Pin Yi Ko - The Best ?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
He also has the distinction of losing to a woman old enough to be his mom & then be eliminated by a man old enough to be his dad. The best? At least he shows respect for his elders.

it sounds like you're underestimating Kare Corr. In case you havent googled yet, she's a 4-time snooker world champion - she knows how to win world championships (not the kind who makes lousy shots when almost on the hill of the world championship finals).
Also, Kenichi is in his mid 40-s, a bit younger than Souquet, who's still unbeaten in this tournament.

Last edited:

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For some reason, the Taiwan players do not do well in the US. Both Ko brothers have been eliminated so far. And now Chang Yu Lung is now out too courtesy of Shannon Daulton. Chang Jung Ling is still battling it out in the B side though.

I've watched all of the TV matches so far and everyone seems to be playing very well!! All the Asian players are playing great, a few Americans playing well and some of the older Euros really showing up with their A games like Ortman and Souquet.. I know this thread is about bashing champions but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Go USA!

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the story goes that Don Willis was playing in a tournament and the promoter wanted to have him write up a bio for introductions. Don being notoriously publicity shy as he made his living hustling pool didn't want to. The promoter insisted so Don says let me see the stack and pulls out the one who has the most titles and scribbles across the top, "I beat him".

the majority of people on here won't even get what you're trying to say by this, sadly.

We get it.:thumbup:
https://youtu.be/rPCFD2bOpuA

Last edited:

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
names

How does anybody keep them straight? Chang Yu Lung, Chang Jung Ling, etc.
It would be like walking into a 20 table room that was packed to the gills and everybody's name is Bob.

Yeah, them foreigners sure have some weird names! Why can't they use American names? I heard that they even have their own language! How rude is that?

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he's pretty awesome

not the best though

still amazes me that people get so hung up on the "world championship" moniker, they're just major tourneys that the wpa stamps as a world championship, and between the different disciplines, there is just a ton of em