how are ya'll doing in league ?

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My girlfriend and I quit playing APA before our son was born in November 2015 and 6 weeks ago, we got back on the same team we last played on. We play on a Thursday night 8-man 9-ball team and I am rated an 8. I played the last half of the previous session and had a 50% win ratio. Last night was the beginning of the new session and I beat a 5 by a score of 65-15 (17-3 match score). I had a B&R and 2 or 3 10 point racks where I ran out after I broke dry and my opponent missed.
Before I quit playing last year, I was starting to get burnt out and dissatisfied with my game but since I started back after a long break, I am able to focus much better and I am feeling much more confident, making shots that I used to miss frequently or shy away from. My mental game is stronger and I do not get rattled anymore. I also think about every match I play and analyze what I did right and what I did wrong so that in the future, I can limit mistakes.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15-5 vs a 6 (i am a 5) in 10 total innings. 5th week in a row with huge lopsided wins. Pretty sure I'm a 6 now. Probably the right thing for me.

ru4au2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 5 wins 1 loss..I am happy with it....My team is in last place....but i can't help that

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Playing napa 9 ball and a laggers choice league. 9 ball on monday, on the leading team, and I haven't lost a match yet this year. Wednesday night team is different, and I''m 1-3 currently.

Think I'm 8-3 total for the year, might be 9-3. At a 93 in napa 9 ball currently,

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing napa 9 ball and a laggers choice league. 9 ball on monday, on the leading team, and I haven't lost a match yet this year. Wednesday night team is different, and I''m 1-3 currently.

Think I'm 8-3 total for the year, might be 9-3. At a 93 in napa 9 ball currently,

Solid. I prefer the lagger's choice to play different games but sometimes it is hard to figure out which race I actually want to play.

What did you start out as?

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Solid. I prefer the lagger's choice to play different games but sometimes it is hard to figure out which race I actually want to play.

What did you start out as?

I started out as a 80 for 8, 9, and 10. The laggers choice team I just can't get mentally comfortable playing with for some reason. I don't play well on that night at all.

First year I've played napa, and usually don't play leagues. Wanted to get in a few more days of play, more for practice than anything.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started out as a 80 for 8, 9, and 10. The laggers choice team I just can't get mentally comfortable playing with for some reason. I don't play well on that night at all.

First year I've played napa, and usually don't play leagues. Wanted to get in a few more days of play, more for practice than anything.

Sounds like there may be a lack of team chemistry.

NAPA is by far my favorite league.

I am pretty sure it is the only league I will play in in the future. Most competitive from my point of view.

DonsSmidget

Guppy
Silver Member
I got top female shooter for my division for last session (plaque just came in this week) and on top of that went up to a four this week as well. Safe to say I am progressing nicely

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Haven't posted in this thread in a while, cuz basically I haven't been feeling it. Pool, in general, I suppose. I've won a few, lost more than that, and just don't feel good about my game. And that's all in my head. So at some point, hopefully I'll get my stuff together again.

Fortunately, my sense of responsibility to my teams, and my love of the great time we all have together keeps me engaged enough to keep playing. They look at me funny when I say "I'll play if you want, and if you don't need me to play, I'm good with that too." Of course, I'm the captain of one team, so I do have some control over that :)

Oh well. I do love the pool night part of things, at least.

Have a good holiday folks.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played pretty well last night against a solid player. NAPA 10 ball race was 6-6. I won 6-2. Got out when I was supposed to for the most part.

7-1 on the season. A bit deceiving because I haven't been playing all that great. Mental game needs quite a bit of work.

I joined a BCA league again which uses ball spots. Play a total of 12 games a night. 3 games each against four opponents. After 2 weeks, my record is 18-6. Got moved from a AA to a AAA which is the highest ranking. I am not as good as the other AAAs so who knows how I will fare with the new ranking.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played ten ball in NAPA last night. 7-5 race. I won 7-1.

I played very well. I tried a new aiming system which gave me confidence in my shot making. Usually I play position really well so rarely need to depend on shot making much. Hopefully this and mental game coaching will take my game up a couple levels.

I want to be a grandmaster in each NAPA format. Currently 112 in 8 ball, 98 in 9 ball, and 102 in 10 ball.

PoolChump

Banned
I don't play APA or league anymore SL-9

i am just curious how some of you guys are playing and hoe some people respond without this going to another league bashing thread. feel free to respond no matter what league.

i was playing 5 times a week and cut out fri night scotch doubles double jeapordy last session. i just finished up in house bcapl points based money league and also dropping it too.

it seemed like i was just getting wore out playing so much and working 5 days a week also.

i play sunday night apa double jeapordy, tue night apa 8 ball travel and sat napa. i am captain of the sunday night and sat napa teams.

i started out slow on sun night 9 ball losing my 1st 3.. winning 1 .. losing 1 and then winning my last 6 in a row. i have really come on strong lately beating a 7 by a score of 17-3 and 2 5's both by a score of 18-2. my co-captain asked me to sit out last sun night 9 ball because he is afraid of me going up to a 6 in playoffs lol. with him just being raised to a 9 and us just losing our 1 who quit he is afraid of us not making the 23 limit.

sun night 8 ball i have not been doing too good. record of 4-6 so far with me winning last sun night against another tough 5 by a score of 4-3. i was on the verge of losing until he rattled the pocket on his last ball with me on the 8 which i made with no problem.

last night on my travel team i faced a 5 ...winning 4-2 in 10 innings with 1 break and run. i have not played 8 ball that good in a while.

well i look forward to my sat napa league where i will probably gat my ass kicked like i normally do. a lot of real good players in that league... what wins i have gotten did not come easy.

i would love to hear how some of you guys are doing.

I don't play APA or league anymore as SL-9. Too much corruption and the games people play to take advantage of their system. Chaos from rating system, captains, to league officials. :sorry: