Mechanics Forum Moderator?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The trick to mounting the pockets is in how you staple the cloth, and tuck the pockets in behind the facings. You don't need to put a small nail in them either to hold them in place if done right. As you can see in this picture, the GC4 pockets sit all the way in.

Right, I have studied these pictures before. I have reviewed almost everything you have ever posted here. It’s the only way I had a fighting chance. I do my research but as you know the devil is in the details. Believe me I tried to get them ears right I just couldn’t figure out how you did it. You are the only one of the thousands of tables I have seen in my life that has ever nailed it. With that said I would never drive a nail into my rails.

What I can’t gather out of the pics and the DVD’s is when you pull the cloth on the rails back towards what would be the pocket castings it leaves a space from the facing to the staple point on the wood. And that forces the ears outward when put in the pocket liners. I have tried to pull toward the casting and then push the nose of the stapler as close to the facing as possible. Using the stapler to hold the tension till you fire a staple. But you have to be careful when doing this also because you can fire a staple right through the cloth creating a hole. So for the life of me I don’t know how you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Right, I have studied these pictures before. I have reviewed almost everything you have ever posted here. It’s the only way I had a fighting chance. I do my research but as you know the devil is in the details. Believe me I tried to get them ears right I just couldn’t figure out how you did it. You are the only one of the thousands of tables I have seen in my life that has ever nailed it. With that said I would never drive a nail into my rails.

What I can’t gather out of the pics and the DVD’s is when you pull the cloth on the rails back towards what would be the pocket castings it leaves a space from the facing to the staple point on the wood. And that forces the ears outward when put in the pocket liners. I have tried to pull toward the casting and then push the nose of the stapler as close to the facing as possible. Using the stapler to hold the tension till you fire a staple. But you have to be careful when doing this also because you can fire a staple right through the cloth creating a hole. So for the life of me I don’t know how you do it.

Tricks of the trade... lol

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tricks of the trade... lol

I know this and you don’t have to tell me. It would be a learning experience over time. If I was doing half a dozen tables maybe I could figure it out. Which I would never do. Or maybe finding a junk rail and practicing would help me figure it out. Or maybe I never will. I doubt if I did it by myself again I would get it right.