Gold Crown I

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, I'm sure the Big G can be fixed to play well.
But, if you had to rebuild the rails and tweak the frame, how much would that cost ?
And it would still not play as good as a Gold Crown , I would think.
And I still would not trust their frame holding up like GC's frame after years.

The cost is about the same as a GC. The draw back to playing as good as a GC is in the slate pocket shelf, on a Gandy...there is no pocket shelf to speak of, 30% of the ball in the pocket if that much even....and it drops, no rattle. Playability of a GC, Gandy, and Diamond are all the same so to speak, meaning the cue ball will bounce the same 5 times back and forth lenght wise and 9 banks around on all three tables, using the same cloth. Frame wise, the slate weighs the same on a GC or a Gandy being 1" thick, but the GC is over built, the Gandys frame is built strong enough to support the weight for years as well, so...yes, it'll last a lifetime as well.

The Gandy Big G has a much better frame under the slate than a Brunswick Medalist has for that matter too.

The cost is about the same as a GC. The draw back to playing as good as a GC is in the slate pocket shelf, on a Gandy...there is no pocket shelf to speak of, 30% of the ball in the pocket if that much even....and it drops, no rattle. Playability of a GC, Gandy, and Diamond are all the same so to speak, meaning the cue ball will bounce the same 5 times back and forth lenght wise and 9 banks around on all three tables, using the same cloth. Frame wise, the slate weighs the same on a GC or a Gandy being 1" thick, but the GC is over built, the Gandys frame is built strong enough to support the weight for years as well, so...yes, it'll last a lifetime as well.

The Gandy Big G has a much better frame under the slate than a Brunswick Medalist has for that matter too.
Look glen.....you lie so much it's really sad....you such a loser it's sad to even talk on this forum with you.

First the guy from miss ask how much I would charge to come there and redo the rails and the table to and old oak style table...and what I told the guy was first off those tables never stay level...and for me to redo the rails I would need to bring them to the shop and do the job right....not hack work like you do with harbor freight tools out of the back of a truck living in the guys drive way......lmao
I also told him that the money he would have in the table would be a waste of money in that old table....I'm more than sure your turning the story as you always do....I told him I a GC 4 that was bought new and I was the only mechanic to ever work on the table set it up and take it down...I was offering the guy something that was as much better deal....why waste 2500 in all the work on and old diamond.....I'm not knocking diamond....if the guy said he had a dymond wood rail diamond....then I would have given him a price for the job.....your just trying anything you can to make me look like I can't do tables. My offer still stand...challenge me anytime you like......chicken shit.

As far as the Gandy...I told the guy the same thing....I told him I can redo the rails....put super speed cushions on by rebuilding the rails....the price wasn't worth the table....if your going to put 2000 dollars into a Gandy...or old oak diamonds.....I think anyone would agree for 1500 more you can have a GC 4 with what ever pockets you like...I only offer these tables because I have some on hand.....if I didn't have them on hand....I would have just given them my price for the job.

Please Glen....stop trying so hard.....your not the best.....your just a guy that hacks rails and travels around bullshitting customers.
Tell everyone how you just been texting me and how I great my work is.....your just what people call bully.....not a table mechanic.

Now tell me what table you would like me to do....and I'll do it better than you.....and yes...that table started to play bad after a year.....you know why....I did your patch job you talked me into....lol....you know the shit work you around the country showing guys how to do.....like Joeys rails you got poor Donnie to take the blame.....shows you what a nice guy Donnie is to take the rap fro your shitty work....now that's sad.

See.....I amongst other know how you get customers on the phone and bullshit them into believing you bullshit.

The guy from miss...and from NC know exactly what I was offering....I was very clear why I was offering the GC4 to both of them.

You turn truths into lies....but that's just how you are...and have been since I've known you.....you did it to John Palmer...pat O'Donald....Bobby DeTurk....and now your trying it with me.....but here's the difference....I do great work...not saying they don't....but you don't do the kind of work I do....remember....I worked with and saw your work first hand......sure your better than the guy on craigslist.....you you can come close to me......forget about it.

Now.....the place is Kick shots....they ran you off cause you couldn't level the Diamond.....I have proof...and that's coming soon....same as the poolroom in Philly...cut the sub rails back on the diamond bar tables....didn't put the wood back and now the tables take balls from everywhere.....I told you when you were doing it that you were making a mistake....your answer was....f*** them???they don't know how to play anyways.....yeah your the man....lmao
You know how to fix table....right.....best job for you is to go back to valley bar tables and let the professional tables to the pros.....

Man I could go on and on...and I will....but I starting to fell bad acting like you on a forum.....I do the best rails and my table work is great....top players love the tables I do for them.....sand speaking of the GC 4 tables I have....5 were sold to customers in Atlanta and they are players....and can't stop talking about how well the tables play....and how happy the are going with my offer rather then buying another table....and 2 got rid of gandys.

You can't out do me on tables or rails....stop trying to convince people I don't know what I'm doing on tables.....makes you look really bad.

Just go to sleep in truck....you'll feel better in the morning..lmao

Mark Gregory

PS....can't wait on your next bullshit story....I love it....but I think people are catching on to your skills and bullshit..

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Look glen.....you lie so much it's really sad....you such a loser it's sad to even talk on this forum with you.

First the guy from miss ask how much I would charge to come there and redo the rails and the table to and old oak style table...and what I told the guy was first off those tables never stay level...and for me to redo the rails I would need to bring them to the shop and do the job right....not hack work like you do with harbor freight tools out of the back of a truck living in the guys drive way......lmao
I also told him that the money he would have in the table would be a waste of money in that old table....I'm more than sure your turning the story as you always do....I told him I a GC 4 that was bought new and I was the only mechanic to ever work on the table set it up and take it down...I was offering the guy something that was as much better deal....why waste 2500 in all the work on and old diamond.....I'm not knocking diamond....if the guy said he had a dymond wood rail diamond....then I would have given him a price for the job.....your just trying anything you can to make me look like I can't do tables. My offer still stand...challenge me anytime you like......chicken shit.

As far as the Gandy...I told the guy the same thing....I told him I can redo the rails....put super speed cushions on by rebuilding the rails....the price wasn't worth the table....if your going to put 2000 dollars into a Gandy...or old oak diamonds.....I think anyone would agree for 1500 more you can have a GC 4 with what ever pockets you like...I only offer these tables because I have some on hand.....if I didn't have them on hand....I would have just given them my price for the job.

Please Glen....stop trying so hard.....your not the best.....your just a guy that hacks rails and travels around bullshitting customers.
Tell everyone how you just been texting me and how I great my work is.....your just what people call bully.....not a table mechanic.

Now tell me what table you would like me to do....and I'll do it better than you.....and yes...that table started to play bad after a year.....you know why....I did your patch job you talked me into....lol....you know the shit work you around the country showing guys how to do.....like Joeys rails you got poor Donnie to take the blame.....shows you what a nice guy Donnie is to take the rap fro your shitty work....now that's sad.

See.....I amongst other know how you get customers on the phone and bullshit them into believing you bullshit.

The guy from miss...and from NC know exactly what I was offering....I was very clear why I was offering the GC4 to both of them.

You turn truths into lies....but that's just how you are...and have been since I've known you.....you did it to John Palmer...pat O'Donald....Bobby DeTurk....and now your trying it with me.....but here's the difference....I do great work...not saying they don't....but you don't do the kind of work I do....remember....I worked with and saw your work first hand......sure your better than the guy on craigslist.....you you can come close to me......forget about it.

Now.....the place is Kick shots....they ran you off cause you couldn't level the Diamond.....I have proof...and that's coming soon....same as the poolroom in Philly...cut the sub rails back on the diamond bar tables....didn't put the wood back and now the tables take balls from everywhere.....I told you when you were doing it that you were making a mistake....your answer was....f*** them???they don't know how to play anyways.....yeah your the man....lmao
You know how to fix table....right.....best job for you is to go back to valley bar tables and let the professional tables to the pros.....

Man I could go on and on...and I will....but I starting to fell bad acting like you on a forum.....I do the best rails and my table work is great....top players love the tables I do for them.....sand speaking of the GC 4 tables I have....5 were sold to customers in Atlanta and they are players....and can't stop talking about how well the tables play....and how happy the are going with my offer rather then buying another table....and 2 got rid of gandys.

You can't out do me on tables or rails....stop trying to convince people I don't know what I'm doing on tables.....makes you look really bad.

Mark Gregory

PS....can't wait on your next bullshit story....I love it....but I think people are catching on to your skills and bullshit..
Sure talk a lot of BS Mark...and I told you, I don't remember ever being to any Kick Shots to level any Diamond table, if I had...it would have been level when I left.

And what's the difference between leveling a Diamond Pro with Oak rails vs Dymondwood rails, the slates level up the same!

Told you Mark, you're not the only mechanic out here that can work on tables that does top notch work, even out of the back of my truck....but I don't have any Harbor Freight tools buddy...LOL but no problem, keep thinking you're doing better work than I am, if you loose sleep over it at night knowing I'm out here working on rails that you'll never get the chance to work on....not my problem...LOL but I understand your need to feel like you're the best.....LOL

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Mark Gregory

Mark, I'm going to have to back out of this converstaion with you as you're to much of an ego manic to talk to....all you want to do is talk about how great you are and how bad I am....and it's just plain stupid to keep going on and on an on, but it's clear you're not going to quit....so, I guess I'll be the bigger person and let you have all this conversation to yourself. So, I'll just wait for you to jump in and inflate you EGO in another thread somewhere else that I post in...LOL...as I'm sure you'll do, that's what the trolls do here on AZ....LMAO

Sure talk a lot of BS Mark...and I told you, I don't remember ever being to any Kick Shots to level any Diamond table, if I had...it would have been level when I left.

And what's the difference between leveling a Diamond Pro with Oak rails vs Dymondwood rails, the slates level up the same!

Told you Mark, you're not the only mechanic out here that can work on tables that does top notch work, even out of the back of my truck....but I don't have any Harbor Freight tools buddy...LOL but no problem, keep thinking you're doing better work than I am, if you loose sleep over it at night knowing I'm out here working on rails that you'll never get the chance to work on....not my problem...LOL but I understand your need to feel like you're the best.....LOL

Glen

First off the guy said it's the old oak style.....diamonds frames are better on the the newer pros and you know that....but try to convince people there the same.....your a trip..
The newer pro bolts the frame together...the old had inserts in the strap wood that just pulled out as you tighten them....but your know that right....Lo
Glen....I told you before....I'm not up set your out there doing rail work....it's impossible for me to do everyone's rails...and I wouldn't want to.
What up sets me is that you hack rails up and tell people you do better work than me......after they play on the rails.....then they probably think my work is really bad....lamo
That's what drives me nuts....how about the patch job rails you did...or maybe still do.......like I said...you were just here at the house 4 months ago...you sure go out of the shop fast.....after looking at Steve lomax's anniversary rails......you checked with calipers all over....what did I say....if you find something you don't like...let me know.....you said....all I know what kind of work you do buddy...there perfect.
Trust me....my one shelve has more high dollar Festool tools on it than you have in your in tire truck.

Yeah you do better work....keep the dream up buddy....that's what they say....keep dreaming and maybe one day it will come true.

I'll have Bobby post as soon as he gets his computer fixed...he hangs out at Kick shots in Kentucky.....that's how I know.....and the poolroom in Philly is Bobby's good friend...you ruined the diamond bar tables with your circular saw on the rails...LMAO
No...you don't use harbor freight tools.....ok....check your past posts....telling everyone...go to harbor freight...LMAO....I go there...to get disposable paint brushes for glueing....and then run from there...lol
Pat....Bobby.....John...Shane....jay.....have all been to my shop...you as well....all my tools are high dollar.....that's what people pay for....great rail work....and to do great rail work....you need the best made tools...see there's another thing I just thought you.

LMAO...you not going to win this time....you may have bullied everyone else...but I'm here to stay.....and I have a lot more...I'm just tired from all the rail work today....how about you...you tired from all the typing...LMAO
Man this is fun.....you know why....because I really can do great work....just not talk the talk.

Mark Gregory

Last edited:
Glen...save your private messages to me and text messages.....you want to come on a forum and try and make me look like I have no idea about doing tables....then in private you want sound totally different.
It's not my ego.....if I had such a big ego....I would be on here acting like you.....correcting everyone.....trying to run who you don't feel agrees with you off the forum.
Your the little kid....posting pages of people's post.....try to sound like you know everything and everyone else knows nothing.

A lot of top mechanics were on this site....trying to give good advise to the members...but that wasn't enough credit directly your way.....so you challenged everyone and sometimes me in a small way....you gave me more props than anyone.....why....you didn't want it to come down to you and I going at it.....cause I'm the one that will put you in your place.
You need to stop acting like the king of this forum.

That's all anyone that speaks with you hears....RKC....this and RKC that....and I the RKC came up with this and I the RKC did that 300 years ago before anyone.
I have yet to see or hear you give credit to anyone.....I don't need your approval to know I understand tables and do great work.
But you think....if you don't say the guy knows something about tables....then that means that guy knows nothing and is a jerk.

The world is not run by you....you think the pool world needs you or it will totally fall apart.
I know the pool world don't need me.....but I don't act as if it does.
Every time I post something....you have to come in on the post and show your ass.

You tell me I'm just trying to do work and make money....and your trying to give back and change the industry......I did change the industry with my rail work.....no one was doing rails the way I do......until you came to my house and I showed you what I was doing....then you try going around the country showing people how to do rail work the way you think it should be done.....witch is where the trouble has started.
You ways are not the right ways....you know....I know...and so do a lot of others.
Check you post before I every made a post on AZ.....nothing about rail work out of you....all about table leveling and answers people were asking.
Now 90 percent of the questions on AZ are about cushions and rail work....but no I didn't do anything to help the industry.....sure the table manufactures don't want me to fix older tables to play better then the new one there're offering.....but....sorry I want tables to play better.
Stop the bullying Glen....the pool world don't need you or me.....but I know that....you need to learn that.

Mark Gregory

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Because Diamond is not trying to build GC's is why there's a difference, and because Diamond don't use the Brunsick Superspeed K55 profile cushions is another reason.

Diamond is on a quest to build the best possible table there is, that means they're going to go through a lot of R&D until they feel like there's nothing left to improve, and that the table is perfect....which is still not going to be the choice table for some customers out here...that's just the way it is, and always will be.

I'm not against GC's, I've owned 3 different pool rooms with GC3's in all of them, I"m just not fully understanding why so many people that support the GC line of tables....are not complaining more about the different pocket opening miters on every GC built...to Brunswick in order to give them the feed back they need to improve on their own pool tables....yet feel so compelled to complain about the Diamond tables....hmmmm....maybe because Brunswick don't care about the customer feed back...or mabe because Brunswick figures the customers don't know shit anyway, so why should they care.

Glen

I am just taking a guess here, but you probably don't hear a lot of complaints about the GC pocket miters because most people are not in the habit of carrying a protractor around with them and unless this is something you do on a daily basis it is pretty hard to eyeball the difference not to mention how many people even check miter consistency pocket to pocket. On the other hand all you need to do to see there is something up on the Diamonds, Red Labels specifically, just bounce a ball off of the cushion to see there is something very different than other tables.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am just taking a guess here, but you probably don't hear a lot of complaints about the GC pocket miters because most people are not in the habit of carrying a protractor around with them and unless this is something you do on a daily basis it is pretty hard to eyeball the difference not to mention how many people even check miter consistency pocket to pocket. On the other hand all you need to do to see there is something up on the Diamonds, Red Labels specifically, just bounce a ball off of the cushion to see there is something very different than other tables.

You don't have to be a table mechanic to see the different miter angles on a stock GC, all you have to do is stand right behind a corner pocket centered and look at the left side, then look at the right side, back and forth. You'll see the difference then, which is why certain corner pockets reject balls down the long rails, while other corner pockets suck the balls in.

Red lable don't mean a lot anymore since Diamond no longer produces them. Diamond made a change for a reason from the Red to the Blue, so at least give Diamond credit for improving their tables. Have you played on the different Diamond's?

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member

At the Diamond factory I installed a set of 3C cushions on a 9ft Professional, then installed the rails on a 9ft over in Louisville at the Bank Shot Billiards club. Because the cushions were so dense, the banks were the same, hard or soft, there was no differnce in the banks, but then the bank players didn't like the cushions anymore because...you couldn't cheat the banks anymore, and couldn't make any twist back banks playing one pocket at all. Transfer of spin no longer worked to change the bank angles, because the cushions are so hard it don't matter how hard you bank a ball, it wouldn't compress to help change the bank angles....so, I ended up taking the test rails back off, and replacing the cushions with the Artemis cushions again, then all the bank players were happy again....go figure:rolleyes:

Glen

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
At the Diamond factory I installed a set of 3C cushions on a 9ft Professional, then installed the rails on a 9ft over in Louisville at the Bank Shot Billiards club. Because the cushions were so dense, the banks were the same, hard or soft, there was no differnce in the banks, but then the bank players didn't like the cushions anymore because...you couldn't cheat the banks anymore, and couldn't make any twist back banks playing one pocket at all. Transfer of spin no longer worked to change the bank angles, because the cushions are so hard it don't matter how hard you bank a ball, it wouldn't compress to help change the bank angles....so, I ended up taking the test rails back off, and replacing the cushions with the Artemis cushions again, then all the bank players were happy again....go figure:rolleyes:

Glen
They should bank/kick like this table.:thumbup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OPj20afa1M8#t=86
I wonder if Diamonds bank/kick like that .

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Gentlemen, lets bring this thread back under control. The attacks need to stop.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You don't have to be a table mechanic to see the different miter angles on a stock GC, all you have to do is stand right behind a corner pocket centered and look at the left side, then look at the right side, back and forth. You'll see the difference then, which is why certain corner pockets reject balls down the long rails, while other corner pockets suck the balls in.

Red lable don't mean a lot anymore since Diamond no longer produces them. Diamond made a change for a reason from the Red to the Blue, so at least give Diamond credit for improving their tables. Have you played on the different Diamond's?

Glen

Yes I have, only bar boxes though. The place I play for on Sunday nites has a brand new blue label Diamond. It plays much less springy than the reds, in fact I would say the blue plays very similar to my GC.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have any of you guys played on table 1 at Pool Sharks in Vegas. That has to be the worst playing Diamond ever. Pocket speed banks, bank about one diamond long and firm banks play real short like most Diamonds. Holy shit I can't figure out that Diamond.

Glen did a great job on my friends table in New Orleans. That table is really sweet.

Overall I like both tables, but as someone who has played all over the country I can say that Diamond tables play much more inconsistently from room to room than all the different GC's.

PS, you two need a time out

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Have any of you guys played on table 1 at Pool Sharks in Vegas. That has to be the worst playing Diamond ever. Pocket speed banks, bank about one diamond long and firm banks play real short like most Diamonds. Holy shit I can't figure out that Diamond.

Glen did a great job on my friends table in New Orleans. That table is really sweet.

Overall I like both tables, but as someone who has played all over the country I can say that Diamond tables play much more inconsistently from room to room than all the different GC's.

PS, you two need a time out

Ernest D does the work on the Diamonds at Pool Sharks;)