Sidearm stroke

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Watching it again it looks like a powerful stroke.

Yeah, you got me liking it too, JP.
I like the all-out, gang-ho, charge of the light brigade style that he has....
....the way Greg Norman hit a golf ball.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sidestrokers are the kind of guys who never bought into, probably never even read, instructional books, and hence, they never learned to believe half the myths that are so often taught and believed.

Here's a challenge to all straight strokers....

Align a shot, fix your bridge, swipe from some bizarre angle at the CB, but hit the CB pretty much dead center!.... notice the ball goes in, if you aligned well.

The fact is, the path of the swing of the cue arm, if it gets you to the right hit on the CB, is about 1/50th as crucial as having the bridge pre-aligned in the correct spot.

But yet. many players spend 50 times more energy trying to get their stroke right, rather than their pre-alignment right.

But go on with it, makes coaches and smarter opponents richer!

Last edited:

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Since "The Shark" was mentioned (it is Shark Week on Discovery!)...I suppose I would liken those who shoot with a sidearm stroke to Jim Furyk. He doesn't do anything "right" with his golf swing...yet is amongst one of the best players...or has been at least!!! Furyk's swing was described as "looking like an octopus falling out of a tree"! (But it worked for him.). :)