a few finishing touches (waiting for the cover art) and some formatting for the printer and I will have a book! I'm excited about this book as I break new territory here, including several non pool related stories about my little adventures in life.

The second part of the book is what I call My Little Black Book of pool secrets. Most of it has never been in print anywhere before to my knowledge. It kind of encompasses what I've observed it takes to really play this game well. I hope you will find this part engaging as well. I didn't write it so much as a lesson primer, but more as a source of pool knowledge to draw from what you want. I'm fairly certain that in reading this part of my book you will find ways to improve your game and that goes for just about anyone this side of Shane or Dennis Orcollo.

Anyway this is just a heads up to all of you who have been asking me when my new book will be out. I'm not taking any orders yet, but I should have it ready for sale come January. Thanks for your patience.

That's so awesome Jay, can't wait to read it!!!

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't wait! FINALLY, I get to see who the 15 no-name Filipinos are that are coming in to beat the world! :thumbup:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I'm in Jay. I've been reading so many good books from the Chicago guys, (you know who) now it's time to branch out a bit ;)

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Put me and pops down for our copies! As always, list Paypal info and money sent post hast. Yes, we want signed editions!

Mike and Dennis Wilson

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you plan kindle version of the book anytime soon Jay?

The eBook will come later, maybe in a few months. I'm working every day now to get this done. I'm on the final edit and just waiting for my cover art to go to print. I feel like I'm on the home stretch now! :wink:

the Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The eBook will come later, maybe in a few months. I'm working every day now to get this done. I'm on the final edit and just waiting for my cover art to go to print. I feel like I'm on the home stretch now! :wink:

Jay,
Random question.. how long does it take for you to finish a book project like this from start to finish?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay,
Random question.. how long does it take for you to finish a book project like this from start to finish?

It probably amounts to about six months of full time work. But the way I do it, and with my other responsibilities, it can be a several year project. This may well be my last book. I would like to enjoy the leisure of my remaining years as much as possible. Heck, I might even make one last road trip. It would feel good to get back in stroke and get in the heat for a while. Some of the best years of my life were when I was constantly in action. I was playing good and having fun every day. Of course, winning helps! I can't beat Tom Thumb or JoeyA any more. :thumbup:

pipefitter25

Registered
Just a thought Jay. For the people that don't know about the book having an endcap at the Las Vegas Airport (I think) is a great place to sell during all the National events April though July to read for the plane ride home.