Warm Up and Break Rules.

sightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How long are the players usually allow for warm up before the match, 3 or 5 minutes?

How long is the break and when should it be taken during a match?

Can a player request to have his cueball cleaned by the referee or can himself clean it if there is no referee?

Is it true that only one extension is allow per match regardless lenght of the match e.g. 30 points vs 50 points? Is the extension time the same as the normal shot clock time e.g 40 seconds?

Does the referee have to give the shooting player a warning when shot clock is running low or it's the player's responsibility? Does this rule the same between worldcup and league matches?

Thanks

nbrack

Registered
I do not know the answers to these questions but I assume some of them are event specific and coordinated at the pre-tournament players meetings. I noticed while watching the Guri tournament on Kozoom the break seemed to be initiated when the first player to reach 20 or more points ended their turn.

Francisco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to wright only about the world cups. The other tournaments may have other regulations.
The break like Nbrack wrote is when the first player reaches 20 or more points (the distance in the World cups is 40 points), half of the match, imediatly after the end of the player inning. The warm up is 5 minutes and the break is also 5 minutes. The cleaning of the ball is a litle more delicate subject. The ball is only cleaned during the match, when the referee (don´t forgett that who runs the match is always the referee) or the player notes that his ball isn´t clean, and if the referee agrees he cleans only that ball, not all the balls. At the break the balls may be clean but only with the agreament of the player, the player may be satisfied with his ball like it is.
Hope i could help

Best regards
Francisco

Last edited: