Niels Feijen

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Does anyone know how tall he is? I've looked all over the net and can't find out. I saw him on ESPN the other day and looks around 6 ft. I'm asking cause I've never heard or seen any pros 6 feet and above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is 6' you cutoff or is there an over under, cause Shane is not short nor is Hatch, Johnny, Putnam, how tall was Mathews?

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
I've stood next to Shane and he's definitely not 6 ft. When the Neils and Shane match aired the other day, it looked like he towered over Shane.

Eurotroll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He isn't very tall as some people think. I am 6' (183cm) and he he slightly shorter than me, I would say about 178-180cm. Same happens with Corey Deuel.
There are few tall pool players, Hatch, Strickland, Grabe, Boyes are some of them. I think table heigh these days favours people between 165-175cm... snooker players are usually taller (and then you have Pagulayan :D) and table height is greater. I am a pool player, but I play snooker a little and I find much more confortable and into the shot in a snooker table than in a pool table.

Last edited:

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Thanks for the response Erotroll! That gives me a better estimate. I'm sure he's around 5'10 or so.

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6 foot

Played him at derby 2 years ago, great guy. You may think he's a giant by watching him play but I'm guessing he's 6 ft tops....but geezer he had sweaty palms after our match ..lol
A stand up pro, honored to play him.

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Lol damn, if you gave him sweaty palms, I definitely need the last 3 and 1 one on the wire playing you. :D

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Dutch are on average the tallest people on the planet. Just 150 years ago, they were relatively short. In 1860, the average Dutch soldier in the Netherlands was 5-foot-5. American men were 2.7 inches taller.

Since 1860, average heights have increased in many parts of the world, but no people have shot up like the Dutch. The average Dutchman now stands more than 6 feet tall. And while the growth spurt in the United States has stopped in recent years, the Dutch continue to get taller.

I'd guesstimate that Niels is about 6'2". Keith is 5'10."

Attachments

• Niels Feijen and Keith.JPG
    Niels Feijen and Keith.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,093

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
The Dutch are on average the tallest people on the planet. Just 150 years ago, they were relatively short. In 1860, the average Dutch soldier in the Netherlands was 5-foot-5. American men were 2.7 inches taller.

Since 1860, average heights have increased in many parts of the world, but no people have shot up like the Dutch. The average Dutchman now stands more than 6 feet tall. And while the growth spurt in the United States has stopped in recent years, the Dutch continue to get taller.

I'd guesstimate that Niels is about 6'2". Keith is 5'10."

Thanks for the info and picture JAM! I hope you and Keith are doing well!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've never heard or seen any pros 6 feet and above.

Seriously?

Someone go check how tall these guys are/were:

Earl
Scott Frost
Johnny
Kim
Hatch
Shane (maybe you saw Shane when he was younger?)
Niels
Boyes

And let's not forget:
Miz
David. Bollman (~6' 5")
Grady

--------------

Freddie <~~~ not even close

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Seriously?

Someone go check how tall these guys are/were:

Earl
Scott Frost
Johnny
Kim
Hatch
Shane (maybe you saw Shane when he was younger?)
Niels
Boyes

And let's not forget:
Miz
David. Bollman (~6' 5")
Grady

--------------

Freddie <~~~ not even close

Thanks for the list Freddie. That satisfies my curiousisty. I was originally asking because most of the greats I've seen have been short this leading to my question about pros over 6ft. Thanks to all that replied.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excuse me! That would make 5'7 a midget in your book. :eek:
By the way many great pool players were in the 5'6-5'8 range.

I'm 5'6" and when I was standing next to Mario Morra at TS today I figured I could eat pie off his head. Guy is a stone cold killer, and he must be in his 60s.

That said, being short did nothing noticeably special for my game.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excuse me! That would make 5'7 a midget in your book. :eek:
By the way many great pool players were in the 5'6-5'8 range.

Its odd, Ive always thought there was a 'sweet spot' as far as height to skill ratio because of that. There will be exceptions of course, but a good number of champion level players do seem to be in that five and a half feet +/- an inch or two range.

I always figured it was the ability to find a good, comfortable and repeatable stance in regards to the table height. :thumbup:

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know how tall he is? I've looked all over the net and can't find out. I saw him on ESPN the other day and looks around 6 ft. I'm asking cause I've never heard or seen any pros 6 feet and above.

5'10" ish.

Last edited:

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm 5'4"

"Raising the Hustler"

Attachments

• Neils Feijen and me.jpg
    Neils Feijen and me.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 347