Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
View attachment 560432

View attachment 560433

View attachment 560434

View attachment 560435

View attachment 560436

Here's one that doesn't come along often.....
For sale is a six-point, Southwest-style Dave Kikel cue with ringwork at six positions.
Not sure of the wood in the points and the butt sleeve and points. I am guessing Koa. Whatever it is, make no mistake, it's gorgeous. The forearm is curly with some bird's-eye.
Cue is a solid 99 percent perfect, with one shaft having a hint of a taper roll, almost unnoticeable.

More specs:
Butt: 15.2 ounces
Shaft 1: 3.9 ounces, 13.08 mm
Shaft 2: 3..9 ounces, 13.02 mm
Joint: 5/16x14 piloted
Wrap: Linen

1199, shipped
👉1099, shipped

Last edited:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
View attachment 560177

View attachment 560178

View attachment 560179

Here's one that doesn't come along often.....
For sale is a six-point, Southwest-style Dave Kikel cue with ringwork at six positions.
Not sure of the wood in the points and the butt sleeve and points. It could be Koa or a stained curly maple or some other exotic wood that Dave picked up. Whatever it is, make no mistake, it's gorgeous. The forearm is curly with some bird's-eye.
Cue is a solid 99 percent perfect, with one shaft having a hint of a taper roll, almost unnoticeable.

More specs:
Butt: 15.2 ounces
Shaft 1: 3.9 ounces, 13.08 mm
Shaft 2: 3..9 ounces, 13.02 mm
Joint: 5/16x14 piloted
Wrap: Linen

1199, shipped
Are the points sharp or rounded?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
See later post by j.dobski07 on how points are done. Thank you.

Last edited:

vmendoza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
its definitely a curly koa & a very figured one. Beautiful cue! glwys sir!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

j.dobski07

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not CNC, it’s a pantograph. Completely different. He uses a router that follows a template of desired pocket shape. Ones side follows the template with a position rod while the other side has the router and cuts into the would. It’s super time consuming and does take a special type of skill and most of all special type of patience lol.

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
It’s not CNC, it’s a pantograph. Completely different. He uses a router that follows a template of desired pocket shape. Ones side follows the template with a position rod while the other side has the router and cuts into the would. It’s super time consuming and does take a special type of skill and most of all special type of patience lol.

Before this thread goes off the rails -- as many for-sale threads do -- and morphs into a discussion on how points are done, I would like to get back to my original purpose behind starting this thread, which is: I would like to sell a cue.....anyone interested in buying a really nice player?

Last edited:

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
I have had a few ask if the wrapless Kikel is for sale....of course, everything :) is for sale: it's $1299 shipped, PM for specs or more pics