Wavy joint

baji314

14.1 trainee
Silver Member
Are cuemakers now also using wavy joint as an option for new cue orders? What is the opinion on the joint as far as hit/feel is concerned.

Thank you

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The WAVY JOINT' seems to be on the MEZZ CUES-
Maybe MEZZ VERSION OF RADIAL PIN-
" I think,
trying to get FULL CONTACT OF THE THREADS IN THE SHAFT TO FIT NICE AND SNUG TO THE JOINT PIN"

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the tap and have made cues, mid extensions and shafts with Wavy joint. Simple to install and as Duane said, very similar to Radial. The price for the tap is crazy though!

JC

Coos Cues
This pin has no reasonable justification to exist.

If someone says they can tell the difference by the hit from the other large pins out there they are lying.

All it does is add another layer of expense to repairing cues.

JC

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As someone who has a large inventory of taps. I've always felt justified in my inventory. Until the wavy tap came along. No matter how I try to define it. I cannot justify it's price especially considering what tools from China normally cost. It's a tough sell.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This pin has no reasonable justification to exist.

If someone says they can tell the difference by the hit from the other large pins out there they are lying.

All it does is add another layer of expense to repairing cues.

JC

I think the same can pretty much be said about every cue maker who comes up with some "odd ball" pin that is somewhat "non-standard".

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Tap

Perry sells the tap at a affordable price and it works just as good as the OEM at a fraction of the price.

Enjoy’

Rob.M