Amazing Anniversary & Centennial work going on during the lockdown

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well personally I'm fascinated & educated to see new, old, repro, in between tables & parts as long as they are among the better models.

So basically, these are mostly reproduction tables? His work is amazing, but, they are not antiques or even Brunswick tables at that point.

Not a challenge or comment on opinion - you usually provide good practical info including the manual - but i (think?) i see a suggestion in there. It has always struck me that the most difficult aspect of repro-ing an Anniversary (more so a Centennial) would be acquiring the visible aluminum parts. Is there a suggestion in the repro comment that pocket castings might be available aftermarket?

Re another comment about "rosewood" - the unfinished wooden legs and rails appear to be Pau Fero, which is sometimes sold as "Bolivian rosewood" but is not a rosewood. It is hard, dense, & attractive. (IOW excellent) Can't tell about the stained/finished legs.

To the OP: great work, love the photos, keep posting, please!

smt

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mark gregory

lets get this straight if you want to slander Mark and to use my name to do it
BEWARE ,I want no part of bad mouthing Mark

Mark missed some delivery dates with me i got tired of it and posted the table for
sale revealing the fact that he had missed dates so as not to deceive anyone

I sold the table to a man in south texas.Mark delivered the wonderful table to the
new buyer and this work as usual was flawless.

I got mad about dates, Mark had reasons,he has since delivered the table.
i lost a few thousand dollars,so you might expect me to be mad at Mark.
perhaps I was mad for a time,but unlike a few individuals on here that love
to slander others I don't.

Mark made Chris a wonderful Centennial,best i ever saw,then he made Billy Incardone
a wonderful $25000 masterpiece. I saw Billys table when i stopped by his house he was thrilled.
AS I understand it Earl Strickland has called Mark and ordered a new centennial table from Mark.
If Earl doesn't know a good table who does?
I have heard of Brunswick coming to Mark for advice
everyone kknows he is the best

I would assume Billy Incardone knows good work,he was thrilled with his table. Billy gave
me a good natured jibe for losing money over a time line dispute.

I did lose but the bad thing is i didn't get the best Centennial table ,i got something
less, why Trent from Toledo had to knock my table and Marks name is a mystery to me.
my present table is not a mark gregory table,i wish it were

i offered mark $10,000 trade difference last week. He said he needed more and so we did nothing

I have never had any dealings with Trent from Toledo and never will. I have talked with Mark
about making me something. sure we had a spat ,but I would buy from him a hundred times
before i ever bought from a liar and knocker.

I won't mention who I am thinking about.

Mark Gregory does work that is so far superior to anyone else that
I will bet $10,000 and let Trent bring his best,put it beside the Mark
Gregory table and let any qualified expert pick the winner.

Mark and I had a spat, I still think I was right,but I regret that my words are
being used against the finest craftsman in the industry today.

I lost a few bucks,true,but I am not claiming nor
ever did claim that his work was bad or he cheated me.
A person can have a falling out without either party being guilty
of crime. I felt bad and regret criticizing Mark

There is also a professional weasel criticizing Mark on here and bandishing my name
around, i recommend that you guys ignore that weasel

I

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
lets get this straight if you want to slander markand lan to use my name to do it

No one slandered anyone, I just reposted what you made PUBLIC on a PUBLIC FORUM. As for calling me names and especially the "liar" part, that is actually slander because you are making that up and cannot show one instance where I "lied"...

Since you came on here and decided to try and back step your original post. Why don't you tell everyone what you told me via private message about getting THOUSANDS of dollars less back from the deal?

Its OK Dean, we see ya selling that Centennial for FAR less than $15k....
Now looking for a "perfect" Gold Crown, getting old like you must suck, nothing makes you happy!!

TFT

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
giphy.gif

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Did you just knock someone for being a senior citizen? SMH

With all the name calling and "weak libel" I have no issues telling him off. He is one of those old guys with money at the end of his road still thinking that money will make him happy.... Must be lonely!!

TFT

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the name calling and slander I have no issues telling him off. He is one of those old guys with money at the end of his road still thinking that money will make him happy.... Must be lonely!!

TFT

Technically, it would be libel(written) vs slander(spoken), and with Dean just saying you are a liar, but not furnishing any facts(because what facts are there to furnish?), it's pretty vague for libel.

Dean has been pissed with me since I ribbed him about the Jackpots by quoting the various things he said regarding them, you know how that goes, gotta joke about it anytime the moment presents itself now. I would assume that makes me the " the pro weasle", but Dean can't say one thing I have done bad other than quoting him or others and then getting a laugh at their expense showing them contradicting themselves.

And that was just a touch mean Trent, likely quite true, which is why it was mean.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Technically, it would be libel(written) vs slander(spoken), and with Dean just saying you are a liar, but not furnishing any facts(because what facts are there to furnish?), it's pretty vague for libel.

Dean has been pissed with me since I ribbed him about the Jackpots by quoting the various things he said regarding them, you know how that goes, gotta joke about it anytime the moment presents itself now. I would assume that makes me the " the pro weasle", but Dean can't say one thing I have done bad other than quoting him or others and then getting a laugh at their expense showing them contradicting themselves.

And that was just a touch mean Trent, likely quite true, which is why it was mean.

I stand corrected Snooker! I quoted EXACTLY what he said, did not embellish one bit. I could care less about being mean to that old bag of bones....

TFT

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tell trent to read my original post

no secrets,i admitted i lost money

i guess his reading is no better than his pool or pool table stuff

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
tell trent to read my original post

no secrets,i admitted i lost money

i guess his reading is no better than his pool or pool table stuff

You could not play me in 8, 9, or one pocket!!! You have never seen or played on any tables of mine. You are like a little boy. I have learned i want to be nothing like you when I get old. (Edited because it was too mean, I am not an animal). Bye dude.

TFT

Last edited:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
We are all allowed our opinions! This is an open forum and I will say what I want, when I want. I have found this to be a fact in life, there will always be people who do not agree with you and that is totally ok with me. There is this wonderful option on here and I think you should use it: Go into your settings and add me to your IGNORE list. My ignore list is very short, I tend to just ignore things I don't like on here.

TFT

Trent, it is a shame that you feel that you can act any way that you want, and that it is everyone else's responsibility to ignore you, if they don't like what you say or how you act. The true fact is, you know little about respect or etiquette.

You have learned much from your mentor, especially in how you present yourself to this forum. You bully other members, and you sing your own praises, at the detriment of others. There are a couple of reasons that very few "mechanics" post on here anymore. You are one of those reasons.

Your common defense is that your "Customers are happy".. Well, I have seen the photo albums that you plaster here. Even without close-up photos, I can see that your work is sub-par.. Rail cloth stretched unevenly, and so tight that it dimples the nose of the cushions.. Pocket castings misaligned, so that they either stick out too far, or sit so far inward that the rail trim protrudes... Gold Crown side skirts not properly aligned... Loose cloth in the pockets... And why in the world would you install Championship Mercury Ultra on multiple 9' Gold Crowns, at a commercial location??

But at least you make a good living, and provide for your family, right?

And you want to criticize other people, trying to do the same? Get outta here..

If I were an admin, I would have banned you long ago, for conduct detrimental to the growth of the forum.

But, if this is the culture that Mr. Howerton wants here, I will be happy to bow out.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I will be happy to bow out.

MAYBE JUST DO THAT. Like I said earlier in the post, use the IGNORE feature if you do not like my posts.

You are allowed your opinion, that's how forums work. I love how you like to speak for people other than yourself. Sure, there are people I don't get along with, that is LIFE.

I am not even going to address the comments you have made about my work. Here are detailed pics of most of my restorations :

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums&ref=page_internal

Customer wants Mercury Ultra, that is what they get... We happen to be testing CPBA Pro in the same room on 12 Valleys since last summer and guess what we are using this summer on the GC3's???

One thing I will agree with you on is that this forum is "loosely" moderated, but, that allows to people to say what they want. No threats, name calling or cussing at people. Pretty simple rules.

Create your own forum if you like, but, AZHOUSEPRO does a GREAT job with AZB and that is why it is the largest Billiards forum in the WORLD.

In the 7 years I have been a member the mechanics forum is no longer the "battlezone". If that means less people arguing, that is great. In reality: there are very, very few topics that have not been covered in the past.

The Ignore feature in your settings is calling your name!

TFT

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But, if this is the culture that Mr. Howerton wants here, I will be happy to bow out.
Take a look at the NPR section, the thing is Mike is a big proponent of free speech(within reason), this thread is pretty mild compared to most any in NPR.

I would like to apologize to pool table 911 though for partially being responsible for derailing this thread. I actually enjoy seeing pics of Mark's work, and appreciate him taking the time to share them, I am a little more rowdy than normal due to cabin fever.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Take a look at the NPR section, the thing is Mike is a big proponent of free speech(within reason), this thread is pretty mild compared to most any in NPR.

I would like to apologize to pool table 911 though for partially being responsible for derailing this thread. I actually enjoy seeing pics of Mark's work, and appreciate him taking the time to share them, I am a little more rowdy than normal due to cabin fever.

Tap tap tap!

Post more pics!

TFT

p.s. I am a lil more rowdy as well. I been working at the shop 3-4 hours a day and have a computer there as well.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
MAYBE JUST DO THAT. Like I said earlier in the post, use the IGNORE feature if you do not like my posts.

You are allowed your opinion, that's how forums work. I love how you like to speak for people other than yourself. Sure, there are people I don't get along with, that is LIFE.

I am not even going to address the comments you have made about my work. Here are detailed pics of most of my restorations :

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums&ref=page_internal

Customer wants Mercury Ultra, that is what they get... We happen to be testing CPBA Pro in the same room on 12 Valleys since last summer and guess what we are using this summer on the GC3's???

One thing I will agree with you on is that this forum is "loosely" moderated, but, that allows to people to say what they want. No threats, name calling or cussing at people. Pretty simple rules.

Create your own forum if you like, but, AZHOUSEPRO does a GREAT job with AZB and that is why it is the largest Billiards forum in the WORLD.

In the 7 years I have been a member the mechanics forum is no longer the "battlezone". If that means less people arguing, that is great. In reality: there are very, very few topics that have not been covered in the past.

The Ignore feature in your settings is calling your name!

TFT

Wouldn't it be easy for you, if I were to just ignore your antics? It seems that I may be among the few who aren't afraid to call you out.

Though, you don't need me calling you out, to make yourself look bad.. Look at the way that you treated Dean, in this very thread.. Look at the offensive and combative language that you routinely use.. Look at your shameless self-promotion, in threads that are intended to commend individuals who are completely unrelated to you or your business..

It seems that you try to convince everyone here that you are a good person, and that your intentions for this forum are of good nature. Though, I do have to question... Is it actually the members here that you are trying to convince, or is it yourself? Regardless, it surely is quite the public display.